Is it possible to modify an existing texture mod?

+
Is it possible to modify an existing texture mod?

Hi, I strongly prefer the original Wolf Armor texture and so have been using the "Original Witcher Armor Sets Colors" mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1536). However, I would like to switch it for a version that ONLY modifies the armor. I'd prefer to keep the new textures for the pants and boots, because I like the way they look and I like using the dyes on them. But the original armor looks so much better and I would like to have a mod that strictly reverts to the original colors only for that one piece of Wolf gear. I tried to use Mod Kitchen to do it but when I uncook the files, it's only xbm files, not image files, and I'm not sure what to do with them or how to get rid of everything but the files that apply to the armor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it gives me the same thing (just a bunch of xbm files, no tgas), so I don't know what to keep and what to get rid of in order to have it only affect the armor :(

Thanks, I'll see if I can do anything with that. I also tried using the Old Quality Witcher Armors mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1535/), which I was able to uncook as tga files. However, when I removed all of the tga files for boots, pants and gloves, and then recooked it (or whatever the term is!) with only the armor texture files in there, it didn't do what I wanted it to do. After installing the mod and opening the game, it still reverted the entire wolf set back to the original colors instead of only the armor. I'm not sure how that works or why that would happen. Of course, I don't know anything about modding....the only thing I've done so far was change the patch color on the Temerian Armor retexture mod, and that worked just fine.

rsny;n10767271 said:
Thanks, I'll see if I can do anything with that. I also tried using the Old Quality Witcher Armors mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1535/), which I was able to uncook as tga files. However, when I removed all of the tga files for boots, pants and gloves, and then recooked it (or whatever the term is!) with only the armor texture files in there, it didn't do what I wanted it to do. After installing the mod and opening the game, it still reverted the entire wolf set back to the original colors instead of only the armor. I'm not sure how that works or why that would happen. Of course, I don't know anything about modding....the only thing I've done so far was change the patch color on the Temerian Armor retexture mod, and that worked just fine.

should keep in mind each witcher set as levels, i would just make sure you remove the textures you dont want for all the levels

Oh! I got it working! I think for some reason the program was cooking with everything from the source folder and not only my Modded folder. I removed everything but the stuff in the Modded folder and this time it worked. Thanks for your help!

rsny;n10767311 said:
Oh! I got it working! I think for some reason the program was cooking with everything from the source folder and not only my Modded folder. I removed everything but the stuff in the Modded folder and this time it worked. Thanks for your help!

no worries

Ugh spoke to soon! Now my version of the the armor has this awful yellow undertone. I must have removed something important but I have no idea which file(s) affect that. I wish the original mod author would just release a Wolf armor-only version but they don't seem to be around anymore since it's an older upload.

Top Bottom