Tell Me Your Favorite Quest(s) [Spoilers]

+

Tell Me Your Favorite Quest(s) [Spoilers]

• Total voters
Riven-Twain;n10628411 said:
As for my favourite. . . tough choice. . .
There are many, but I think, over all, I favour the main quest chain from Heart's of Stone, in terms of characters and activities.

It's indeed memorable. For those who may have missed it, here's an interview with the designer behind that particular quest.

HoS had an amazing questline, all hail Gaunter, Olgierd and Iris.

And thank you so much for the interview-link, Twain. Didn't know about this interview, it's amazing.

Guest 3847602

Riven-Twain;n10628551 said:
I enjoyed that impressionistic element especially -- although it can be a bit disorienting.

Yeah, van Rogh Iris was way ahead of her time. :)
Anyway, I always appreciated those situations where the game decide to surprise me and throw me into some bizarre parallel world for a short time. So, I'm really glad they did something similar in BaW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deemonef;n10628541 said:
Probably one of my favourite characters.
Deemonef;n10628541 said:
thank you so much for the interview-link, Twain. Didn't know about this interview, it's amazing.
You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it! I always find it fascinating to learn a bit more about the developers' stories.

If you're interested (and haven't seen it before), check out our forum-exclusive interview from 2016: The Questing Beast: A Q&A with RED Quest Designers Pawel Sasko and Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz

Guest 3847602

Riven-Twain;n10628721 said:
Naturally -- it included the Griggs! Long live the Griggs!

There were already many references to TW1 in BaW by that point in the game, but that one was probably the most unexpected for me. :)

ooodrin;n10628841 said:
There were already many references to TW1 in BaW by that point in the game, but that one was probably the most unexpected for me. :)

To be honest, to see nearly aaaaaaall the monsters from TW1 in B&W made me so damn happy. It was an amazing trip in nostalgia.
And I was about to ask one Grigg in the fairy tail land if he is still in love with Abigail ;)

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it! I always find it fascinating to learn a bit more about the developers' stories.

If you're interested (and haven't seen it before), check out our forum-exclusive interview from 2016: The Questing Beast: A Q&A with RED Quest Designers Pawel Sasko and Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz[/QUOTE]

Thank you again. Have to explore the forum a bit more. Will read it

Last edited:
Coming back for a more thorough ranking of my favorite quests from the game. Combining those quests that feel interdependent and more like a single quest within a quest-line. If I find time on another couple days, I may try to add in thoughts about each of the quests.
  1. The Battle of Kaer Morhen / Blood on the Battlefield
  2. Scenes From a Marriage
  3. Bloody Baron / Family Matters / Ladies of the Wood / The Whispering Hillock / Return to Crookback Bog
  4. The Isle of Mists
  5. Dead Man's Party / A Midnight Clear
  6. The Night of Long Fangs / Blood Simple / Beyond Hill and Dale... / Tesham Mutna
  7. Bald Mountain
  8. No Place Like Home / Va Fail, Elaine
  9. On Thin Ice / Tedd Deireadh, The Final Age / Something Ends, Something Begins
  10. La Cage au Fou
  11. Hunting a Witch / Wandering in the Dark / Magic Lamp
  12. The Last Wish
  13. Count Reuven's Treasure
  14. Payback
  15. The Final Trial
  16. Possession
  17. An Invitation from Keira Metz / A Towerful of Mice / A Favor for a Friend / For the Advancement of Learning
  18. Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg / Stranger in a Strange Land / The Cave of Dreams
  19. Equine Phantoms
  20. The Lord of Undvik
  21. Open Sesame!
  22. Pomp and Strange Circumstance / Be It Ever So Humble...
  23. The Great Escape
  24. Evil's Soft First Touches
  25. Through Time and Space
  26. Carnal Sins
  27. Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted
  28. The Tower Outta Nowheres
  29. The Beast of Toussaint / Blood Run
  30. King's Gambit / Coronation
  31. Contract: The Beast of Honorton / Where the Cat and Wolf Play...
  32. Missing Persons / Nameless
  33. Pyres of Novigrad
  34. The Sunstone
  35. The Man from Cintra
  36. Wild at Heart
  37. High Stakes
  38. In the Heart of the Woods
  39. Whatsoever a Man Soweth...
  40. The Calm Before the Storm
  41. Novigrad Dreaming / Haunted House
  42. A Matter of Life and Death
  43. Lilac and Gooseberries / The Beast of White Orchard / The Incident at White Orchard
  44. The Play's the Thing
  45. Fools' Gold
  46. The Warble of a Smitten Knight
  47. Ghosts of the Past / The Fall of the House of Reardon
  48. Imperial Audience
  49. Following the Thread
  50. A Favor for Radovid / Redania's Most Wanted
  51. Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk
  52. Ciri's Room
  53. Of Dairy and Darkness
  54. Contract: An Elusive Thief
  55. Kaer Morhen
  56. Destination: Skellige / The King is Dead – Long Live the King
  57. Extreme Cosplay
  58. Ciri's Story: Breakneck Speed
  59. On Death's Bed
  60. Contract: Woodland Beast
  61. Echoes of the Past
  62. Master Armorers / Contract: The Griffin from the Highlands
  63. Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite!
  64. Contract: Devil by the Well
  65. An Eye for an Eye
  66. Get Junior / Honor Among Thieves
  67. Little Red
  68. There Can Be Only One
  69. Death By Fire
  70. To Bait a Forktail...
  71. No Place Like Home (Blood and Wine)
  72. Witcher Wannabe
  73. Ciri's Story: Out of the Shadows
  74. Child of the Elder Blood / Skjall's Grave
  75. Contract: Missing Son
  76. A Poet Under Pressure
  77. Wine is Sacred
  78. Twisted Firestarter
  79. The Truth is in the Stars
  80. The Nilfgaardian Connection
  81. Contract: Deadly Delights
  82. Broken Flowers / Fencing Lessons
  83. A Portrait of the Witcher as an Old Man
  84. A Princess in Distress
  85. The Witchers' Forge / Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 4
  86. Of Swords and Dumplings
  87. A Deadly Plot
  88. Blindingly Obvious
  89. Turn and Face the Strange
  90. Last Rites
  91. Bitter Harvest
  92. Out On Your Arse!
  93. Cabaret
  94. Contract: Phantom of the Trade Route
  95. Black Pearl
  96. Practicum in Advanced Alchemy
  97. Forefathers' Eve
  98. Lynch Mob
  99. Contract: Jenny o' the Woods
  100. Collect 'Em All / Gwent: Old Pals / Gwent: Velen Players / Gwent: Big City Players / Gwent: Playing Innkeeps / Gwent: Playing Thaler / Gwent: Skellige Style

Last edited:
Have a RED point for just the sheer time spent compiling it.
It only took about an hour or so.

I think I've posted a list about 4 times. It's funny how my opinion has changed over time. The Battle of Kaer Morhen, Bald Mountain, The Isle of Mists and Family Matters have all remained in the Top 10 throughout though. Of course, a fair portion of the change is the four expansion quests that are now in the Top 10.

Of Dairy and Darkness, Following the Thread, The Calm Before the Storm and A Matter of Life and Death have all fallen a lot over the years.

Last edited:
1. Ladies of the wood
2. Family matters
3. Battle of Kaer Morhen
4 . Lord of the Undvik
5. Bald mountain

No Place Like Home, the base game one. :beer:

I'll mention a few others as well.

Scenes from a Marriage was absolutely terrifying the first time I played it; I still remember being almost too scared to go investigate the backyard, jumping at every unexpected sound and movement...
CDPR are really good at horror game-ish quests (another example is the asylum one in Witcher 2).
Also high on my list, but there can only be one #1.

Battle for Kaer Morhen... I both love and hate that quest. I've played through it so many times by now, but it's always an emotional rollercoaster anyway. I doubt it'll ever lose its magic.

Dead Man's Party is always hilarious, and so is Paperchase. :D

Beyond Hill and Dale... is also one of my favourites, and I always look forward to it when playing through Blood and Wine. I've literally never not done it.

I have other favourites, too, but these are the top ones. Blood & Wine especially has tons of awesome quests; even its treasure hunts are brilliant.

Top Bottom