[SPOILERS] Easter eggs in Blood and Wine

+
I laughed so much when I found Smigole Serkis. :smile:

Pass A38 was great too.

No kidding!

Gotta find the time to play more, like a maniac, like I used to. Only 2-3 hours a week is killing me! Argh... RL... why did you have to be so demanding? =))

Attachments

• MarcimCDPR.png
    MarcimCDPR.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 130
  • TW3 Smigole Serkis.jpg
    TW3 Smigole Serkis.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 229
There is a whale falling from the sky at the end of the fairytale quest (A hitchhiker guide to the galaxy ref, apparently)

There's a really nice nod to Oscar (*deep breath* Fingal O'Flaherty Wills) Wilde during the Portrait of the Witcher as an Old Man (nice James Joyce reference!) where one of the rich nobleman called Fingal declares that "Life imitates art", something Wilde said in his 1889 work 'The Decay of Lying' <3

There is a whale falling from the sky at the end of the fairytale quest (A hitchhiker guide to the galaxy ref, apparently)

LOL. Thank god someone else saw that. For a minute there I thought that I was hallucinating. My family and I were playing that part together, and when we saw the whale, we all did a double take and were like WTF? The first thing I thought of was Hitch Hiker's.

The Witcher 3 BAW Playlist - 4 Non Blondes &amp; Paul Simon

What's Up and El Condor Pasa in Toussaint! LOL

Last edited:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (13).jpg
    Capture d’écran (13).jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Capture d’écran (14).jpg
    Capture d’écran (14).jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Capture d’écran (12).jpg
    Capture d’écran (12).jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 307
Please, delete this post if it already say that.

Jean-LucPickard

And Martin Blacha (dead???) the Boss of Bards, and other members' headstones...ouch!... a graphic way for saying Witcher's CDPR'sTeam is melt in the air.... forever? :(

And L'Hirondelle is Ciri? A Princess of the other side of the Mountains?

Last edited:
And Martin Blacha (dead???) the Boss of Bards, and other members' headstones...ouch!... a graphic way for saying Witcher's CDPR'sTeam is melt in the air.... forever? :(

Yeah so many CDPR team graves everywhere, some of them were so funny.

Basically the whole expansion was a huge easter egg, especially to the previous games (mostly W1) and books. I need to play the game again to write them all down!
Although, I hoped for Reynart's grave easter egg, he was the broest of the bros.

Basically the whole expansion was a huge easter egg, especially to the previous games (mostly W1) and books. I need to play the game again to write them all down!
Although, I hoped for Reynart's grave easter egg, he was the broest of the bros.
There are also many Easter eggs related to pop culture & literature, my favorite being the NPCs singing a spoof of "the book of love" and yennefer reading John Irving ! =)

Also -this probably have been mentioned already but I haven't seen it- Some of the interactions between Regis and Geralt strongly reminded me of a Holmes/Watson dynamic !

Last edited:

Sure,for fun..and they've got it! I've spent several minutes reading every lapidary phrase and and some of them made me burst out laughing. Oh, well, Blacha and his team have been able to make me literally laugh and cry, Love them ;)

Ra'mses Gor-Thon, an elven priest and culinary master in "Spoontaneous Profits!" - Gordon Ramsay.
Liber Ivonis, a banned tome found in the witch's hut in "A Knight's Tales" - H.P. Lovecraft.
Edit: Also, the painter's copy cat mentioned in "A Portrait of the Witcher as an Old Man" is named after Renoir (Pierre-Auguste Moustacherois).

Last edited:
Cant remember if I asked this or not, but can you re-enter the Land of Fables after doing the main quests?

No, but it is possible to leave the land of 1000 fables by exploiting a glitch (obviously, it is recommended to save the game before doing this):
Call the horse while standing right next to the barrier that normally prevents you from leaving the fairytale land, and with some luck - it may require several tries - the horse spawns on the other side of the barrier but you can still mount it and end up on the outside. You can then explore all the normally unreachable areas of the map, and even return to Beauclair (it is quite far away).

No, but it is possible to leave the land of 1000 fables by exploiting a glitch (obviously, it is recommended to save the game before doing this):
Call the horse while standing right next to the barrier that normally prevents you from leaving the fairytale land, and with some luck - it may require several tries - the horse spawns on the other side of the barrier but you can still mount it and end up on the outside. You can then explore all the normally unreachable areas of the map, and even return to Beauclair (it is quite far away).
aaaaand now they are probably going to patch it

I find an "orange" Bear with a red shirt, covered of honey ^^. ( Winnie the Pooh ), just north of Dulcinea Windmills (Don Quichote).

Last edited:
Not sure if mentioned yet but there is a Gladiator easter egg after fighting the giant ghost knight in the south-east section of the map. The ghosts name is Maximus Nonius Macrinus and one of the dead bandits at the estate has a book detailing torturing and killing his wife and son. Before killing Maximus he curses them saying "I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next"

There is a reference to the original game romance cards by one of the prostritute in the whorehouse

Top Bottom