1.31 - Gog Downloader installer error message

+
1.31 - Gog Downloader installer error message

Trying to install the 1.31 hotfix on top of 1.30 (non-Goty). English language version.Downloaded using Gog downloader because life's too short to wait for Galaxy.

Error message "This patch does not support your version of the game please download a new installer"

Anybody else getting this? Or not getting this?

Patching worked for me using patch_witcher3_1.30-1.31_2.0.0.52.exe from Gog.
Gog Galaxy froze twice when tried updating the game through it, not idea why.

Thanks. I'll try downloading using the HTML link instead of the Gog Downloader.

I went into Galaxy, but it claimed the download was over 2GB compared to <300MB at Gog and around 700MB at Steam with all the language packs. I don't have the bandwidth to be prepared to put up with its excessive wastage.

Steam update worked first time.

---------- Updated at 09:17 PM ----------

So. Direct download gave me the same error message.

How big is the Galaxy update for everyone else?

Galaxy update is about the same size, because it also downloads a similar installer this time instead of (patched) game files.

Ok. Thanks for the answer. I guess there's something else wrong, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and use Galaxy overnight.

The Galaxy download is downloading in my case, though it wants to pull a whopping 1.4 GB of data (which is always a pleasure at my connection speed. ;) )

I hope the keybindings aren't reset this time. :p

Galaxy is now for me totally stuck : it tried to dowload the patch 1.31, stayed stuck at 87% of download, I cancelled the download, closed Galaxy, launched the game that now claim to be in 1.31 anyway (is it really the case, who knows ?). And now after relaunching Galaxy it eternally tries to allocate a disk for downloading the patch 1.31, never succeeds and no matter the number of times I closed it, each time it tries to download this bloody patch and stay stuck on 0% !

So for now, Galaxy is not anymore usable. OK...

Edit : I should have written sooner, Galaxy just awaked and finalized the download ! I think it did a repair because it downloaded 1,4 GB : the movies.bundle file that I renamed for not been eternelly ennoyed with the Dandelion'movies during each save game load.

Last edited:
Well, the Galaxy download did fix it.

I still have no idea what was wrong, unless it was somehow getting confused by the fact I also have the Steam version, which had already been patched. Galaxy had told me I was already on 1.31, which I wasn't.

Last edited:
No offense, but may I ask what the actual point is of having Steam and GOG versions installed at the same time? I mean, its fine owning games on both platforms for whatever reason, but why do you have both of them installed? :lol:

For me Galaxy also ran on a later point and verified/fixed all file discrepancies.

No offense, but may I ask what the actual point is of having Steam and GOG versions installed at the same time?

I use one when I'm fighting monsters, the other's for humans :)

(I mainly use the Steam one, but it had problems after 1.30, so I re-installed the Gog one. Helps on troubleshooting. I'll go back to just the Steam one eventually)

Based on some other discussions it seems that to update from 1.22 to 1.30, the game also needs to re-download and re-install the entire Hearts of Stone expansion a second time. I really don't think this is what was intended, so it may behoove people using GOG to download the installation files through their browser rather than going through Galaxy.

That way, you can simply run the installation files locally. If HoS needs to be installed again, just run the same installation .EXE again. Then roll on with the 1.30 / 1.31 updates.

Based on some other discussions it seems that to update from 1.22 to 1.30, the game also needs to re-download and re-install the entire Hearts of Stone expansion a second time. I really don't think this is what was intended, so it may behoove people using GOG to download the installation files through their browser rather than going through Galaxy.

That way, you can simply run the installation files locally. If HoS needs to be installed again, just run the same installation .EXE again. Then roll on with the 1.30 / 1.31 updates.

I redownloaded all 11 installation sets when 1.30 came out, and ran them in the recommended sequence. The game was apparently working at that point, but as 1.31 refused to install, and Galaxy insisted on downloading 2.3GB instead of 300MB, there was clearly something wrong in there somewhere.

Which presumably means that one or more of the 23 installation files required to install the full game was corrupted during the download process. And there's no way of telling which one it was, as the verification process checks the installed version rather than the installation sets.

I asked in another thread about the checksums - I really think it would be useful if these were made available.

Top Bottom