SOLVED [PC Bug] Can't cast Yrden alternate sign?

+
[PC Bug] Can't cast Yrden alternate sign?

I don't know if this is a bug or if I am misunderstanding the skill. Please help. My PC specs are: i5-3470, 4GB RAM, GTX 1050, Windows 7.

I have placed 2 skill points in the 2nd Tier of Yrden sign (Sustained Glyphs). The help box says "9 alternative mode charges". When I hold down Q to cast the alternative nothing happens. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

What I have tried so far:

- Made sure Yrden is equipped
- Turned graphics to Low presettings, Fullscreen (1600x900), Vsync off, and capped to 30 FPS.
- Tried the "Axii Puppet" workaround and changed the Input settings file CastSignHold Idle time to 0.01 (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...q-to-cast-axii-puppet-does-not-work-in-combat)

Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions, tips, or advice?

You need to unlock and equip the alternative mode (Magic Trap) in order to be able to use it. :)

Without it Sustained Glyphs simply extends the duration of standard Yrden.

Yep, that was it. I reset my skill points with the Potion of Clearance and put 3 points in Magic Trap. Now the alternate works! I obviously misunderstood the skill, the "Sustained Glyphs" tip bar reads very much like there is an alternate skill available.

This is my first time playing through the game. I'm loving it so far, I actually think TW3 surpasses Skyrim. Wow what an amazing game. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom