Please!!!!!

+
Please!!!!!

I just got this game and I can't take the vignette effect. It's makes the game look horrible!! Please give us the option to turn it off? If you don't fix this I'm getting rid of the game. I can't take this effect, it's makes the game look ugly. To bad because I really like it.

iCake

Forum veteran
zarchuan41;n9129840 said:
No one else is having this problem?

Hey, everyone on consoles has that vignette. The thing is the absolute majority isn't bothered by it in the slightest. I feel for you personally, but if you care about such things so badly, you'll be better off with a PC, where you can fine tune your graphics experience.

As for a fix... The game's done, no more patches other than better graphics on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

If there going to add things for the pro why not just give us the option to turn vignette off. How can anyone like this effect????? As far as pc goose I stop playing on pc's when I got married and started a family. Something my whole family can use easily.

iCake

Forum veteran
zarchuan41;n9130500 said:
If there going to add things for the pro why not just give us the option to turn vignette off. How can anyone like this effect????? As far as pc goose I stop playing on pc's when I got married and started a family. Something my whole family can use easily.

They apparently didn't think adding a switch for the effect was worth it for what's been like 2 years now, so why do this now? Nothing's going to change on this front. I don't think that people particulary like it, they just don't care or at the very least tolerate it just well. If I were to guess you fall into somewhat around 2% category here, the people who can't stand it.

But as I said, I feel for you here. I'm personally not disturbed by vignette, but I really hate chromatic abberation. Whenever I get to play a game with "permanent" CA, I literally get a strong desire to throttle whoever thought adding this effect without a switch was a good idea. That's one of the reasons I've recently dumped consoles for the most part. I'm also not a big fan of DoF, to put it lightly.

You have your reasons not to play on a PC, fair enough. Let's be honest here though, refusing to play an incredible game just because it has some effect you don't like, hate even is a little bit over the top. A lot over the top to be frank. You consciously choose to play on a platform that offers little to no choice in how you play your games, so you gotta learn to put up with some annoyances. Or you can go ahead and sell your Witcher disk, you don't have to agree with my line of thinking here. :D

Top Bottom