Strange visual issue since patch 1.60 on OneX

+
Strange visual issue since patch 1.60 on OneX

Hello guys,

first of all, thanks for the great one-x-patch. Unfortunately i'm experience a strange and very distracting visual issue since the last patch. Often when i'm in a building or cave and move the camera, there is a thin, bright, inconstant and flickering horizontal line on the very bottom of the screen. The color of the line is mostly white or blue, very bright and distracting. I included a screenshot on this post where you can see it. During "real play" the line is much more obvious than on the screenshot and so this is really distracting during gameplay. An interesting thing is that this line only appears in closed rooms or caves, never in open areas. I tried the following to fix this:

- Reinstalled the game completely
- Plugged another TV on my OneX
- Start a new game to avoid problems with my existing savegames

Nothing of the above helps. If you have problems to reproduce the issue, do the following:

1. Start a new game "Blood and Wine"
2. Fasttravel to "Bridge To Kaer Trolde" and go into the the castle (another area should be fine as long as you go into a building or cave)
3. Switch to "Performance Mode" -> now move the camera a little bit, enable witcher-senses and after that i saw that line again

From now on i often see that thin, bright, horizontal line on the bottom of the screen. It doesn't matter if i switch back to "4k"-mode or reload the game. The line continues appearing. Very, very strange.

Please take a look on that.

Many thanks,
Chris

EDIT: Added another screenshot for better issue-demonstration

Attachments

• photo186761.jpg
    photo186761.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 345
  • photo186841.jpg
    photo186841.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I get this too in the room with yen after starting a new game. I have an hdr tv with 4k mode on. It occurs still when switching to performance. Outside it no longer appears. I haven't gotten any further than that though because I get a grievous save error when continuing to play.

Well, lets's hope CDPR is taking care of this. This bug is really annoying because that bright, flickering thing is killing the immersion for me completely :(

I too am having this same problem on my One X after downloading the new update. Loaded up the game in Kaer Morhen and was in a cave and was getting a line on the bottom of the screen that would flicker white. It was usually around water puddles on the ground. I've been waiting to play my New Game+ in 4K but this bug is pretty distracting. I hear they are working on a fix for the Performance Mode toggle and I'd love to have this issue fixed alongside that. Thank you!

Hello! I play on the Xbox One X with the latest patch and i have the same problem. In buildings and caves the white flicker appears, outside everyhing is ok. It's very annoying.
Please CD Projekt, read this topic and fix this problem!

Thanks!

Sunsibar;n10122552 said:
If this issue is clearly related to the latest patch, it might be worth contacting to Support with this form: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

After submitting the request in the linked formular i'm getting an "unexpected error" on your website. I contacted the support at e-mail "tw3support@cdprojektred.com" a few days ago. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hello! As anyone find a solution to that problem because I’m in the same situation and I can’t find a solution anywhere on the internet. I never had this problem before, and it’s kind of an immersion killer. Thanks!

iUndreamt;n10309912 said:
Hello! As anyone find a solution to that problem because I’m in the same situation and I can’t find a solution anywhere on the internet. I never had this problem before, and it’s kind of an immersion killer. Thanks!

I'm still waiting for a fix too. Unfortunately CDPR didn't even respond to my support-mail at all. At least a response like "Thanks for reporting, we will check." would be nice. Very dissapointing :(

I'm seeing the same thing on X1X. Only happens in interiors.

Edit: ...and apparently CDPR forgot to enable fullscreen on the embedded player.

Last edited:
I just had my TV replaced and am noticing the same issue. I think it is related to HDR. Previously I had my Xbox plugged into a port that didn't support HDR and now I do and I have only just noticed it. Being that it is so distracting and noticeable, I am sure it wasn't happening before.

Rinocerhous;n10700561 said:
I just had my TV replaced and am noticing the same issue. I think it is related to HDR. Previously I had my Xbox plugged into a port that didn't support HDR and now I do and I have only just noticed it. Being that it is so distracting and noticeable, I am sure it wasn't happening before.

This issue is related to the latest patch. I tested it on a non-hdr-tv and the flickering is also present. I got an answer from CDPR to my support-ticket two or three weeks ago and they said that they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. So lets hope that there will be a patch soon.

Top Bottom