White Fang and The Predatory Wyvern

+
White Fang and The Predatory Wyvern

Is it possible to do White Fang and The Predatory Wyvern if Bloodthirsty Vegetation was not completed?Some background which may or may not help...When I was in Act 2, I had a problem with The Sentry quest. I loaded up a savegame in which I had the lightning rod and replayed about 50% of Act 2. Something I noticed, but didn't think anything of, is that the Archspore trophy head was missing. Prior to the rollback, I had done the quest and turned it in to Vincent. I figured since the trophy head was missing that I'd eventually run into another Archspore, get its head, and do the turn-in again. I have since finished Act 2 and am almost finished with Act 3. I have killed several Archspores but no trophy head has dropped for the Bloodthirsty Vegetation quest. So, I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Yes you can do White Fang and Moa but if you didn`t do the Bloodthirsty vegetation you won`t have the option of choosing one of two swords from the Royal Huntsman in act 5 but other than that nothing else changes .

Tommy said:
Yes you can do White Fang and Moa but if you didn`t do the Bloodthirsty vegetation you won`t have the option of choosing one of two swords from the Royal Huntsman in act 5 but other than that nothing else changes .
I want the sword. I did do the Bloodthirsty Vegetation quest. But, it got reset when I rolled back in order to do The Sentry quest. Is the plant actually called Coccacidium? At this point, I don't remember anymore. All I do know is that the Archspore I've killed don't drop the trophy head. Anyway, I found a map of Coccacidium spawn points on the wiki. I'll try those next.When do the White Fang and The Predatory Wyvern quests open up? I've gone several times to the Swamp and tried different times of day. I've never seen Moa (or any royal wyvern) and no wolf pack either. I followed the instructions on the wiki but can't seem to find them.

Both Moa and White Fang are close to the collapsed tower and per my plays can be found anytime . Moa can be found on Wyvern Island and will be accompanied by 4 other wyverns i think , there is a place of power that will come in handy as well .

Tommy said:
Both Moa and White Fang are close to the collapsed tower and per my plays can be found anytime . Moa can be found on Wyvern Island and will be accompanied by 4 other wyverns i think , there is a place of power that will come in handy as well .
Yeah, that's what the wiki stated (except Voref spawns between dusk and dawn only). Unfortunately, Wyvern Island is always desolate for me. Nothing ever spawns there. I've done the walk from the Golem Cemetery to Collapsed Tower to Wyvern Island in circles around the whole area at different times. All I get are lots of Drowners, Drowned Dead, Echinops, Archspore, and a spawn at the fireplace SE of Wyvern Island (near Mage Tower) of Ghouls, Alghouls, and Cemetaurs.I'm starting to wonder if the event is level-based. My Geralt is level 25.

Morgora said:
Morgora said:
I want the sword. I did do the Bloodthirsty Vegetation quest. But, it got reset when I rolled back in order to do The Sentry quest. Is the plant actually called Coccacidium? At this point, I don't remember anymore. All I do know is that the Archspore I've killed don't drop the trophy head. Anyway, I found a map of Coccacidium spawn points on the wiki. I'll try those next.When do the White Fang and The Predatory Wyvern quests open up? I've gone several times to the Swamp and tried different times of day. I've never seen Moa (or any royal wyvern) and no wolf pack either. I followed the instructions on the wiki but can't seem to find them.
Yeah, the Coccacidium is unique. For me, it usually spawns a short walk north of the clay pits (on the path toward the Melitele shrine).No wyverns? That sounds like a bug. You should be able to see them, looking northwest from the fireplace near the ruined tower (with the two corpses and the necrophages).

Morgora said:
Morgora said:
Yeah, that's what the wiki stated (except Voref spawns between dusk and dawn only). Unfortunately, Wyvern Island is always desolate for me. Nothing ever spawns there. I've done the walk from the Golem Cemetery to Collapsed Tower to Wyvern Island in circles around the whole area at different times. All I get are lots of Drowners, Drowned Dead, Echinops, Archspore, and a spawn at the fireplace SE of Wyvern Island (near Mage Tower) of Ghouls, Alghouls, and Cemetaurs.I'm starting to wonder if the event is level-based. My Geralt is level 25.
It's not a level thing. The wyverns should always be on the island that you can see from the shore near the fireplace (same place that has the "Messenger's Corpse" with the sword Harvall). Voref (for "White Fang") should appear not far from that fireplace, too.

GuyN039wah said:
Yeah, the Coccacidium is unique. For me, it usually spawns a short walk north of the clay pits (on the path toward the Melitele shrine).No wyverns? That sounds like a bug. You should be able to see them, looking northwest from the fireplace near the ruined tower (with the two corpses and the necrophages).
The Coccacidium has never spawned near the Shrine of Melitele (after the rollback). That is where I killed it the first time (before the rollback). Anyway, since Act 3 started, there have been no wyverns on Wyvern Island. They were there in Act 2 though.I'll try the Clay Pits in Act 4. After spending 3 days (in real life) trying to figure this out, I gave up. I'm doing The Unforgiven now.

After act 3, you won't be able to go back to the swamp. Triss will warn you about this, telling you to finish any business you have in Vizima: she means the Trade Quarter, Temple Quarter, Vizima Cemetery, and Swamp.

GuyN039wah said:
After act 3, you won't be able to go back to the swamp. Triss will warn you about this, telling you to finish any business you have in Vizima: she means the Trade Quarter, Temple Quarter, Vizima Cemetery, and Swamp.
Oh well. I figured it might have been connected like Act 2 and 3 were. I've already started Act 4.

Top Bottom