Cannot find city guard officer for Lock and Key

+

isalan

Forum regular
Cannot find city guard officer for Lock and Key

I keep asking every city guard officer I encounter but I cannot find/activate the city guard officer who will help me. And what is the password? thank you for your help.

You get conversations with them right? It will be the third City Guard that will be the right one. (all can be found in the Trade Quarter)

The password is
The lily has yet to be engulfed by fire.
. Don't worry about remembering it; it will be your first dialogue choice. (If it isn't, you didn't actually get the quest yet.)Speak to guards labeled "Guard Officer"; other guards in armor are not part of this quest. And Johan's right:
it is always the third Guard Officer you speak to

isalan

Forum regular
Guys, I have talked to every guard officer in the Trade Quarter multiple times and I only get three selectiions: 1) What was that about martial law? 2) Uh, I'm looking for... and 3) Godspeed. I'm begoinning to think I have a bug that will prevent me from finishing this game!

isalan said:
Guys, I have talked to every guard officer in the Trade Quarter multiple times and I only get three selectiions: 1) What was that about martial law? 2) Uh, I'm looking for... and 3) Godspeed. I'm begoinning to think I have a bug that will prevent me from finishing this game!
If that is what you are getting, you do not have the quest yet.Before claiming there is a bug:Make sure you have finished "Following the Thread" and "Diplomacy and Hunting".Talk to Leeuvarden, leave, return, and talk to Leeuvarden again. You must talk to Leeuvarden twice, once to turn over the items you got on the prerequisite quests, and again to get the information about the Salamandra hideout and the password.Since you don't have the password, one of those steps has not been completed.

Yes it seems that you missed a step. Actually this certain guard is then triggered when you get the instruction from Leuvaarden.What's the current phase in your questlog (journal)?If you can't get it solved you can check it with the Lock + Key phases. but... [moderator]Warning![/moderator] This link contains all phases of the quest and will definitely spoil your own investigation.

Top Bottom