FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea saying you guys went with FP view for immersion doesn’t make sense at all. Very subjective. For whose immersion? Yours or ours? As others have said I don’t wanna be inside my character. Direct control of my character adds to my immersion and makes me feel I’m IN the world. It’d be great to take into account each and every fan’s view of this and not just half. Why not appeal to your old and new fans? No real argument can justify why this is.
Enironmental storytelling is at a much smaller scale (phones, screens etc.) instead of large scale (buildings, bodies, bloodsplats etc.) in the Witcher. You have to be up close to see the environment they want you to see. It's also a shooter, you're no longer swinging around a sword, you have to aim. Of course that's possible in a TPP game, but not in small spaces. Look at a game like the division, tell me of a single fire fight in that game where you're in a cramped space. TPP is simply not suitable.

If CDPR decides to stick with their stance on FPP, I'll respect that. Staying true to what you believe in. However, I personally would prefer of having the option of both FPP and TPP. I envisioned playing this in TPP and only going into FPP when I need to like I have with Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim.

Sadly, if it's only FPP, I'll pass on this game. Just consider it a second thought at the least.
Gameplay will define everything, if there's a chance try the beta.

If CDP is listening to the players wishes, this thread could change their opinion.

I´d like to play in 3rd-Person, too.
I love to see my char in action.

There are also people with other "disabilities" that won't be able to play this game. Should the game be made for everyone? Well, sorry but no. It's impossible. Someone will always be unhappy. You can't play it? I feel sorry for you, but you are at the very same spot as the guy without arms. The fact you're unlucky doesn't mean that people who like FPP should play TPP because of you.

And TPP vs FPP means two different combat settings. It's pretty much two different game. At this stage of development it's most likely impossible.

Yay!
and thats what I will do, I will not buy this game if I cant play it no matter how amazing this game will be and I know it will be amazing

Also something to look at: A very popular YouTube and one of your biggest supporters for year-
Enironmental storytelling is at a much smaller scale (phones, screens etc.) instead of large scale (buildings, bodies, bloodsplats etc.) in the Witcher. You have to be up close to see the environment they want you to see. It's also a shooter, you're no longer swinging around a sword, you have to aim. Of course that's possible in a TPP game, but not in small spaces. Look at a game like the division, tell me of a single fire fight in that game where you're in a cramped space. TPP is simply not suitable.
Its not suitable for you.

In hopes that Cyberpunk can achieve Metro levels of immersion, where UI elements are physical game elements, I really hope they stick to FPP because all that cool stuff becomes irrelevant to develop once you can switch to TPP.

FPP and voice acting can still immerse you in a character pretty damn well.

At least that's what the voices in my head are telling me.
I know I'm not saying that it can't still be immersive with a voiced protag. It's CDPR wants is the player to have most immersive as possible and experience then non voiced would be the way to go. If your protag doesn't have a voice ot allows for the devs tp add more interesting and personal dialogue options which would lead to even more great content. For example Fallout New Vegas has more variety in dialogue then the Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 have. It also allows for the player to better carve out a clear personality for their character. Personally I prefer a voiced protag but I enjoy to play Devils advocate.
Sorry for the typos on mobile.

Wow, there's a ton lot of posts in this thread. I couldn't even imagine a camera perspective might blow things up like that. I'll probably wouldn't be the first, based on the sheer amount of users here, to say I don't really care about camera perspective that much. This is simply because I've played many games that are either TP or FP or in some cases both and rarely did any of them bother me with camera placement. Both persepectives can be made to feel great as far as I'm concerned if things are done right, regarding angles, view obstructions and such.

That said what did bother me way more is the FOV (field of view) regardless of camera perspective, although I must admit TP sometimes feels way less sickening with the same FOV as FP. In short I only care about the FOV in Cyberpunk, if FOV is broad enough and assuming it's a next-gen title it probably will be, there's no real reason to battling perspectives here, pun intended.
I don't think it's the fact that it's a FPP. I think it really took off and when a rep said that the game will be more immersive as a FPS that's totally subjective though. So it kinda rubbed people the wrong way
Wow, there's a ton lot of posts in this thread. I couldn't even imagine a camera perspective might blow things up like that. I'll probably wouldn't be the first, based on the sheer amount of users here, to say I don't really care about camera perspective that much. This is simply because I've played many games that are either TP or FP or in some cases both and rarely did any of them bother me with camera placement. Both persepectives can be made to feel great as far as I'm concerned if things are done right, regarding angles, view obstructions and such.

That said what did bother me way more is the FOV (field of view) regardless of camera perspective, although I must admit TP sometimes feels way less sickening with the same FOV as FP. In short I only care about the FOV in Cyberpunk, if FOV is broad enough and assuming it's a next-gen title it probably will be, there's no real reason to battling perspectives here, pun intended.
Well I was here like right when the thread started and I can tell ya at first it was a normal thread of people talking about their wants ,but then a rep came and made a statement saying that the choice for FPP was because it is more immersive. I think you can agree that's subjective. After that it kinda blew up with reasons why FPP was or wasn't immersive for them. Then personal battles started to happen after that mods showed up started giving out bans and erasing comments lol

Hio I am relatively new to the forum , Iwould like to ask :
Do developers have a tendency here to listen to fans?Couse seems the majority wants a third person , a big portion of people like me suffer from Motion sickness in first person and also a lot of people don't care or would like both options , so Will Devs care for what fans are asking?

Do developers have a tendency here to listen to fans?Couse seems the majority wants a third person , a big portion of people like me suffer from Motion sickness in first person and also a lot of people don't care or would like both options , so Will Devs care for what fans are asking?
It depends. You’d think that that’s what the forums are for. Hopefully they do and realize that EVERYONE being pleased no matter the compromise would equal a better outcome for them.

From experience over the years I'd say it's a mixed bag. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Depends how reasonable and achievable a request is. On average I'd say they strive to keep most people happy while sticking to their vision. The biggest change I've seen them do was redoing one of the romance options' dialogues in W3 due to popular opinion that she was "under represented".

So who knows. People should carry on presenting their points and defending them and we'll see what happens.

You got it wrong. Majority doesn't want TPP. Pools like this have no true meaning or value. 236 people voted for TPP? So?

Big portion. How big? You have actual statistics on that?

Right, I'm not trying to tell a very talented group of game Devs: who have probably thought, discussed, planned and exhausted all avenues in relation to how best to implement TP. But as someone who loathes FPP, I'm disappointed there isn't at least the option.
Some of the arguments in favour for only FPP is because of the vision Implants the player would get and how that would be weird in TP. But I honestly think the option for a witcher 3 senses type implementation would have sufficed.

It depends. You’d think that that’s what the forums are for. Hopefully they do and realize that EVERYONE being pleased no matter the compromise would equal a better outcome for them.

I wonder when people will realise that it is too late to just add TPP...

Also, making EVERYONE happy is impossible, because if you do TPP+FPP people like me will be unhappy.

There are also people with other "disabilities" that won't be able to play this game. Should the game be made for everyone? Well, sorry but no. It's impossible. Someone will always be unhappy. You can't play it? I feel sorry for you, but you are at the very same spot as the guy without arms. The fact you're unlucky doesn't mean that people who like FPP should play TPP because of you.

And TPP vs FPP means two different combat settings. It's pretty much two different game. At this stage of development it's most likely impossible.

Yay!
No ones forcing you to play from any perspective...don’t you think your argument backfired?? Don’t force other players to just play in FPP because of you. We just want a toggle. Respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom