FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The nerves that ppl will play regardless...

Peter Gelencser, .. lead level designer on Cyberpunk 2077..
"First and foremost, I really enjoy all the attention the subject is getting, because it's important. This has been an educated decision. The first-person point of view is there so you can see things happening up close, and so you can really interact with things in a visceral manner. with the game world." ...

I won't because it would require getting/playing it which was planned at release and changed to not at all.

Also I fail to see whats enjoyable in causing such widespread disappointment.

*sigh*

I think we all know this poll isn't that representative for all gamers nor do I personally believe all the 17% who said they get physical discomfort from first person perspective actually do get that.

Looking at other forums, Reddit and Twitter it seems rather clear most people want FPP or believe CDPR knows what they're doing.

Also suddenly 17% of all gamers are supposed to be allergic to FPP? How likely is that? There have been FPP games in the past, some of they with RPG elements and now all of a sudden almost one in five can't physically play FPP games? Give it a second after the Gameplay trailer is released and most doubt will evaporate, any still in doubt will most likely be proven wrong when the game is actually released.
All those fpp games have been very clear from the first announcement that they are fpp. So motion-sick people knew right away they cannot play it. So they never got hyped about those games and ignored them.

CDPR was vague for years and let people interpret 'mixed fpp/tpp' as they will. And now they reap the results of being so secretive and vague.

They could say they plan to branch out in fpp the moment they showed teaser. They could say it in 2015, when _presumably_ tpp gameplay option was scrapped in favor of fpp-only. Ot even they could tell it right before E3 trailer which sent people into hype overdrive.

But no, they did not say anything concrete and we learned about fpp-only from freaking journalists.

You know that tpp games are the solace of motion-sick people? You know that last three CDPR games were tpp? Why people would expect fpp-only game from them? It woul be like expecting visual novel from CoD makers.

And for years CDPR did nothing to make sure ppl know that they are making fpp-mostly game.

This lack of if communication is more of a problem than fpp itself.

Those 17% did not 'suddenly' appear. They were always in cdpr camp, because their three previous games were all tpp.

We get loud now mostly because of how the news wad delivered.

Would there be similar threads back in 2013/2015? Sure. Would they get as big as now? Doubtfully. A lot if people would just shrug and move on.

But CDPR acted on 'technicality' instead of being honest from the start.

Feels like they wanted MAXIMUM HYPE, but knew that many people - including popular ones - love tpp and probably would not make hype videos about fpp. So they let people believe and assume whatever instead of being 100% clear that tpp is reserved solely for cars and cutscenes.

This kind of behaviour is expected of EA and likes, but not from 'champions of the gamers' that CDPR were.

GUYS GUYS
Call me an idiot, but I just realized that given access to their source code, it MIGHT be possible to mod the game to include TPP!
Reasons:
1. You can see your character in the car and in 'seamless transition' cutscenes... meaning that his/her body is already rendered or ready for rendering in free-roam gameplay
2. I'm taking for granted that you can see your character's shadow. That means that your body's mesh framework has already been rendered!
3. There are no load times when entering cars... meaning that the only values in the code changed were:
a) Camera distance
b) Point of view (TPP or FPP)

Time to start asking them what language they use for this and if modding support will be included....

Of course, we will have to cut back in to FPP during conversations if CDPR did not include facial animations during those scenes in anticipation of it being FPP at that moment. Don't want to spoil THAT part of the game!

We will need to patch in a key that will turn the FPP flag on and off. Have to see how they implemented the camera change when the users enter the car. Can use that to trigger full rendering of character's textures and clothes right from the beginning if it has not already been triggered.

And see the awkward animations built for FPP? Yiesh. Skyrim and Fallout were already pretty painful to watch.
https://funnyjunk.com/Crysis+2+in+third+person/funny-gifs/5220584/

But for exploration purposes, sure. I'm all for it.

Bro/Sis, don't sweat it.
Ask them to give us modding source code
And we can mod it
Line by line of code

Maybe, maybe not. Would be grand I guess. Right now I try to force years of hype and anticipation out of my system which lead to my strong disappointed reaction the first place. When I learned to not care for CP anymore I might be more objectively watch such progress from a distance.

I have played the Witcher 3 full almost 4 times. And I have been waiting for the Cyberpunk for so many years. Was so hyped, yet this option of First person has utterly disappointed me. I can't play FP games (motion sickness). Add third person option please :(

I think there should be two options...Kinda like Elderscrolls games, or at least a TP exploration option. But I believe the game would be better in FP because of how dense night city must be. You probably can't explore or attack as well in TP. The Witcher 3 is different since its settings take place mostly in nature, and open fields and terrain. Night City on the other hand probably consists of lots of apartments, alleys, tight spaces...etc.

FPS ( first person shooter ) in the perfect way to full immerse you into virtual world, you are there, you are the character, you are not the cam, like in TPS. I consider FPS like First Person of View.

I like the idea of CDPR to view the character in third person when cutscene start. Plus, not is bad, if CDPR consider the third person on coverage.

For example, for me, the maxmum result it's have in the same title, the following point of view :

1) Forst Person to explore the city street, building interior, train or another kind of interior and shooting combact and melee combact.

2) Third Person to drive vehicles or aircraft in some situation, see the character from cutscene, use tp on coverage, and in fighting group\team of enemy in melee combact.

3) Fly View from character impliant or from haking cam or drone for strike planning\strategy.

Those who legitimately have trouble playing first person perspective games because of motion sickness, I empathize. For your sake, I hope some kind of 3rd person view option is at some point feasible.

Other than that....holy cow, people, get a grip. It is absolutely nonsensical to demand third person because the Witcher was. The games are entirely different animals. Have the teensiest bit of faith that CD Projekt Red is making the best possible choice for the type of game they want to make. First person makes far more sense in a game in which there is gunplay, for one thing. It makes far more sense in a game in which there are optical cybernetics. It makes sense on many levels. It's almost like you've never played another game before the Witcher. Let go of your (in most cases) incredibly short-sighted and petty demands and TRUST THEM.

I don't want third person. For the sort of game this is, third person does not make nearly as much sense. We have already waited 6+ years for this game and the entire gameplay experience is built around 1st person. Guess what: this is the game of my dreams too. Gamers too often think a) they know the best way to do everything, and b) only what they know can possibly be good. Then they make demands, stomping their feet and threatening to not buy the game unless they get their petulant demands met. It's sad in the best of cases, but with this, with THIS company and this game, it's beyond pathetic and it makes me incredibly frustrated. Again, I hope that somewhere down the road those who genuinely have physical reasons they can't play first person games get a different option.

The driving issue is what makes me think it's something within the conversation options that is the issue. Driving wouldn't use the same conversation interface; you'd crash the car if it did.
So let them force fpp in conversations, but allow people to explore in tpp. I do not see how walking around i tpp could possibly affect scripted dialogue sequences.

I play both TES and Fallout in tpp exclusively and I would take awkward animations over not having tpp option at all.

Well I'm not having that. It's just simply putting the bar lower. And I bet CDPR won't be having that as well as they excel at animations.

We've gotten so used to these perspective switcharoos in these types of games we forget that CDPR has an actual purpose for the FPP.

@10:40. Here's the purpose

Well I'm not having that. It's just simply putting the bar lower. And I bet CDPR won't be having that as well as they excel at animations.
I do not see how other people playstyle affects yours? Nothing stops you from being in fpp all the time. Were TES and Fallout games less enjoyable for you just because someone else who is not you played it differently?

@10:40. Here's the purpose

And what point in it for me if I physically cannot handle neither fpp?

Putting honey into poison does not make it less poisonous.

Next you'll be telling me that Mass Effect 3 ending was good just beause Bioware thought it was integral to their games, or EA was in the right about putting p2w in Battlefront just because this was their initial vision?

I do not see how other people playstyle affects yours? Nothing stops you from being in fpp all the time. Were TES and Fallout games less enjoyable for you just because someone else who is not you played it differently?

I play TES and Fallout in both perspectives depending on the environment and how close I want to look at stuff. But Bethesda's standard for TPP animations is just not great because they're games were 1st and foremost made for FPP. It's not about playstyle. It's the developer's standard, vision and purpose. Bethesda just wants to cater the biggest crowd while CDPR said in a few years back that CP is not for everybody.

Last edited:
Next you'll be telling me that Mass Effect 3 ending was good just beause Bioware thought it was integral to their games, or EA was in the right about putting p2w in Battlefront just because this was their initial vision?

Yea bring up the trusted developers who loves their audience and knows the reasons behind they're decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom