The driving

+
As long as it's better than driv... I mean riding roach, I'm game. Riding roach on forked paths and through gated establishments was honestly the most frustrating thing in TW3. Roach had a mind of its own and would not give in to your KB/M or Controller inputs. Geez...

Driving is still a lot of fun, but fast traveling is also important for long distant move.
as for driving system, Need for Speed series is always my favorite.

As long as it's better than driv... I mean riding roach, I'm game. Riding roach on forked paths and through gated establishments was honestly the most frustrating thing in TW3. Roach had a mind of its own and would not give in to your KB/M or Controller inputs. Geez...
In the case of Roach this, while annoying, didn't bother me to much.
After all, horses do actually have a mind of their own.

I don't need the driving to be any better than a GTA or Arkham Knight. It's mostly point A to point B traversal for when a place is too far for fancy wall running. And even in those cases I'd rather fast travel...so I can't say driving is a priority. Not for me at least.

I don't mind if the driving is a bit more on the simple side. There are other games out there with more complex driving mechanics, but in a game like this we have too many other skills to master to be good at the game. I don't think adding complex driving systems are really needed, it is enough of an issue to fight while in a vehicle with simpler systems, let alone trying to manage that with trying to shift gears and keeping your RPMs high enough that the car doesn't stall, mix that with trying to steer or yelling at your game because the NPC is steering without any input from you and going the wrong direction. One of my favorite driving systems probably is Saint's Row 3 and 4, but they are probably too arcady for the feel of this game.

I had hoped there'd be skills determining how the driving goes. How how steady at what speeds the steering is, how cornering works etc. That's really all of my opinions on driving. But I don't think that's happening, so what ever.

I had hoped there'd be skills determining how the driving goes. How how steady at what speeds the steering is, how cornering works etc. That's really all of my opinions on driving. But I don't think that's happening, so what ever.
Why wouldn't it happen? Skills are in the game. Hell, even GTA had a driving skill, which had a fairly decent impact on your ability to handle the vehicles.

even GTA had a driving skill, which had a fairly decent impact on your ability to handle the vehicles.

I don't remember the skill doing jack. Unless you mean San Andreas, but that was 14 years ago (and even there the only impacting effect to my recollection was on motorcycles since you got knocked off the bike far more easily with low skill).

I mean gamechanging effects. I'm quite sure you can drive like a pro from the get go.

I don't remember the skill doing jack. Unless you mean San Andreas, but that was 14 years ago (and even there the only impacting effect to my recollection was on motorcycles since you got knocked off the bike far more easily with low skill).

I mean gamechanging effects. I'm quite sure you can drive like a pro from the get go.

The skill mostly helped you turn corners, and overall just gave you more control of the vehicle. I'm referring to GTA 5 specifically. Most of the skills sucked, but driving was one of the most noticeable to me.

I'm referring to GTA 5 specifically. Most of the skills sucked, but driving was one of the most noticeable to me.

I didn't notice even the effect it was described to have.

Anyway, if the skills are to be like GTA V (and not something that'd actually affect gameplay), better to not have them at all and just design some race driver mechanics.

Same goes for all skills and stats... If they are to do but barely noticeable things (to not interfere with the players control), just throw them away and create your world simulation the best you can and be happy with it. There's nothing more sad than an RPG with ineffective character systems like that.

I didn't notice even the effect it was described to have.

Anyway, if the skills are to be like GTA V (and not something that'd actually affect gameplay), better to not have them at all and just design some race driver mechanics.

Same goes for all skills and stats... If they are to do but barely noticeable things (to not interfere with the players control), just throw them away and create your world simulation the best you can and be happy with it. There's nothing more sad than an RPG with ineffective character systems like that.
I'm not saying the skill systems will work like GTA V. I was just saying GTA V had it so it's not totally unreasonable for a game that has skills and is an RPG to also have a driving stat, with more depth.

There's a skill for cars, etc... in Cyberpunk 2020, so it may be present in CP77 in some form.

Maybe in 2077, people will driving without using there hands.
So it might be logical to design a self-driving sys

I personally would settle for public transportation, in game. Taxi, bus, subway. And only driving , if it was necessary , OR, Quest related as in riding from point A too B with an NPC or companion driving. I'd rather have more attention too plots, quests , and campaign.

I personally would settle for public transportation, in game. Taxi, bus, subway. And only driving , if it was necessary , OR, Quest related as in riding from point A too B with an NPC or companion driving. I'd rather have more attention too plots, quests , and campaign.
Snob. What's wrong with walking?

Top Bottom