random crashs to desktop

+
random crashs to desktop

hi guys,
i have random crashs to desktop all over the time.
i play the EE edition from gog games
my pc setup is a intel core i5 3550 with 3.7ghz
8 gig ddr3 ram 1300
gtx460 with driver version 301.42
the settings are attached

have you some ideas what could be the problem?

Random CTDs are usually hardware or driver problems. Just because your hardware is the latest and greatest does not mean it is in good enough working order to run this game. This game will find faults that purpose-built benchmark and testing software won't find :(

I'd first roll back the nVidia driver, all the way to 275.

Nexrar said:
hi guys,
i have random crashs to desktop all over the time.have you same ideas what could be the problem?
Soluto -> reboot -> soluto starts -> start game, game crash -> soluto -> crashes -> witcher2 -> advanced -> info ....copy info... www.pastebin.com -> new paste -> post link here

maybe it needs several crashes to catch them ;(

soluto diidnt do anything.
but after i did sam config work with ram an gpu it works good.
i think problem solved

Nexrar said:
soluto diidnt do anything.
but after i did sam config work with ram an gpu it works good.
i think problem solved

Could you post exactly what you did to fix the problem please? I'm having the same problem.

TrimHopp said:
Could you post exactly what you did to fix the problem please? I'm having the same problem.

yeah i have this problem.

i buy 4 gb ram more(6 gb ram in computer) and reinstall the system amd game and this problem continue.

ati 5770 vapor x
Amd phenom x4 955
windows 7 64 bits.

the game crash in 10-15 minutes.

only crash in the desktop but no appear log of errors.

TrimHopp said:
get Speccy copy/paste the Summary screen
mycomputer>manage>eventviewer>application>search for the witcher2 crash> paste here
or
Soluto -> reboot -> soluto starts -> start game, game crash -> soluto -> crashes -> witcher2 -> advanced -> info ....copy info... www.pastebin.com -> new paste -> post link here

I currently Use the 4gb patch and have not had a CTD, Below is a link to where one can get the patch.

www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

That patch is unnecessary for this game, which is already capable of addressing 4GB. It is dangerous for applications which are not capable of addressing 4GB. Please do not recommend it.

Top Bottom