And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant the ability to reliably play the entire 25 card deck for every deck isn't necessarily a good idea. Better designed and/or slightly more tutor/thin cards is a different matter.
If every deck can consistently play all cards, then every game will almost play the same.

Looks like you were correct, Restless. That makes sense.

The latter part of your statement is what I find most desirable - and what I advocate for.

NOTE: My laptop's battery is dying. I'll post a longer reply later.

Get a charger you uncivilized monster.

[...] you have to understand very few player share this opinion of yours. [...] If every deck can consistently play all cards, then every game will almost play the same. [..]

As the matter of fact, i do understand, but it's still worth a try right :D.

Ok, 0 is a bit too much, how about 1.:LOL:

[..] Mind sharing your Gwent active player numbers? I don't mean numbers extrapolated from streams, forum posts or high profile streamer ragequit videos either.

Man! why so serious, we just chit chat in here, tbh if i have the numbers i would posted already, people leaving-statement everywhere here, on reddit..., don't you feel weird of how long you wait for a match now vs back then.

P/s: Don't take me too seriously

I've spent a ton of time playing the game, watching streams and videos, etc. Up until now I've tried to just shut up and enjoy the game. It is free ( for the most part ) after all. Honestly though, if they don't fix some stuff with the patch and start actually communicating with the community at least a little bit, I'm out. Too many other games out there I could be wasting my time on.

Whoa Nelly! Guys plz, before we take this any further, please let's not say stuff like no one wants tutors.

No one wanted unit-vomiting decks like NG mill maybe (except the people playing it obvs), or mechanisms that allowed you to play viper witchers like 6 times, or set up your Dimun Light Ships and Greatswords side by side a thousand times despite how many times they got locked or killed.

Yes, that I understand. But from that to not wanting tutors is a pretty long shot. I think on the contrary, EVERYONE wants tutors to some degree, mostly for three reasons which I can identify (there might be others of course):

- Control over your game; with tutors, you get more control over playing key units that you want vs. being subject to the capricious moods of your draw - how many times was I unable to get my Wardancers on the board because of crap draws? Even stuff like Marching Orders became super unreliable because every unit is like 2-3-4 points so good luck building a deck where your lowest unit is exactly the one you want to draw.
- Thinning your deck; ok, I understand it sucks if people get to thin their deck to nothing and turn every game into the same scripted thing, but some thinning is required nonetheless. If there's no way for you to reliably pull at least some of your golds, some of your endgame plays, *something* that's gonna give you a boost as the battle draws to a close, it becomes really frustrating. I've had games where R3 was basically me with a hand full of weak bronzes trying to do something about my opponent putting way more points on the board. And that is after a long R1. Imagine if you don't play R1 all through.
- FUN!!! Lest we forget, this is a game and it's supposed to be fun. Combos are inherently fun, there is just no denying it. Even if it's not overwhelming in terms of points, it's a jolly good feeling to play one card, which draws another card, which draws another card which then has some sort of effect (like boosting the other two) - again, it doesn't have to annihilate your opponent, but even if it's for measly point, the combo itself is fun. Spella'tael was super fun with Mahakam Ale, because you could play an Elven Mercenary into Reconaissance into Elven Mercenary on another row into Reconaissance into Elven Mercenary on another row (3 rows FTW!) into Mahakam Ale!! It was basically a 1+1+1+4+4+4 = 15 point move, plus a few points on your Dol Blathanna sentries, but how COOL is it to pull off a 6 card combo that also boosts something? Even if I lost, I couldn't get enough of stuff like that.

I think this game needs tutors BADLY, not of the obnoxious kind nor in the obnoxious proportions of the times of exaggeration, but at least SOMETHING to spice up this RNG fiesta punctuated by playing 3 point cards one after the other.

Man! why so serious, we just chit chat in here, tbh if i have the numbers i would posted already, people leaving-statement everywhere here, on reddit..., don't you feel weird of how long you wait for a match now vs back then.

P/s: Don't take me too seriously

Yeah yeah... It's all good.

I've never put much stock in Reddit. It's... Reddit.... I don't put much stock in stream counts either. Plenty of good games aren't a huge lure for streaming. As bad as it may seem for streamers to quit Gwent life goes on...

To answer your question I haven't had terrible wait times between games in HC. Of course, I haven't played in a little under a week because my motherboard died. Or the processor... Not sure which. Finding out would be a huge pain so a new one of each is on the way :).

rrc

Forum veteran
At this point, all one has to do is, to scroll down the big posts and see who all have liked that post. If it is a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, and l, it just means it a post full of negativity like "I uninstalled it.. it is not consistent.. cdpr suck.. etc. BS". It is liked my x, y, z then it tries to politely explain that HC is still very much Gwent in a new UI with changed cards and abilities. etc. No need anymore to read any posts. All has been said and repeated a hundred times. Both side of the arguments. Mods can even close this stupid thread. People who said they have uninstalled a month back still spamming this thread doesn't make any sense. If you guys have uninstalled it, it is well and good. [Nope.]

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
To answer your question I haven't had terrible wait times between games in HC. Of course, I haven't played in a little under a week because my motherboard died. Or the processor... [...].
About this, don't know why everytime i played Gwent (both Old Gwent and HC) for several hours my PC is so Hot, like hell level of hot, but that's not happen when i play other card game (like MTG-A, TES-Legend, Faeria, Krosmaga...)

[...] Mods can even close this stupid thread. [...]
Close 1 and many will rise, hater gonna hate...

[...] People who said they have uninstalled a month back still spamming this thread [...]
No rule against that,

[...] doesn't make any sense [...]

As for you maybe, as for them killing spare time is good enough and maybe to bother you. The more people response to those post, the more fun they have (they made you to waste your time reading and response those nonsense the post). Best way to deal with this is IGNORE it, they will get bored and maybe stop.

As I sometime just post something i read somewhere and see how other react, some may over-react. kinda fun don't you think?!

Last edited:
went another 6 rounds losing to bronze faction cards that destroy any card I played. I'm trying to set plays while others use cheap cards or "tactics" that eliminate my low HP cards. Definitely not fun any more.

Yesterday evening (Sunday) it was hard to find Gwent on Twitch. Finally I found 6 "noname" streamers with total of 83 viewers and 32 viewers on top stream. All other main Gwent streamers were streaming different games. Today (Monday) only Trynet123 is streaming with 297 viewers. #FeelsSadMan

Since september with the whole Homecoming fiasco CDPR stocks are falling down on the market. For Devs that could be a real problem to solve, much bigger then some online updates of a card game.

Homecoming completely revamped Gwent, but because of the lack of tutors, players have left, ignoring pretty much every other change, some even bigger. Sounds a bit odd, no? You personally really like tutors and that's okay. However, you have to understand very few player share this opinion of yours.

If every deck can consistently play all cards, then every game will almost play the same.

The problem with decks being more inconsistent I see is: the consistenscy of decks was, for me and for a lot of other people, the main difference Gwent had to other card games. Take that away and then there is no more reason to play Gwent over something like Magic or Hearthstone, it simply is a worse game in almost every aspect (basically it has better visuals and is more f2p, thats it)

Perhaps we could come together and create a small, concise SOS message for the devs from this very community? Perhaps everyone could submit a top 3 ideas and the most common 5 or 6 we make clear and send as an official email from here?

Just an idea, it's always hard to get everyone together. For what it's worth, my top 3 would be:

1. Bring 3 rows back, but keep the "meaning" (Gwent Beta was a bit pointless in this regard, and I like the rows to have some meaning as it's reiniscent of basic Witcher 3 Gwent).
2. Change the board from a battlefield to a tavern table and remove the 3D leaders.
3. Increase absolutely EVERY units strength by 3 with no impact on provisioning. That way all the low damage bronzes won't actually wipe things out, you'll always get an additional turn to develop a strategy. That helps with the Sihil card too, as it would need a good bit of setup to get it working, plenty of time to counter. I'd add a an addendum to say that Artifacts can't do anything unless there's a unit on the board, probably even an adjacent unit.

Warning: Infos below about TUTOR card and for Tutor fan only, you may skip my post or read it as your own risk.

P/s: In case The anti-Tutor keep reading: Please, save yourself some time, Stop right here you still have time.
Still reading, ok so please don't quote my post about Tutor stuff if you're not with me, I've read enough.

The problem with decks being more inconsistent I see is: the consistenscy of decks was, for me and for a lot of other people, the main difference Gwent had to other card games. Take that away and then there is no more reason to play Gwent over something like Magic or Hearthstone, it simply is a worse game in almost every aspect (basically it has better visuals and is more f2p, thats it)

Tutor fan need more player like you. For the sake of TUTOR cards, CHARGEEEEE........!!!

[...] Perhaps everyone could submit a top 3 ideas [...]

Mine is:
1. TUTOR cards

2. More TUTOR cards.

3. Well, you know... A LOT MORE TUTOR CARDs.

IMHO Consistency is the most beautiful thing Gwent used to have, and the only reason for some of us (incase some one gonna ask, i don't have statistics data on this subject) to play this game.

P/s: a bit too much, i know.

Last edited:
I think this game needs tutors BADLY, not of the obnoxious kind nor in the obnoxious proportions of the times of exaggeration, but at least SOMETHING to spice up this RNG fiesta punctuated by playing 3 point cards one after the other.

The problem with tutors is twofold: consistency and design space. Starting off with the latter, tutors created a rift in balancing cards. A famous example is Thunder, a card that almost no one played from hand because it wasn't strong enough. Instead, everyone used a tutor to play Thunder. As such, Thunder needed to be balanced around using it with a tutor, as is the case with all tutorable cards.

With the provision system, it has finally become possible to solve part of this problem by adding a higher provision cost to tutors or limiting them based on their provision cost or the provision cost of cards they can summon. Even with the aforementioned, a bigger issue remains. Tutor cards cannot actually be properly balanced, even with the provision system. Because of the universal nature of tutors, every deck would want to use them, which means tutor cards either are too cheap and everyone uses them or too expensive and no one will use them.

Furthermore, tutors undermine deck variety. In Gwent, the archetypes were too obvious, made worse by tutors. Every deck had the same cards with little variation. Not only that, but most tutors themselves were boring. Even now, player are complaining about how consistent Skellige is with their discard mechanic. And this will only get worse with more efficient tutors.

Next, too much consistency makes the game stale. You should not be able to make a deck revolving around a single card, expecting to always being able to draw it. Gwent was never about that, until too many tutors were introduced and everyone started to take it for granted. Your deck needs to be organic, adapting to the situation at hand. Besides, you can already draw 16 out of the 25 cards, not including the mulligans. In an average game you can cycle through 80% of your deck.

Oh, and let's not forget there are already plenty of tutor cards in Homecoming, most notorious being the much debated Witcher. Incidentally, very few people play Dandelion because he is too expensive, but drop the provisions and he becomes an auto-include. I guess all unconditional tutor cards should be removed, including all neutral ones and, instead, tutors should be made faction specific with conditions that synergizes with their respective faction.

Man!, i respect your dedication, but IMHO there is no point explaining the cons of Tutor cards to the TRUE FAN OF TUTOR cards. If they are not tutor fans they will not ask for its return.
Tutor fans love tutor cards both pro and cons no matter what, just let Us be. We - tutor fan just like to post something in here, cause that's all we can do and we well know that Tutor Card will not return, no need to remind us :D

Yesterday evening (Sunday) it was hard to find Gwent on Twitch. Finally I found 6 "noname" streamers with total of 83 viewers and 32 viewers on top stream. All other main Gwent streamers were streaming different games. Today (Monday) only Trynet123 is streaming with 297 viewers. #FeelsSadMan

Since september with the whole Homecoming fiasco CDPR stocks are falling down on the market. For Devs that could be a real problem to solve, much bigger then some online updates of a card game.

Aye, even the most loyal streamers are streaming other games now (and not necessarily Artifact).

But that's what happens when you ignore your community: the community starts ignoring you. Even on these forums mostly only moderators respond to people. Which is even more sad than the state Gwent is in.

Homecoming completely revamped Gwent, but because of the lack of tutors, players have left, ignoring pretty much every other change, some even bigger. Sounds a bit odd, no? You personally really like tutors and that's okay. However, you have to understand very few player share this opinion of yours.

HC killed gwent, now is ThroneB online
Tutors were part of gwent identity, but after midwinter cdpr introduced too many neutrals, recon,triss,poet also piratecaptain didnt brick thats why all GS games were the same.

HC is so much better than old gwent was.
Yes, it has it's flaws, but overall it's so cool! Almost every single aspect is so much better than it was before.
You're complaining about tutors. You have enough of it now. It costs alot, but if you want consistency, you need to sacrifice power.
10 cards max and 3 every round is an epic idea. Gives the flexibility and at the same time, doesn't let you to drypass, unless you have best hand.
You are complaining about Sihil? It can be countered by artifact removal.
Different amount of mulligans is great, provisions is awesome.
The only big con I can find in HC is the smaller numbers when it comes to card's strength.

Old gwent was really average game - even thought I spent few hundreds of hours on it.
New gwent is great. And it will be even better after patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
People... Get real... TB online is not going to turn back to Gwent simply because CDPR invested half a year on this flop.

What will most likely happens is that they're going to simply stop updating the game until it eventually gets shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom