[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Replaying the prologue I found something that made me chuckle a bit as well as get slightly madder at CDPR...:

noChoice.png

That's right, V... You got no choice.

Dang. Missed the 1000th post by just one......

Last edited:
Well that abuse part is pretty heavy, but it surely shows who Johhny is from a start, a douchebag.
Post automatically merged:

Now the doom part, yeah that can mess up some people since we got no nice ending.

That is exactly what went wrong with that game. We struggle throughout the story and in the end we get rewarded by biting the dust anyway. All just doom and gloom and no ray of hope.

Unfortunately, I think saving Johnny and yourself may be the only way we get a "better" ending. Not only every side is happy, but the writers would be happy.. or at the very least consider adding it in.

If I have to save Johnny to save V, it's a worthwhile compromise.

They won't add more Keanu Reeves.

And that's a good thing. (Sorry Keanu :( It's not you, it's how they did you... )

I personally think one 'good' ending could be if you -do- surrender to Silverhand, but he feels so guilty and out of place that he finds a way to undo it and put you back into your own body. Somehow. Even if he has to hold entire Biotech at gunpoint to make it happen.

Then he yeets himself out of the story with a written farewell message, apologizing for everything.

Yeah, that is the problem that I was afraid of. Since adding new sidequests with additional endings would require more voiceacting and that costs money, especially for movie stars. They would need to make ending where Johnny isn't part of it almost at all. Other way is to expand the Aldecados ending since we left Johnny behind the black wall.

Did we play the same game? Johnny is not likeable. He's not written to be likeable. He may, with some imput from the player, become a better and thus more likeable person, but no one was expected to like him from the get go.
I said nothing about having to like Johnny or find him likeable, not from the get-go or at all if the player doesn't feel like it, but there's a difference between not liking him and straight-up hating him (maybe my mistake was that 'dislike' is too tame a word). For the record, I actually LIKE Johnny, but maybe that's because of how I experienced him - an asshole at times, but he gelled pretty well with my V. Maybe it was the choices I made, I dunno.

However, I believe that they did not plan on making people straight up hate him, and certainly not for the reasons that people probably do, because how are we meant to hate someone played by Keanu. Surely people would come around and adapt to him. The fact that Keanu played him was no lucky coincidence - why else pick an actor that pretty much everybody loves? on some level that was meant to sway us to want to like him despite the fact that he acts the way he does.

I have no way of knowing, but I'm pretty sure CDPR did not bank on people hating the endings - and Johnny - quite as much as they did. It wouldn't be doing them any favors.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but the ending of this game broke me.

You just can't do this. You can't craft a world so captivating and real, so depressing and brutal, and after hours upon hours of fighting for survival, losing valuable friends, pursuing romance for a glimpse of happiness among the trash, take it all away from me.

I played a male V, did a lot of side content, made sure everyone I cared for was taken care of (as far as the missions would allow). romanced Kerry and decided I was ready to meet my fate. But I never expected it to be so sad. On the first ending I played, I decided to let Johnny and Rogue save me and was so hopeful that Silverhand will somehow manage. We also kept a good relationship and were genuine friends by the time of the conclusion.

But I never for one second thought to sacrifice myself for his second chance. So upon realizing that if I saved myself, I'd have 6 months to live, I stood between the well and the bridge crying until my head hurt because I felt so betrayed. I chose to save myself at the end and got the mansion ending where Del takes you to the Afterlife and you go in space. The ending credits and everyone sending messages, I was sobbing throughout the whole thing. My fiancé thought someone had died. And for me, someone had really died. I felt so broken and betrayed by this game, I can compare it to emotional abuse.

I also did the Panam ending with the nomads. but Kerry left me so he could pursue his newfound passions. By this I also felt betrayed. With that ending you also don't know what will happen to V, he's still dying and even though Panam says they'll look for help in the Badlands, that's not a happy end. It's not even a peaceful end.

I uninstalled the game and will never cause myself such emotional abuse willingly. I don't know if the plan has always been to let Johnny have his second chance, but I also don't see how he deserves it.

I wanted to give V the best life he could have in Night City. To be a living legend, and have a hot (and shallow, but who else can a gay man do in this game) rocker dude boyfriend to go home to, to make a sense of this depressing mess that is Night City, to find peace after all the sh*t he's been through.

But no.

I am beyond frustrated and very hurt by this conclusion. And I am disappointed.

I said nothing about having to like Johnny or find him likeable, not from the get-go or at all if the player doesn't feel like it, but there's a difference between not liking him and straight-up hating him (maybe my mistake was that 'dislike' is too tame a word). For the record, I actually LIKE Johnny, but maybe that's because of how I experienced him - an asshole at times, but he gelled pretty well with my V. Maybe it was the choices I made, I dunno.

However, I believe that they did not plan on making people straight up hate him, and certainly not for the reasons that people probably do, because how are we meant to hate someone played by Keanu. Surely people would come around and adapt to him. The fact that Keanu played him was no lucky coincidence - why else pick an actor that pretty much everybody loves? on some level that was meant to sway us to want to like him despite the fact that he acts the way he does.

I have no way of knowing, but I'm pretty sure CDPR did not bank on people hating the endings - and Johnny - quite as much as they did. It wouldn't be doing them any favors.
Not liking Johnny is fine, he is meant to be not liked, he is well, a douchebag terrorist. The endings, that's the one.

I personally think one 'good' ending could be if you -do- surrender to Silverhand, but he feels so guilty and out of place that he finds a way to undo it and put you back into your own body.

No way he is too obsessed with his hate that he would never go that far, he see V as a tool to finish his job.

Yeah, that is the problem that I was afraid of. Since adding new sidequests with additional endings would require more voiceacting and that costs money, especially for movie stars. They would need to make ending where Johnny isn't part of it almost at all. Other way is to expand the Aldecados ending since we left Johnny behind the black wall.
Unless they already have the ending. We don't know how much stuff they may have pre-recorded for future DLC, or even what's part of the VA's contract in regards to future work for the game.

I also think they wasted a lot of money on Keanu, he is great actor but game character don't really need movie start to be great characters.

Hell. I think even they are astounded that the most read topic on the forums complains about the story rather than the bugs

Hell. I think even they are astounded that the most read topic on the forums complains about the story rather than the bugs
We gotta make this thread a thing, if it reaches youtube, we might get a chance.
Post automatically merged:

Now i just hope some modders can bring us magic and creat a real ending, i do not expect it anytime soon but one day... maybe.
Well modded ending ain't gonna be even close to the official ones.

Unless they already have the ending. We don't know how much stuff they may have pre-recorded for future DLC, or even what's part of the VA's contract in regards to future work for the game.

this was (and still is to an extent) sort my feeling first coming to this thread. I feel like a lot of things were cut out, not just mechanics and world stuff like barbers. considering how rocky the development went with so many different iterations and meddling higher-ups, I'm pretty confident they were finishing a lot of story-related stuff like models, cut-scenes, and scripting to the very last minute. however, at some point, they've probably realized that the time is running out and they don't even have decently working last gen builds (in the investors call there is some info about them spending much more time polishing and testing PC version than consoles) so they focused on releasing at least something and then fixing it up. we can only imagine how many things were cut out or never implemented at all.

Top Bottom