[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Yeah Wakako is actually exactly the type of character who would belittle you if you do not act according to her preference. So the praise that she wants only you to do the gig is actually a huge praise from her. It proves me point even more.

But you should be proud because he is literally a living legend, that you bested. If Arasaka can bring him back is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Why on earth would Hanako want to manipulate you at that point? Like, how else would it pan out other than you working your last 6 months as a bodyguard/agent whatever. For the pure reason that Hanako recognizes your skills.
How do you know her character, is there a Wakako story arc im not aware of? does her praise change depending on your performance?

Yea he's still a security guard though, nobody cares that he's dead, killing him will not change anything in the game world, and no one will remember the "merc" that killed him, lmao

I'm not even sure what are you even talking about with Hanako? In the Arasaka ending you are told that Hanako can't talk to you because she's busy. She literally doesn't care about you

How do you know her character, is there a Wakako story arc im not aware of? does her praise change depending on your performance?

Yea he's still a security guard though, nobody cares that he's dead, killing him will not change anything in the game world, and no one will remember the "merc" that killed him, lmao

I'm not even sure what are you even talking about with Hanako? In the Arasaka ending you are told that Hanako can't talk to you because she's busy. She literally doesn't care about you
What are these arguements? You are literally not proving anything you are trying to.
I know Wakako because I get to interact with her on multiple occassions and she has a very clear personality. You really don't need to have a psychology degree for that.. She is the kind of character that takes no bullshit, gives no bullshit. She gives it to you straight.

And the fact that he is working as a security guard doesn't change the fact that everyone knows who he is in Night City. He is a living legend. Period.

Well then finish the game again because when you decide to go back to earth, you get a voicemail from her offering you a job.

What are these arguements? You are literally not proving anything you are trying to.
I know Wakako because I get to interact with her on multiple occassions and she has a very clear personality. You really don't need to have a psychology degree for that.. She is the kind of character that takes no bullshit, gives no bullshit. She gives it to you straight.

And the fact that he is working as a security guard doesn't change the fact that everyone knows who he is in Night City. He is a living legend. Period.

Well then finish the game again because when you decide to go back to earth, you get a voicemail from her offering you a job.
Does Wakako call you out if you perform poorly or fail a mission?

Alright you killed a legend, now what? nobody knows how that "legend" died. What are you going to do with that achievement? What changes in the world?

Just watched it, doesn't even say what the job is. Not that it matters because I doubt she will have a hard time replacing you after those 6 months. Also, her message really reflects how much of a corpo dog you have become, so much for the "best merc". Now Arasaka's dog.

I don't think the arguement that V is a nobody stands it's ground at all. By the end of the story V is literally one of the best mercs/very dangerous individual. Even Hanako realises that by offering you a job.

V is a power fantasy character.

Well, we may discuss a long time on this.
In my opinion, V is a powerful character. As a player at my table, he/she would be a number cruncher, always looking for the best tech and trying to maximize the stats of the character.
But he/she is not a power character.
Arasaka is a AAA corp, with unlimited funds and assets. In the "Cyberpunk according to Pondsmith" world, this corp is everything the characters do not want after them. And once Hanako in power, V becomes a liability, a costly one. And V has no established power to back him/her against Arasaka. Even Rogue admits that she would have to disappear after the run on Arasaka, leave the Afterlife and live on the run.
So, at the minute Hanako (or a high ranking Arasaka exec) decides that V is gone, well, V is gone. Plain and simple.

Does Wakako call you out if you perform poorly or fail a mission?

Alright you killed a legend, now what? nobody knows how that "legend" died. What are you going to do with that achievement? What changes in the world?

Just watched it, doesn't even say what the job is. Not that it matters because I doubt she will have a hard time replacing you after those 6 months. Also, her message really reflects how much of a corpo dog you have become, so much for the "best merc". Now Arasaka's dog.
I really don't understand what we are arguing about. Let's just drop it because we are clearly not talking about the same thing.
Post automatically merged:

Well, we may discuss a long time on this.
In my opinion, V is a powerful character. As a player at my table, he/she would be a number cruncher, always looking for the best tech and trying to maximize the stats of the character.
But he/she is not a power character.
Arasaka is a AAA corp, with unlimited funds and assets. In the "Cyberpunk according to Pondsmith" world, this corp is everything the characters do not want after them. And once Hanako in power, V becomes a liability, a costly one. And V has no established power to back him/her against Arasaka. Even Rogue admits that she would have to disappear after the run on Arasaka, leave the Afterlife and live on the run.
So, at the minute Hanako (or a high ranking Arasaka exec) decides that V is gone, well, V is gone. Plain and simple.
I agree with what you are saying. But I'd still argue V is not a nobody. The problem boils down to that the gameplay is telling us one thing, and the story telling another.

I really don't understand what we are arguing about. Let's just drop it because we are clearly not talking about the same thing.

I agree with what you are saying. But I'd still argue V is not a nobody. The problem boils down to that the gameplay is telling us one thing, and the story telling another.
What really matters, is that V is not "nobody" to us, the player(s).

If the scenarist makes the "RPG" plot that forces the main character to be nobody and mean literally nothing in the plot regardless of what player does in the game - that emo-scenarist can go fuck themself.

Especially so much struggle through the whole great game (i saw all those complaints about plot holes, which are true, but i personally would never even notice and consider game-ruining, if the terrible endings didn't force me to reconsider my wasted time)

Last edited:

If the scenarist makes the "RPG" plot that forces the main character to be nobody and mean literally nothing in the plot regardless of what player does in the game - that emo-scenarist can go fuck themself.

Especially so much struggle through the whole great game (i saw all those complaints about plot holes, which are true, but i personally would never even notice and consider game-ruining, if the terrible endings didn't force me to reconsider my wasted time)
They now changed that. If you look on twitter you will find that this game is now an "open-world, action-adventure story". So I really think that means we can our request for better ending put up our ass

This 100%.
Agree 100%

They now changed that. If you look on twitter you will find that this game is now an "open-world, action-adventure story". So I really think that means we can our request for better ending put up our ass

Agree 100%
So we all who bought this game as an RPG we might as well had dementia. This is advetnure game to depression

That's the thing with "plot holes" - you find those everywhere. In all kinds of movies, books, series, games etc. They are often unavoidable or, in most cases where people complain, not even plot holes, because many people don't even know what they mean. For example a character failing to do something that seems logical to the audience isn't a plothole, but most often a a wanted and justified character flaw etc.

And yeah, the jarring endings makes one really dissect the game overall way more.

You can see that also in current Star Wrs fandom, where one or two little issues ("Oh noes, my Luke doesn't go all Vader on the First Order, worst movies ever! Holdo manouver!!!! Arrggh") make people find more and more (imagined) plotholes.

Or, like with me, after ME3 I totally wrecked ME2, because to me that is where everythign went downhill in the franchise. Many love that game, I played through it loving it. But after ME3 I looked at that game again and found only issues, issues everywhere...

Agree 100%

So we all who bought this game as an RPG we might as well had dementia. This is advetnure game to depression

And now... i really hate the fact that i bought the game for further playing after almost completing it on torrent version.
Before that i had some hope that the game was just rushed, and that's fixable. Now it's "haha, you already bought it, so why should we care?"

And now... i really hate the fact that i bought the game for further playing after almost completing it on torrent version.
Before that i had some hope that the game was just rushed, and that's fixable. Now it's "haha, you already bought it, so why should we care?"
We still have the hope that is not the case and CDPR will care. Unfortunately I doubt we will see proof of that before the end of January in any form. And I think the story will only be addressed with the first DLC. I hope

I mean... the cheapest way of fixing the endings is gonna be removing that stupid fucking "6-months" fact out of all the endings except for, maybe Arisaka one, as an example that "corporation will still screw you". In other cases just removing this one stupid-ass line will fix the game for me. At least partially...

Now on twitter and prolly on steam,gog etc this game is now an "open-world, action-adventure story" . So does that mean this thread is pointless? Like we no more have an argument that this is an RPG. We can now hope that they will either listen to us or they have planned dlc with 20+ hours of gameplay to save V?

We still have the hope that is not the case and CDPR will care. Unfortunately I doubt we will see proof of that before the end of January in any form. And I think the story will only be addressed with the first DLC. I hope
I am also hoping for that

I mean... the cheapest way of fixing the endings is gonna be removing that stupid fucking "6-months" fact out of all the endings except for, maybe Arisaka one, as an example that "corporation will still screw you". In other cases just removing this one stupid-ass line will fix the game for me. At least partially...
Yeah, I feel the 6 month is really unreasonable with the Arasaka ending. You already gave up your "principles", your friends are judging you for it... you pay the price, yet still no reward.

If that's the DLC we have to wait for - fine, i'll eat it up.
I have no clues about how such a decent company with a legacy of Witcher games could go so downhill so fast...
If it was two different people writing the main plot and the endings - i guess it's obvious who should get fired.

1608741514035.png

It's still an RPG in GOG.

Top Bottom