If romance DLC becomes a thing who do you want to have added?

+
As with many other facets of the game, there is very little choice here. Once again, the game lost its way by trying to be too many things, and so everything just became very 'lite'.

I realize there's a 99.9% chance this won't happen, but I'd love for Rachel to be a romance option...

cyberpunk rachel.png

So another big complaint I’ve been seeing is a lack of romance options and depth to the options that we have. Again I can’t help but to compare CDPR to the other big name in the RPG genre: BioWare. BioWare has been giving us multiple romances deeply woven into the plot since all the way back in Knights of the Old Republic 2, basically making it a staple of the choice genre. Here again though we find Cyberpunk lacking.

Looking back at the old “any attractive male love interests?” thread you can see how much diversity people were expecting and the two or three that people were 100% certain that we were going to get. Only to only get one and have his canon sexuality erased.

Then there is the “Flings” otherwise known as two joytoys and a Stout. Here is another one people were expecting some variety without even expecting plots to go with them. Honestly I don’t personally care too much about this one as it is mainly just a quick sexy scene for fun, but I also don’t think it would kill CDPR to design a pair of joytoys for each section of NC appealing to the themes of the location. Like cyber ware heavy joytoys for Maelstrom controlled Watson, more POC in Pacifica, etc.

That said there is always hope with DLC so I pose the question to you now that we have met a variety of characters who do you want to see added with DLC be it proper romance, fling, or an expanded current romance?
I would like that thing they teased for 8 years to be added. What was that again? Hmm oh yeah the RPG GAME THEY PROMISED!

Some of the things bare repeating till they can't be ignored. As it was probably stated so many times the relationships reach their peak with their intimate moment and past that you are left with a cold void that keeps you hungry for more. The depth is so lacking. Here are my few suggestions that would improve on the romance options as they are currently.

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All of the above shouldn't be an issue to implement without impacting the main story as they are their own stories and rewards for our stay in Night City. I wouldn't advocate for any new or more romance options until some if not all of the standard we wish for is met because we would only end up with same disappointment right at the start of our relationship.

Also please don't wish for changing the orientation, leave them as they are please. The beauty of life is that you cant have everything in it and you must learn to love and keep people you love most and that love you. Don't rob yourself out of this truth it would diminish the value of the characters and the reality of human condition.

Delamain of course !

I would like true romance with Meredith, she could give us access to Militech, new quest/weapons...
ROFLOLED, literally came in this thread just to say delamain, but honestly dunno if anyone else mentioned it but Johnny himself if you're a female V or having him go on a true brostory if you're male, like having johnny come back and you get a mission in which both of you go off shooting and wrecking corpos like arasaka a new one

This one's probably going to ruffle some feathers, but I would like Panam to be a bi option and another straight male V romance option added, because she is intrinsically tied to one specific ending,
arguably the most hopeful one.

In Mass Effect terms, I would much much rather she occupy Liara's seat at the table and a new Ashley be added.

That said, as okay as I am with that not happening, I do find it a little annoying that the only proper bi option isn't even a proper romance, and no, Rogue does not count, she's Johnny's RO, not V's.

Some of the things bare repeating till they can't be ignored. As it was probably stated so many times the relationships reach their peak with their intimate moment and past that you are left with a cold void that keeps you hungry for more. The depth is so lacking. Here are my few suggestions that would improve on the romance options as they are currently.

All of the above shouldn't be an issue to implement without impacting the main story as they are their own stories and rewards for our stay in Night City. I wouldn't advocate for any new or more romance options until some if not all of the standard we wish for is met because we would only end up with same disappointment right at the start of our relationship.

Also please don't wish for changing the orientation, leave them as they are please. The beauty of life is that you cant have everything in it and you must learn to love and keep people you love most and that love you. Don't rob yourself out of this truth it would diminish the value of the characters and the reality of human condition.
Complitely agree with you. Finally I found someone who thinks like me. I know I'm not the only, I know alot of people want this. As I said in many other threads, I fell in love with panam and is really heartbreaking see her and can't talk with her, hang out, do something together, hug, kiss, have a speach etc. etc.
Imagine how will let you feel good if time to time, while you are driving, going around in NC or badlands (or Arizona if they make that DLC), and a message of panam/Judy pop up, saying she miss you, she want stay with you, making a joke, or asking you to take her just to spend some time together. Believe me, that will be awesome for alot of us.
Is really, I mean, really easy to optimize, don't need that much. It will add something to the story. I'm not joking when I say that the only reason I'm still playing is because I'm playing the panam ending over and over and because I'm creating new savings to play panam storyline again. If wasn't for this character, now I would have finished the game and already stopped play. Devs must understand that they created an AWSOME character, (panam for me, I love her. But also Judy for who chose her) and they just need to implement her, not dump her like this, and let her became a useless npc after their story quests. Really, I hope devs really understand that. :I

Last edited:
Takemura ( husbando ), Wilson ( socially awkward weirdo ) and impossible dream... young Rogue from Johnny times ( she's so hot and smells like 80's ). Also, I wish there was a DLC with alternative clothing for main characters, something that The Witcher 3 had for free :(

We can dream, right ? Reality check #71 bug fixes, few balance patches - the end of updates :D

I don't think the game should become a date sim, as stated by many in this thread, by adding too much complexity to what we already have.
However, with the level of immersion the game could reach, I would love a bit more romances options and interactions.

1/ Relationships (Panam, Judy, River, Kerry) :
Nothing to change before getting the love scene > but once the quest is completed and romance established, allow to revisit them and add interactions
Exemples : discuss (extend their background by talking about their past, families, hopes, whatever), grab drinks, kiss, hug, love scene (standard scene where the couple goes to bed, start kissing, fade to black... wake up in bed in V's appartment).

2/ One night stand (only females exemples) :
- Add 3 more joy-toys models with the same animation (to minimize the effort - female, male, and an heavily modified one for more "cyberpunk" flavour (golden skin, etc.)).
- Meredith > allow to call her to V's appartment anytime.
- Rogue > if you manage the dialog properly, she doesn't stop you in the middle of the scene
- Evelyn > allow to save her, and unlock a scene
- Sandra Dorsett > if she become more important in a DLC

I don't think the game should become a date sim, as stated by many in this thread, by adding too much complexity to what we already have.
However, with the level of immersion the game could reach, I would love a bit more romances options and interactions.

1/ Relationships (Panam, Judy, River, Kerry) :
Nothing to change before getting the love scene > but once the quest is completed and romance established, allow to revisit them and add interactions
Exemples : discuss (extend their background by talking about their past, families, hopes, whatever), grab drinks, kiss, hug, love scene (standard scene where the couple goes to bed, start kissing, fade to black... wake up in bed in V's appartment).

2/ One night stand (only females exemples) :
- Add 3 more joy-toys models with the same animation (to minimize the effort - female, male, and an heavily modified one for more "cyberpunk" flavour (golden skin, etc.)).
- Meredith > allow to call her to V's appartment anytime.
- Rogue > if you manage the dialog properly, she doesn't stop you in the middle of the scene
- Evelyn > allow to save her, and unlock a scene
- Sandra Dorsett > if she become more important in a DLC
Yes exactly. Not a date Sim of course, but at least give us some option, like we said. As I said before, they can pop up messages of your partner, so time to time you will message on phone. Is not hard to do, if you think at all the messages npc send to you during story lines. Why your partners shouldn't be able to do it also after the end of their storyline?
I think everyone in here agrees that how is now, the romance option are really poor.. That's make me really sad

This one's probably going to ruffle some feathers, but I would like Panam to be a bi option and another straight male V romance option added, because she is intrinsically tied to one specific ending,
arguably the most hopeful one.

In Mass Effect terms, I would much much rather she occupy Liara's seat at the table and a new Ashley be added.

That said, as okay as I am with that not happening, I do find it a little annoying that the only proper bi option isn't even a proper romance, and no, Rogue does not count, she's Johnny's RO, not V's.
Nope. The characters personalities shouldn't be altered. Allow changing of V's gender to give you the option to pick anyone at any time.

Nope. The characters personalities shouldn't be altered. Allow changing of V's gender to give you the option to pick anyone at any time.

Yup. She's the only one tied to an ending and simultaneously an epilogue option. It's hard NOT playing that ending as female V and feeling like your character's gender was the wrong choice, which is bad game design when player expression is actively encouraged.

That said, if she has voicelines for same-sex, the intention to make her bi was there, her being the straight option makes me think that the devs were strapped for time and couldn't implement another straight character for a male V to romance.

I will also, again, point out that there is no actual bi option besides Meredith, who isn't even a "romance" but a fling. Changing an aspect of one character back to what they were originally intended to be is easier than making V customizeable.

Yup. She's the only one tied to an ending and simultaneously an epilogue option. It's hard NOT playing that ending as female V and feeling like your character's gender was the wrong choice, which is bad game design when player expression is actively encouraged.

That said, if she has voicelines for same-sex, the intention to make her bi was there, her being the straight option makes me think that the devs were strapped for time and couldn't implement another straight character for a male V to romance.

I will also, again, point out that there is no actual bi option besides Meredith, who isn't even a "romance" but a fling. Changing an aspect of one character back to what they were originally intended to be is easier than making V customizeable.
I think Bi is meaningless in a world that universe wise, can be swapped at any time. That's why the gender swap would be the best choice, as a game mechianic. Because Bi in a game means I can screw anyone. Because I just want to play as X. VS the character have a locked personality you can't control. You have to change for them.

Complitely agree with you. Finally I found someone who thinks like me. I know I'm not the only, I know alot of people want this. As I said in many other threads, I fell in love with panam and is really heartbreaking see her and can't talk with her, hang out, do something together, hug, kiss, have a speach etc. etc.
Imagine how will let you feel good if time to time, while you are driving, going around in NC or badlands (or Arizona if they make that DLC), and a message of panam/Judy pop up, saying she miss you, she want stay with you, making a joke, or asking you to take her just to spend some time together. Believe me, that will be awesome for alot of us.
Is really, I mean, really easy to optimize, don't need that much. It will add something to the story. I'm not joking when I say that the only reason I'm still playing is because I'm playing the panam ending over and over and because I'm creating new savings to play panam storyline again. If wasn't for this character, now I would have finished the game and already stopped play. Devs must understand that they created an AWSOME character, (panam for me, I love her. But also Judy for who chose her) and they just need to implement her, not dump her like this, and let her became a useless npc after their story quests. Really, I hope devs really understand that. :I
Yes i couldn't agree more, the devs here have already made something truly remarkable and with the base already set it has such insane potential. And as you said its the little details that would already give it such deeper meaning and value to all of us. The other thing that stands out to me is what ultimately ends up being your goal while going tru these stories, the romances, the new friends and Johnny or any of the many in Night City. What is it that defines your value and what do you hope to gain in the end. To me all the loot and gunplay was just the build up to the moments I could spend with the character I was most attached to. Nothing would feel more rewarding and time would freeze for moments with them. Imagine without it, it would only be a looter shooter like so many others. Yet it can be one of the defining masterpieces of our time if they keep their focus where their strengths are. My hope is we keep speaking about it till we know they get the message.

Definitely want more that are present in main quests other than just a random side quest pop up. Characters like Goro Takemura, Evelyn Parker (different fate for her if you do early romancing right), or even Claire in Afterlife. I feel like it should be a game update though, instead of a DLC.

Top Bottom