Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you mean by censored, but they said years ago the game would not be rated AO, but M. They also said the game would be locally censored in some regions. The ESRB ratings came out back in the Summer - https://www.esrb.org/ratings/36949/Cyberpunk+2077/. It was then as it is now. It is still accurate.
The point is, they had to censor something to have the politically correct M rating? If the reply is yes and the game got rated AO this is a censored version. If it got the M rating without no cuts need it's the uncut version. Now that leak said that full missions were deleted due to censorship so i hope it's fake.

The point is, they had to censor something to have the politically correct M rating? If the reply is yes and the game got rated AO this is a censored version.
An AO version of the game will never be released. They've always said the game would be M.

But a lot of the cut content that is now so complained of had already been said to be out by devs.

And a lot of it wasn't. Lifepaths were propped on a pedestal and utterly failed to come anywhere close to what was implied. I don't think it's fair to immediately jump to the conclusion this was a deliberate lie. Particularly because there are a lot of ways to interpret what was said about them. As we all know, the WIP disclaimer also makes it hard to come to the, "They lied.", conclusion. I do think it's fair to be critical of it.

This is one example. There are plenty more. Console performance is probably the worst offender, as mentioned (this one I think is deserving of getting raked over the coals for, tbh). I don't think I need to throw out every little example where expectations were set and the delivery fell well short (unless someone wants to challenge this claim, then I would be fully willing to defend it). No, I don't mean expectations players reached on their own. I mean expectations implied via quotes from senior/lead developers, features or mechanics in trailers, etc.

They said wall running was no longer in several months prior to release - https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-wall-running-mantis-blades-cut. People just don't follow development, come back at release, then some youtuber leaves out all context of "btw CDPR confirmed this was out months before release", and everyone goes, "YEAH, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SAY THAT!" But they did say it was out already.

Yeah, people do this. Complaining because you weren't paying attention is very different from doing it because you were and recognize the implementation was a shadow of what was implied though.

No matter what things are going to be complained about. The point was if a game development company wants to be transparent or tease features they should go all in with it. Say what you're trying to accomplish, say when you've decided to change direction, tell people when features won't make the cut. If they're unwilling to do so then, yeah, remaining silent is better then someone trying to get cute with marketing and hype and conveniently letting that marketing hang there instead of issuing proper communication. <-- This is why people default to, "They lied to us.". And frankly, the studio set themselves up for it (as most AAA studios do...).

Hell, if anything this is the biggest difference with games nowadays compared to in the past. Back in the day it would appear development studios were concerned with providing quality content and letting it speak for itself. They'd go the extra mile to make a game as good as it could be and pull in sales because it was good (pretty much what indie developers do because they can't afford the absurd marketing budgets). Not because they hid behind hype, misdirection and smoke and mirrors.

With any luck Cyberpunk will be a game that pulls people back several times over the next few years with it's updates, and as it fully realizes what it's capable of. I really hope so.

Yep - I've said this before a few times - but it's always worth re-iterating - single player games can have long tails. They dont' need to be an always engaged online shooter until the day it just dies, they don't need to be a play once and onto the shelf you go.

They can be games people pick up and play again and put away and play again. Especially role playing games.

So many of The Witcher 3 sales came about from bursts over a long period.

I think Cyberpunk will be the same.

But a lot of the cut content that is now so complained of had already been said to be out by devs.
For me this is THE issue in this whole situation - they were forthright about a lot of cut content, that it seemed it's safe to assume, that the stuff they didn't confirmed as cut out was still in the game.

Let's take into a consideration the now infamous 2018 gameplay - it showed Flathead as an actual tool that can be used in the game and not just a one time thing. They've later informed that this functionality was cut out from the game and that's ok. But it's pretty obvious that when they've showed something and later informed about it not being in a final product, then it seems logical that pepople will think "ok, they've cut out this part, but haven't mentioned anything else, so it must mean that the rest of the features in this gameplay will still be in final version of the game, cause otherwise they would inform us about them as well" - which isn't the case. And it's easy to bash people for "unrealistic expectations", or "WIP" disclaimer on the video, but players had the right and all logical premises to expect a lot more than what was released.

With any luck Cyberpunk will be a game that pulls people back several times over the next few years with it's updates, and as it fully realizes what it's capable of. I really hope so.
IDK the story is too short and majority disliked. I hope they do. but idk. Some people said Witcher 3 was too long and some said just fine, but not many disliked the story like with this game.

I don't think I need to throw out every little example where expectations were set and the delivery fell well short (unless someone wants to challenge this claim, then I would be fully willing to defend it).
If you're game I am. I think it would be interesting to go line by line in the cut features and see what was mentioned by CDPR prior to release. Lifepaths for instance we're confirmed cut back from a 3 of 9 structure to 1 of 3 at E3 2019. Since then they've pretty much said lifepaths would each have a unique prologue mission and unique dialogue choices throughout the game. Which is fairly accurate.

For me this is THE issue in this whole situation - they were forthright about a lot of cut content, that it seemed it's safe to assume, that the stuff they didn't confirmed as cut out was still in the game.

Let's take into a consideration the now infamous 2018 gameplay - it showed Flathead as an actual tool that can be used in the game and not just a one time thing. They've later informed that this functionality was cut out from the game and that's ok. But it's pretty obvious that when they've showed something and later informed about it not being in a final product, then it seems logical that pepople will think "ok, they've cut out this part, but haven't mentioned anything else, so it must mean that the rest of the features in this gameplay will still be in final version of the game, cause otherwise they would inform us about them as well" - which isn't the case. And it's easy to bash people for "unrealistic expectations", or "WIP" disclaimer on the video, but players had the right and all logical premises to expect a lot more than what was released.

"Does not represent final version of the game". They stated it pretty obviously. Don't expect them to tell you whenever they tweak or change features.

Let's take into a consideration the now infamous 2018 gameplay - it showed Flathead as an actual tool that can be used in the game and not just a one time thing.
They said at E3 2020 that flathead was no longer part of techie build, though it would still be in the game as part of a couple missions, because it's gameplay was redundant with hacker build and didn't really add anything. See - https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-removed-features-wall-running/

"Does not represent final version of the game". They stated it pretty obviously. Don't expect them to tell you whenever they tweak or change features.
And why not? They were able to inform about some cut content, why not about all of it? It seems not only a logical thing to do, but also a consumer friendly one.
Post automatically merged:

They said at E3 2020 that flathead was no longer part of techie build, though it would still be in the game as part of a couple missions, because it's gameplay was redundant with hacker build and didn't really add anything. See - https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-removed-features-wall-running/
And as I said, that's ok. But when leaving a lot of what was presented in this gameplay without any comment, while clearly announcing some of it as being cut out, they themselves were creating a logical assumption, that the rest is still there.

Last edited:
And as I said, that's ok. But when leaving a lot of what was presented in this gameplay without any comment, while clearly announcing some of it as being cut out, they themselves were creating a logical assumption, that the rest is still there.
What I'm saying is, I think a fairly large portion of the changed content was confirmed changed by CDPR prior to release. I literally can't think of anything off the top of my head that has been verified cut that we didn't know about before release.

EDIT: Even gear having level gates (which was the last non-story-spoiler feature I remember being surprised by) we found out about with reviews before launch.

What I'm saying is, I think a fairly large portion of the changed content was confirmed changed by CDPR prior to release. I literally can't think of anything off the top of my head that has been verified cut that we didn't know about before release.
Yes, and I'm saying that by informing very selectivly about what was actually cut from the game, the logical thing to assume was that if they aren't saying something was cut out, then this is still in game.

Yes, and I'm saying that by informing very selectivly about what was actually cut from the game, the logical thing to assume was that if they aren't saying something was cut out, then this is still in game.
But if all (or even most of) the major stuff was pre-release confirmed cut, then they aren't being very selective.

But if all the major stuff was pre-release confirmed cut, then they aren't being very selective.
Seeing all of the "missing content" lists (which consists of the things that were not confirmed as cut), saying that "all major stuff was pre-release confirmed" is and exaggeration. For me NPC's AI, daily routines and "wanted" system are all pretty major stuff.
Mentioned but missing features list | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom