The lack of 3rd person view

+
I dont think you can assume for any reason that they dont have third person because they are lazy, and I think its disrespectful you think that of the devs, I'm fairly certain pretty early on it was announced that this game would be first person choice. And if that is the case, then it is purely a stylistic choice. It's cool that you would like third person, but to don't be so entitled as to think that every game must cater to your preferences (this goes for whoever thinks that Judy needs to be bi too...). Rather, play different games and find out which ones you enjoy!

I would have believed that they did it first person for immersive reasons but this game is anything but immersive. In fact the game actively does its best to shatter any immersion I manage to gather up before doing it again.
There is just so much cut content and bait and switch in this game that there is no doubt in my mind that third person was cut just so they could push this game out faster.
I mean the model break while you move around, just look at your shadow, they removed all reflective surfaces because they couldn't bother with modelling your character properly.
Immersion is an excuse and you know it too if think about this issue critically.

This game was a massive scam plain and simple.

Well TBH after playing either shooting or melee in first person ever since they started making these sort of games for early PC or you could call them very early consoles I've only played first person. Yea I can easily think Skyrim compared to Dark Souls, Skyrim feels and looks like I'm really fighting the enemy, things like Dark Souls (which I've only watched videos on) look awful in comparison.

You talking about how you have learnt to play, maybe even on a console? with a controller perhaps? For some strange reason they took some games into the third person, probably for that 'swing the camera around and look from every angle' type thing, yea? Wow that's really immersive, you know like really doing it which for me is immersion, there again I can shoot and use a bow as well, tried some sword play but to to a far lesser degree. You can not portray a real life action in third person perspective, it simply becomes a spectator sport that way, not real in the slightest.

But hey I don't care if they have third and first in the same game, then everyone is happy just wish they would do it to all games then i could go back and try to stick with Witcher 3 but with first person combat?

BTW: have you ever really done any of the things you reckon are 'Shit' in a game, try even some muck about sparring and see what it really looks like.

1. I haven never ever owned a console. I played games since 1995 on a PC, always with Mouse + Keyboeard.
2. It is just a mechanical thing. You can't dodge, do sword pirouets and everything else that makes melee feel awesome in a game on first FPP. You just can't. It might be more gamey but it simply works. Same as shooting works WAY better on FPP than TPP.
3. I had been boxing recreationaly for about 10 years. The andrenaline in Dark Souls melee combat gave me a feeling that was millions of times closer to a sparing practice in box than the so called more immersive (in your opinion) melee combat in First Person on CP or skyrim.

As a sidenote: Adding TPP is not enough. Doing the work for it is what would make melee good. Skyrim had the option of going 3rd person, but i never did, simply because the game was not optimised for it. So yeah, FPP worked better there. None of the fancy things that make melee combat awesome was present in Skyrim.

To end it here.
Shooting = FPP far better if optimised
Melee = TPP far better if optimised.

It is not even a discussion

I would have believed that they did it first person for immersive reasons but this game is anything but immersive. In fact the game actively does its best to shatter any immersion I manage to gather up before doing it again.
Sorry you feel that way, that being said, what you consider failed attempt at immersion does not mean they did it because they are lazy or whatever, we know that this game had development issues and mismanagement, that doesnt make it okay for you to insist that they give you third person. In fact, I'm almost certain it was for immersion and stylistic reason, because witcher 3 was third person and cdpr has never made a first person game making it likely more work for them to even do first person! (even if it wasn't finished/fleshed out)

I mean the model break while you move around, just look at your shadow, they removed all reflective surfaces because they couldn't bother with modelling your character properly.
Immersion is an excuse and you know it too if think about this issue critically.
Yes, this is a problem, and I do not excuse cdpr at all for it, this is something that is obviously unfinished, but is obviously not finished. Do you really think the devs or playtesters saw this and went "yeah thats good enough"? This is obviously a case of management rushing the devs to release (not how i said release, not finish) the game within a certain deadline.

This game was a massive scam plain and simple.
I hope you got your refund.

I hope you got your refund.

CDPR has begun to ghost me. I have tried three times already each time I get the same email about "Try again, our staff is busy but don't worry you are still eligible!" crap.

Whether CDPR is lazy or rushed it doesn't matter in the slightest when looking at the finished product. The NPCs being braindead is by design. Its not a bug.
The fact that body editing is cinematic in just one single scene in the entire game with the rest being like I was swiping cards like I was playing a card game is what hurts the most.
This game is just... ugh. Lazy, rushed, incomplete. I don't care what you call it.

It wasn't what was advertised. It was misleading and a scam, I am not a stupid man, if they were honest I would have ignored this game just as I have ignored many, many others.

I hope they didn't.

Ow the edgy teenager cut me with his edge.

I hope they didn't.
I think those that are rightly expecting certain things due to false advertisements or promised features should be able to get a refund if they want it. However I do think it's silly calling this game a scam specifically due to third person because I don't think I've seen third person being promoted or advertised at all in this games trailers/ socials, so maybe you're right.

That being said we can still argue whether third person would make the game better/more immersive or not! Just don't flame the devs for choosing first person only...

I think those that are rightly expecting certain things due to false advertisements or promised features should be able to get a refund if they want it. However I do think it's silly calling this game a scam specifically due to third person because I don't think I've seen third person being promoted or advertised at all in this games trailers/ socials, so maybe you're right.

That being said we can still argue whether third person would make the game better/more immersive or not! Just don't flame the devs for choosing first person only...
Oh I agree with you on that but anyone who says, "SCAM" deserves nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I go to McDonalds and order a BigMac I am entitled to a BigMac with acceptable quality.
If some of the ingredients are missing or instead of beef I am served Tofu I am entitled to complain or even my money back.
This is about the thrid person mode. CDPR never promised us a third person mode. Its like order a BigMac with beef, getting a BigMac with Beef and complaining because its with beef and not tofu.

This game has a lot of problems. Lack of third person is not one of them.

This is about the thrid person mode. CDPR never promised us a third person mode. Its like order a BigMac with beef, getting a BigMac with Beef and complaining because its with beef and not tofu.

A third person mode works with a simple mod. Its not hard to do. The problem is they promised us this third person removal helped with immersion just a year or two before release. Here is the problem though, the immersion was nonexistant and I would love to hear you argue otherwise.

A third person mode works with a simple mod. Its not hard to do. The problem is they promised us this third person removal helped with immersion just a year or two before release. Here is the problem though, the immersion was nonexistant and I would love to hear you argue otherwise.
Your reasoning. "I don't like so no one else can like it".

Thats your opinion. I think the game is pretty imersive.

Based on what components is the game immersive to you?

The NPCs? The cop AI? The invisible body mods? Lack of any sort of activity besides the quests or is the constant and never ending bugs?

Nothing is more immersive for me than my car driving through a wall and then exploding.

Based on what components is the game immersive to you?
The wonderful designed City. The great Charakters, and how they interact with V. The Story. The Music. Even the voice-acting (german voice-acting sucks in most games, not in this one). The first person view ;)
Believe it or not. Some people like the game.

The NPCs? The cop AI? The invisible body mods? Lack of any sort of activity besides the quests or is the constant and never ending bugs?
Right. These are problems the game has. But again: This is about the 3rd person mode, and the ridiculous demand, that it should have been in the game. Not one of these problems would be solved with a 3rd person mode.

Last edited:
The wonderful designed City. The great Charakters, and how they interact with V. The Story. The Music. Even the voice-acting (german voice-acting sucks in most games, not in this one). The first person view ;)
Believe it or not. Some people like the game.

Right. These are problems the game has. But again: This is about the 3rd person mode or first person mode and the ridiculous demand, that it should have been in the game. Not one of these problems would be solve with a 3rd person mode.

And none of the things you mentioned needed a third person to be "immersive" which is the main topic of discussion of this thread.

And honestly everything you said is as immersive as I actually paid attention. The like a cheap illusion it popped. You confuse the quest from "what I liked" to what this game does to make itself immersive.
And the answer is it doesnt and all the silly bugs and performance issues kills any progressed it managed despite the many, many short comings.

This topic is so subjective. It is great people feel first person is immersive. There are some like myself that feel it is not. With this game, I don't care if it is added in or not at this point. My hope is they think about it for their next projects.

This topic is so subjective. It is great people feel first person is immersive. There are some like myself that feel it is not. With this game, I don't care if it is added in or not at this point. My hope is they think about it for their next projects.
Why wouldn't they make another 3rd person game? This is new territory for them going first person and people are shitting on them for it and it's absolutely disgusting how they are being treated.

(1) Watching them via their backside is not immersive, nor is driving a car from outside and behind it. What you are talking about here is a prefered play style, (2) third person is not immersive nor natural but for some and (3) I have no idea why it's a prefered way to play. (4) I check if a game can be played in first person if it can not then it has a 90% chance I will not buy it but I must admit some i can have some fun with but never immersion.
1. You'll have to speak for yourself here. Many immerse themselves just fine in 3rd person, some even better.
2. Taking the 1st vs 3rd person to the level of being natural, you could say that none feels natural. Both require viewing at a screen.
3. I and many others don't expect you to understand, but is desirable if you would respect it. Many seem to struggle with that.
4. I check if a game can be played in 3rd person. If it's limited to 1st person, then there is more or less 1 chance out of 5 that I will play it. Most of the times because 1st person games, taking longer than ±10 hours to beat (Far Cry series starting from Far Cry 2 for example), tend to get boring and monotone to me.

Last edited:
2. Taking the 1st vs 3rd person to the level of being natural, you could say that none feels natural. Both requires viewing at a screen.

First person definitely feels more natural. Yes it requires viewing a screen, but you have a direct view of exactly what is in front of the player character. You don't see your body from behind your head in real life... Not to mention one of most immersive technology we currently have is VR which is in first person. You guys trying to make a point/argue for third person won't win people over with 3rd person POV being more immersive, it's simply not what most people think of when they think of something as being immersive when a game is supposed to have YOU as the player character, not you controlling an existing character such as Geralt in the witcher three.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-it-went-with-first-person-for-cyberpunk-2077

Top Bottom