Is there a No-HeadBob mod?

+
Is there a No-HeadBob mod?

the headbob is making me sick. is there a config-type hack or mod to put an end to this headbob?before you call me crazy for asking, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has a no-HeadBob mod (same problem, it makes me sick. literally sick.)

yes, headbob is a camera-effect to simulate real-life camera-shake. the entire camera-frame bounces up and down slightly while moving.this is known as headbob. It dates all the back to Quake, where mods were created to add headbob (original Quake had no headbob).many games let you toggle it off, or at least hack the config file to flag it value_0.there are mods (stalker, for one) that remove it when all else fails. I would like to remove headbob from The Witcher. It's making me very ill.do you know of a hack or a mod?

Same here,I'd rather have a static camera. It doesn't make me sick, just hate the "shocking" look of the camera if you move around.It's probably caused because the camera is attached to a bone of the model, instead of just floating above it.

I wonder if the frame rate will be affected when the headbob is disabled; I notice both an increase in the headbob and a decrease especially in the Trade Quarter, so it would be interesting how that chapter would be affected.

That terrible shaking, that goes totally crazy in the fourth act? Yes, I definately want to get rid of that, if at all possible. Makes me sick, too.

So I guess there is no option to turn it off. I finally figured out what to put my gfx settings at and I'm using OTS mode (very good IMO). But the shaky-cam (aka head-bob) is killing me. I havent made it through the beginning of chapter 1 because of it. I play for 15 mins, get sick. Stop for about and hour, play for 15 mins, get sick ...

Does anyone have any clue on how to remove the head-bobbing / camera-shaking?I've searched the boards and the net and couldn't find any definitive solution. I've also looked into the CameraEffects.2da & CameraSettings.2da files and didnt' see anything in either that would help with this.Any insight would be highly appreciated.

We have a few mods out already that modify the camera (zoom out further, etc.) so I know that camera modding can be done. Too bad I'm a graphics-only guy when it comes to modding...Any scripters want to take a crack at this? I feel this is a mod that we really need, since the headbob makes some people physically not able to enjoy this game fully, it's just not cool.If only it was as simple as "CameraWobble=0" ;D

Has anyone noticed how geralt "jumps" or "jitters" up and down in crypts and other places that have uneven flooring. Looks really lame! anyone know how to fix this?

Anyone working on this at all? I would actually pay a few bucks to have this done. I really want to enjoy this game, but I can't because after two minutes I feel sick, so as it stands it isn't worth it.

Hello there, I have just registered the forum to ask the same thing.It's unbelievable how such a small thing as that can ruin a great game. I mean I can't play the game without getting motion sick more than 10 minutes![size=10pt][size=10pt]WHAT WERE THEY THINKING![/size][/size]

hah same. Game is amazing but was wondering why I was getting headaches playing this game. Am I tired, do I need sleep?Soon realized looking at the jumpy screen was causing it. Can't play for like 30 minutes straight before my mind can't take it any longer.Hopefully someone adds a mod option soon ...

In anticipation of The Witcher 2, I'd like to reinstall TW1 and do something I could never bear to do before: Finish the game. :)But the reason I could never do this was the terribly disorienting movement of the camera in OTS view. The other viewmodes simply weren't as enjoyable or immersive for me, and so I never got very far through the game, which was such a disappointment because I was enjoying the story and characters immensely.It has been a couple of years since I last unpacked my Enhanced Edition Witcher box, and I figure it has been quite enough time by now for someone to have figured out how to do it. Much more complex things have been done to an .exe without access to any sourcecode, after all. :) Just look at Morrowind these days.So, could someone point me in the direction of where to find it? I've had a look and couldn't find anything. I need it to truely enjoy a game that is near perfect in every other respect. :) Please and thank you.

Really? Noone, not even a dev, has been able to fix this yet? They can do an Enhanced Edition, but they can't do a fix like this, to get many people who own the game to actually play it?For shame.

This issue it's annoying for me too. This game is almost perfect except for the camera issue.As for the other camera modes, they are not very good for me either :SI'm used to TES III and IV camera freedom, and the camera system in this game does not allow you to move fluently across enemies or simply running from here to there.

The only one i know of is Flash FCR mod as it puts you in first person mode and you can scroll out using middle mouse wheel for ots mode. It comes with a readme in German,English,and Polish languages if i`m not mistaken and a FAQ . As i found the original game to easy even on hard mode and this fit the bill perfectly

Top Bottom