Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats your opinion of the game
and i respect that
but when you say thats its a gamers perspective you wrong...
well thanks m8...
but keep your opinion based on yours.. and not mine

because i love the game and rate it 10/10
even best game in years
because the story is the most important part for me.. and i love it
also NC is the most immersive city i did ever see in a game
and please spare me the its not immersive BS

That is not the perspective of a game. That is perspective of the scoring. The game has that userscore on metacritic. I am just saying that I don't understand how can Adam just throw around the 9s and 10s, while the user score is at around 7. And that is mediocre score. Nowhere near what they had in their previous titles. And then even the metascore from outlets is much lower than their other titles.
They stated their aims are not below 9s. That is 20% off. The user score is cummulative gamer perspective whether you like it or not. Great you like the game for you, but cummulatively it doesn't go beyond around 7.

promise.JPG

Well I disagree with this opinion. Yes, I found it very weird to react on Jason article, but your points are probably even worse than Adam's response.

1. You haven't played demo, so you don't know if it was good or bad... that's all.

You can compare mission The Rescue here and you can see it's better now, but still same. The second gameplay video can be played exactly same, just without "wall running" and hacking dead enemies. That was removed and it's something I'm not very surprised by, I'm sure from design choice removing wall running make sense (yes it's cool, I wanted it, but I'm fine with it) and seeing all enemies where they are, in which room etc can be very difficult to do in open world conflicts and they clearly had no time.

2. "There are NO FEATURES AT ALL IN THIS GAME", what? I guess you mean features like activities, ok. It's not GTA San Andreas (fun fact: even in GTA IV or GTA V together have less activities than in San Andreas), but it's still story-driven first person shooter game and where was stated Cyberpunk is going to be next GTA game? It wasn't. I'm not saying it's good to have nothing to do in the city except for GIGS and side jobs, but if their main focus was story, they have done very good job. And btw.. there are features in the game and it's true that removing features in development is very normal. Remember, everything was subject to change. We talking here about gameplay demo from June 2019, that's 18months of development.

About chases, they are really in the game, all of them are scripted and one unscripted where you have to escape NCPD, sadly it's bugged.. :)

3. Sorry, but how naive you have to be to think publishers paying to gaming magazines for good reviews. This is just not happening. Period. This is something that would kill publisher reputation and at the same time magazine reputation and no one ever would trust reviews again so you can close your magazine and maybe even publisher house. I think this is by far biggest myth in this industry.

My problem with his reaction is, you can't just defend your game by saying "but you saw reviews, we had plenty of 9's and 10's". He clearly wrote this without any PR help, we all know game is not finished so trying to say "but it's very good game" is absolutely off.. Yes, I liked the game and if all issues are fixed (NOT MISSING FEATURES!) game will be really great and will target 9/10 at worst.

"Well, i guess this is what the game is guys." Yes it is, we can't change it and they can't change it anymore too. All what we can do, is giving them feedback, hope for redemption and it will never happen again.

2. Well you know that they had been stating on and on that the game would bare comparion to RDR2 in the interactivity. Where is that interactivity? People throwing around GTAs somehow forget that CDPR themselves played into the open world interactivity of the RDR2. And that game is from Rockstar and often even more interactive and ridden with activities than GTA.

well.. its all arguable..

1. check, mature=nude / brutal= sever body parts / rich futuristic world=Night City
2. check, non liniar story= you can chose what to do next / life and detail= life is there... just not the best, but detail.. oh boy. i love it
come to think of it... isnt it kinda rare you see pedestrians walking on the sideway in GTA V? there are only few every 100-200m or not?
3 kinda checkd, advanced RPG mechanics=converted to actionbased rpg, personaly i think they did a good job
(also even BG3 gets bashed because it isnt rue to the rules... rofl)
4. kinda checked different char classes=switched to a skill based sytem
5. check, gigantic weapon arsenal with upgrades and cyberware=all in the game, some people even think its to much
6. check (at last for me), new standarts and exeptional gaming expirience=most immersive city, lots of detail, finaly again a good 1st person gameplay

for me they didnt lie

and yes..
the game has flaws
and no, its not perfect

Last edited:
The line about car ambushes is just a plain outright lie. Yes the animation they used to control the vehicle is in the game verbatim, but the 'ambush' is nothing like the original.

In the 2018 video, the PLAYER is driving when they get ambushed. In order for such an event to occur when the player is driving requires a robust driving AI for the ambusher to be able to ambush the player no matter where they are or how they are driving.
As others have stated, that ambush is also advertised as being a random encounter that is the result of previous player action.

Has anyone ever played a run of CP2077 and have that ambush after the first mission NOT occur? Or just occur at a different point during the drive, or at a later time in the game? No no-one has because it is not random, its a permanent scripted event that happens every time (and only that time) during the same section of the first mission

The line about car ambushes is just a plain outright lie. Yes the animation they used to control the vehicle is in the game verbatim, but the 'ambush' is nothing like the original.

In the 2018 video, the PLAYER is driving when they get ambushed. In order for such an event to occur when the player is driving requires a robust driving AI for the ambusher to be able to ambush the player no matter where they are or how they are driving.
As others have stated, that ambush is also advertised as being a random encounter that is the result of previous player action.

Has anyone ever played a run of CP2077 and have that ambush after the first mission NOT occur? Or just occur at a different point during the drive, or at a later time in the game? No no-one has because it is not random, its a permanent scripted event that happens every time (and only that time) during the same section of the first mission
you can avoid the car chase on the side quest where you have to get the car out of a mine field
its not much... but what ever^^

1. check, mature=nude / brutal= sever body parts / rich futuristic world=Night City
2. check, non liniar story= you can chose what to do next / life and detail= life is there... just not the best, but detail.. oh boy. i love it
3 kinda checkd, advanced RPG mechanics=converted to actionbased rpg, personaly i think they did a good job
5. check, gigantic weapon arsenal with upgrades and cyberware=all in the game, some people even think its to much
6. check (at last for me), new standarts and exeptional gaming expirience=most immersive city, lots of detail, finaly again a good 1st person gameplay

for me they didnt lie

and yes..
the game has flaws
and no, its not perfect
I respect your opinion.

We have different minimum standards to check most of those boxes in an honest maner it seems. To me most of those are actually unchecked in the final product (as per comparision with other games for example, without going into longer fuller details).

come to think of it... isnt it kinda rare you see pedestrians walking on the sideway in GTA V? there are only few every 100-200m or not?

for me they didnt lie

and yes..
the game has flaws
and no, its not perfect

They may have not lied to you, but a lot of people are disappointed by the game so far. It has a non functioning AI that needs fixing and a barren shell of a city that may look nice outside but completely lacks any kind of side activities. Also please stop writing like that, it is really annoying to read.

I think they can improve the game, add some contents, revamp some features. I'm almost certain that they read this forum and there are plenty of good suggestions that could make the game much better.
Now, "coulda", "shoulda", "woulda"...of course sounds all speculative.

Is there a way to pin the posts with suggestions at the top?

I just finished watching this video and after playing the game for over 100 hours I have no idea how anyone could ever give it more than a 7/10.

Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that some may have liked it anyway, despite the obvious flaws.

Too many promises were made during development and not enough were actually fulfilled.

CDPR higher ups should really, really, watch this video at least three times.
Post automatically merged:

Makes me wonder what Mike Pondsmith, thinks about how this game turned out.
And this one too, they should watch and remember what this game was originally all about and give the soul back to the final game ASAP.

As it stands right now the game is a missing parts engram, an incomplete conscience and personality construct of the original soul : )

I respect your opinion.

We have different minimum standards to check most of those boxes in an honest maner it seems. To me most of those are actually unchecked in the final product (as per comparision with other games for example, without going into longer fuller details).
agreed
but they are checked anyway... they just didnt fulfill everybodys expectations...
happens when imaginations runs wild
but honestly
Night City is the best thing i did see in a long time...
also some of the animations are realy good (motioncapture) and the faces look realy good
and when you are in the inner city parts and there are like 200 npcs running around its realy impressive
GTA V has like 2-5 npcs every few 100m
also the vocalisations... Rockstar Games are all only available in english...
CDPR games in what.. 7 or even more languages?
German vocalisation took ~1year make... they even did fly someone in from Japan to do the voice of Goro Takemura.. its realy impressive.. 93k takes, movies need like 14k takes

Last edited:
CDPR higher ups should really, really, watch this video at least three times.

And this one too, they should watch and remember what this game was originally all about and give the soul back to the final game ASAP.

As it stands right now the game is a missing parts conscience and personality construct of the original soul : )

Some will say they're having a helluva fun, suits at the industry read this, expect *this* helluva fun being delivered in future games. lol.

Some will say they're having a helluva fun, suits at the industry read this, expect *this* helluva fun being delivered in future games. lol.
Most game developing companies managers aren't even gamers nor ever worked as a developer. This must change, this has to change.

agreed
but they are checked anyway... they just didnt fulfill everybodys expectations...
happens when imaginations runs wild
but honestly
Night City is the best thing i did see in a long time...
also some of the animations are realy good (motioncapture) and the faces look realy good
and when you are in the inner city parts and there are like 200 npcs running around its realy impressive
GTA V has like 2-5 npcs every few 100m
also the vocalisations... Rocksar Games are all only available in eglish...
CDPR games in what.. 7 or even more languages?
German vocalisation took ~1year make... they even did fly someone in from Japan to do the voice of Goro Takemura.. its realy impressive.. 93k takes, movies need like 14k takes
Just to complement, and please I have already discussed the topic ad nauseum, so I don't want to start it all over again: all I expect has already been done to near perfection in other much older games and I expected that because, repeated times (even very close to launching the game), CDPR stated in interviews, trailers, demos, etc., one should expect so. My expectations weren't even for anything new or much improved than what I had already seen in ~5~10+ years older games, and even that wasn't fulfilled.

Just wanted to make it clear that it was nothing wild, just what stated again, again, one could safelly expect from their game which I did in a very low standard level (wanting things already done before in much older games and nothing new, revolutionary, or much improved upon older formulas).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom