Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
after seeing Adam's response I feel that CDPR is still not listening to consumers. I feel that Dev's and the rest of the team truly wanted to deliver on the vision. But leaks regarding Adam's involvement to change the course of the game for some reason and cut content is proving that leaks were right all along. Head screwed over big time. I really hope CDPR gets the wake-up call otherwise I'm not seeing a bright future for this so awesome and such high potential studio which have so many talented devs being crumbled because of mistakes and poor decisions of heads like Adam.

The delusion started with the Witcher 3. In a way, that game is the root of all the problems with Cyberpunk.

This sounds very true.

There is the feeling of some misguided idea that ”if a certain design/feature worked for Witcher, it will work here too” and then we see a hamfisted and crude copypaste job on a good number of features and design decisions (like dialog and itemization for examples, and the idea behind character systems.... to simply create a perfect killbot).

While CDPR management's position resembles this:

We are all wasting our time.

Not just the management either. Literally some people will see the facts right in front of them and do exactly this. It's whether or not we going to be real and honest or just do what this picture shows because I might've enjoyed it. I could say "Dang man, this Taco Supreme from taco bell was good!" then go on a website critiquing food on it's quality and give it a 10/10 because it was good to me. I can but if I'm being honest with myself and others, I can't cause it's not quality food.

Like I can enjoy Cyberpunk 2077, I also don't mind when others do yet if I was asked "Did they deliver in terms of their marketing and overall quality?" I can't in good conscious say "Yes they did, because I enjoyed the game." Cause sure I enjoyed it, yet I know in all honesty they didn't deliver based on what they marketed and overall quality. That's just a fact not even an opinion, I could try to twist it around, but again can't really argue what's in front of me.

Regarding the tweet everybody knows what the car chases is, we can pretend that side quests/scripted moments is the car chases that the 2018 demo refurred to, or we can be real, and understand that the 2018 demo made car chases seem like they would be dynamic. Hence how it deceived many people, again you can twist it, but factually it's not what they lead people to believe.

In other threads I've posted in the same thing they did with car chases, they did that in some sort of fashion in their other marketing material. I mean simple one is how their style video insinuates a lot and was purposefully lead to do so, knowing that we can't dress no where near the likes of NPCs shown in the video.

I hope none of what I said is considered name calling, just being real, I can't fake it even if the game wasn't terrible in my experience. To the mods, if my post sounds harmful delete my post, don't lock the thread because the truth needs to be seen and discussed.

Not just the management either. Literally some people will see the facts right in front of them and do exactly this. It's whether or not we going to be real and honest or just do what this picture shows because I might've enjoyed it. I could say "Dang man, this Taco Supreme from taco bell was good!" then go on a website critiquing food on it's quality and give it a 10/10 because it was good to me. I can but if I'm being honest with myself and others, I can't cause it's not quality food.

Like I can enjoy Cyberpunk 2077, I also don't mind when others do yet if I was asked "Did they deliver in terms of their marketing and overall quality?" I can't in good conscious say "Yes they did, because I enjoyed the game." Cause sure I enjoyed it, yet I know in all honesty they didn't deliver based on what they marketed and overall quality. That's just a fact not even an opinion, I could try to twist it around, but again can't really argue what's in front of me.

Regarding the tweet everybody knows what the car chases is, we can pretend that side quests/scripted moments is the car chases that the 2018 demo refurred to, or we can be real, and understand that the 2018 demo made car chases seem like they would be dynamic. Hence how it deceived many people, again you can twist it, but factually it's not what they lead people to believe.

In other threads I've posted in the same thing they did with car chases, they did that in some sort of fashion in their other marketing material. I mean simple one is how their style video insinuates a lot and was purposefully lead to do so, knowing that we can't dress no where near the likes of NPCs shown in the video.

I hope none of what I said is considered name calling, just being real, I can't fake it even if the game wasn't terrible in my experience. To the mods, if my post sounds harmful delete my post, don't lock the thread because the truth needs to be seen and discussed.

I completely agree. I'm getting frustrated by their attempts at semantic evasion -- they're not very good at that either.

Holy moly, dev in disguise?

No counter argument, just sarcastic reply. If you have nothing to say, don't say anything or you can just start whining and type something like "holy moly dev in disguise". Classic, I'm not surprised.

2. Well you know that they had been stating on and on that the game would bare comparion to RDR2 in the interactivity. Where is that interactivity? People throwing around GTAs somehow forget that CDPR themselves played into the open world interactivity of the RDR2. And that game is from Rockstar and often even more interactive and ridden with activities than GTA.

Hm, Red Dead Redemption 2 have not shitton of activities like GTA, and if you talking about interactive what exactly do you mean? Like you can "talk" with random NPC? If you go to the shop where you was before, the merchant will remember you? I'd love to know what is this exactly mean. I'm not saying it's not true nor is it, but tell me what you'll imagine if someone say "Interactive world"? What you expect from the game with interactive world?

This sounds very true.

There is the feeling of some misguided idea that ”if a certain design/feature worked for Witcher, it will work here too” and then we see a hamfisted and crude copypaste job on a good number of features and design decisions (like dialog and itemization for examples, and the idea behind character systems.... to simply create a perfect killbot).
Astonishingly, they did lots of the core mechanics better in the Witcher games than in cyberpunk.
Imho, the Witcher 2 has l a better skill system with higher impact on the actual gameplay.
The Witcher 3 has the more interesting crafting (although it's still pretty rudimentary).

I mean it's nice that you get better with your weapons when you use them but world of warcraft did that when it came out a thousand years ago.

Buffs and consumables were also better in the Witcher games.

We expected to get more refined systems and not oversimplified versions of stuff that has been done 15 years ago.

Marketing materials including all nongameplay trailers and E3 presentations were promoting different game!
I would refund the game, but I like to keep all the disappointing games I purchase as reminders.
I have adopted an enough strikes and out system (some publishers/developers disappoint enough and I stop purchasing their products).
This year CDPR with "Cyberpunk 2077" made my probation list, I'll give this game approximately a year if nothing changes this will be the last CDPR purchase for me.
To date EA (after "Mass Effect: Andromeda"), Ubisoft (I don't even remember after which copy/paste game it was), EPIC (after EGS exclusives) have made my list, it would be a shame for CDPR to join them.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut and Shadowrun Hong Kong are two pretty cool Cyberpunk RPGs , although much less ambitious in terms of graphics and with different gameplay. But the decision/dialogue trees featured are quite good.
I've played (and liked) Shadowrun Hong Kong and I've played about 90% of RPGs released in the last 20 years, so my question was mostly rhetorical. Game with all those features has never been made and there's probably a good reason for that. My guess would be developers not having unlimited time, manpower and money. Thanks for response, anyway ;)

No counter argument, just sarcastic reply. If you have nothing to say, don't say anything or you can just start whining and type something like "holy moly dev in disguise". Classic, I'm not surprised.

Hm, Red Dead Redemption 2 have not shitton of activities like GTA, and if you talking about interactive what exactly do you mean? Like you can "talk" with random NPC? If you go to the shop where you was before, the merchant will remember you? I'd love to know what is this exactly mean. I'm not saying it's not true nor is it, but tell me what you'll imagine if someone say "Interactive world"? What you expect from the game with interactive world?

Yes they do remember you in RDR2, NPCs that you have saved their lives or helped them will often offer you a reward if they find you in a later encounter. If you go to a saloon and start a fight, the saloon will later close for repairs and bartender will make remarks about your actions.

The town sheriff will remember you, if you commit mischiefs and towns folks will tell you off. Any more questions? Cyberpunk 77 may only wish to have the same kind of immersion that RDR2 has.

well.. its all arguable..

1. check, mature=nude / brutal= sever body parts / rich futuristic world=Night City
2. check, non liniar story= you can chose what to do next / life and detail= life is there... just not the best, but detail.. oh boy. i love it
come to think of it... isnt it kinda rare you see pedestrians walking on the sideway in GTA V? there are only few every 100-200m or not?
3 kinda checkd, advanced RPG mechanics=converted to actionbased rpg, personaly i think they did a good job
(also even BG3 gets bashed because it isnt rue to the rules... rofl)
4. kinda checked different char classes=switched to a skill based sytem
5. check, gigantic weapon arsenal with upgrades and cyberware=all in the game, some people even think its to much
6. check (at last for me), new standarts and exeptional gaming expirience=most immersive city, lots of detail, finaly again a good 1st person gameplay

for me they didnt lie

and yes..
the game has flaws
and no, its not perfect

1. Most of the nudity was removed: no nude strippers (they are more dressed than normal people on the street LOL), you can't be naked in first person and in photo mod, even during sex scene.

2. The story IS linear, most dialogues don't do anything and when you have choises they don't impact the world around you in any way.

You can unlock all the endings simply by choosing them before the final mission

There is no life in the city, NPCs just walk randomly and some of them are just static and never move (like the two police officers trying to arrest the thug outside our appartament since the start of the game. Major NPCs don't do anything outside story missions.

3. RPG mechanics are mostly broken/unbalanced, many stats don't do much, some abilities and perks are completely useless, hacking is OP and the worst thing is that there is almost no enemy AI. (Also you can't see the level of the enemy you are facing, like... how could they forgot that... in a supposed RPG...) the only good thing is that shooting is ok i guess.

4. Again: most perks are useless like the 90% of crafting skills and perks are useless because crafting is unbalanced. Upgrating armor and weapons cost too much and dosen't change stats that much, its more effective to simply loot better weapons from enemies.

5. "Gicantic weapon arsenal".

I would say, mediocre variety of weapons.

6. "new standarts and exeptional gaming expirience=most immersive city, lots of detail, finaly again a good 1st person gameplay"

I don't even know what to say...
New standards?!
What standards??
This game barely reach standards set by games from 10-12 years ago...

(Also, first person seems broken too, the point of view seems set at your neck, not your eyes)

That means you can interact with the world. You can buy most things you see on rdr2, you can talk to people, yeah, although not something groundbreaking, it's still much better than cyberpunk one liners. You feel like a part of the world, where you can actually do most stuff npcs are doing. And million of other things.
I didn't like rdr2 cuz the game felt dull on the story and mission part. I liked Witcher a lot more. Because it had clear amazing side quests. Interesting decisions. When it came to cyberpunk I wasn't overly happy with them actually comparing it to rdr2. But it took the worst things from both Witcher 3 and rdr2. You have world that feels lifeless (that might have been sometimes the case with Witcher), but where it could take the interesting quests, it went with rdr2 streamline. There are no choices. So in the end we got noninteractive open world with quests that are often just incredibly dull in my opinion.
And by the way. The number of locked doors and locked out part of Pacifica begs to differ how open the world actually is. So what did we get in the end? Division with much worse gunplay?

I am sorry but you have pretty low standard if you think this is a 10/10 game. I am gaming for more then 20 years and this is an average game at most It also have average reviews from the players 7/10 is pretty average in my opinion. (Valhalla has 7.6/10 and would you say its and exceptional game? )
ah well..
i play since 1987 on my Commodore 116, good for you that you play for ~20years
belive what you whant, but in my opinion its the best game of 2020.. and maybe will be 2021
and AC Valhalla...
i did play it, 99% completion because there are sill some quests not working
and its still full of other bugs like skills not working
and some stuff did make it unplayable on release... sounds familar i guess

and i just cant play AC Valhalla a 2nd time, because the game was just booring and a donwgraded version of Odyssey, my personal opion
after ~50% of the game you knew who Loki is, most of the cult people didnt even take place in the main story or even side quests, if you even wanna call those shit mini quests side quests

just show me a citiy on this scale that is better detailed (some buildings or streets of NC could be buildings in real life)
if you disbelive it... just search for Morphologis: An Architect review
you say you turn around and people disapear??
i did try that today a couple of times... didnt happen to me on a scale like you discribe it
and no... even 200 so called braindead NPCs make the game more alive then 5-10 NPCs every few 100m
i even looked for identical looking NPCs... hard to find...you sound like every 5th npc looks like a clon

well maybe those are consol problems... i dont know..

and like i did say so many times befor.. i love this story
it got me so many times by supprise,
i did feal excitement, i did feal sadness..
i even did sob a bit at Jackys death, or his funeral,
or when everyone calls you at the credits
for me it was a wilde ride of emotions...
Sinnerman quest comes into mind
so many good eastereggs hidden

if you didnt like the game.. fine by me, i respect your opinion
but you have absolutly no right to tell me, that i cant like the game because you or other people dont like it

and i got my vallue already out of the game...and still getting more
played ~250h.. for a singleplayer games thats kinda impressive in my book

Last edited:
ah well..
i play since 1987 on my Commodore 116, good for you that you play for ~20years
belive what you whant, but in my opinion its the best game of 2020.. and maybe will be 2021
and AC Valhalla...
i did play it, 99% because there are sill some quests not working
and its still full of other bugs like skills not working
and some stuff did make it unplayable on release... sounds familar i guess

and i just cant play AC Valhalla a 2nd time, because the game was just booring and a donwgraded version of Odyssey, my personal opion
after ~50% of the game you knew who Loki is, most of the cult people didnt even take place in the main story or even side quests, if you even wanna call those shit mini quests side quests

just show me a citiy on this scale that is better detailed (some buildings or streets of NC could be buildings in real life)
if you disbelive it... just search for Morphologis: An Architect review
you say you turn around and people disapear??
i did try that today a couple of times... didnt happen to me on a scale like you discribe it
and no... even 200 so called braindead NPCs make the game more alive then 5-10 NPCs every view 100m
i even looked for identical looking NPCs... hard to find...you sound like every 5th npc looks like a clon

well maybe those are consol problems... i dont know..

and like i did say so many times befor.. i love this story
it got me so many times by supprise,
i did feal excitement, i did feal sadness..
i even did sob a bit at Jackys death, or his funeral,
or when everyone calls you at the credits
for me it was a wilde ride of emotions...
Sinnerman quest comes into mind
so many good eastereggs hidden

if you didnt like the game.. fine by me, i respect your opinion
but you have absolutly no right to tell me, that i cant like the game because you or other people dont like it

Noone tried to tell you no to enjoy the game. A big city that is this much alive could be literally any GTA city I guess, but you are right they are smaller in scale. But in my opinion that is not a bad thing, since this megalomaniac approach got CDPR where it is now. Deep under.

after seeing Adam's response I feel that CDPR is still not listening to consumers. I feel that Dev's and the rest of the team truly wanted to deliver on the vision. But leaks regarding Adam's involvement to change the course of the game for some reason and cut content is proving that leaks were right all along. Head screwed over big time. I really hope CDPR gets the wake-up call otherwise I'm not seeing a bright future for this so awesome and such high potential studio which have so many talented devs being crumbled because of mistakes and poor decisions of heads like Adam.
If we assume for 5 Minutes that it is true, that they started all new as A. Badowksi jumped the carreer ladder up and he turned things over, it is totally normal that he say: that's it, nothing cut, good game, 9/10. It is his vision of the game. Minus that what they couldn't fabricate in the short time. And many don't like it or a disappointed, so he is getting defense.

Every time Adam B. talks, I lose a little more faith in the future of the game, the IP, and the company.

I see nothing remotely helpful or insightful in his comments, including attacking his former employees.
A secret from me to you: I don't think that CDPR can make a turn, as long he (and mybe a few others, who are not in public) is on board.
Not trying to be mean, but i'm sure about that.

Man this Game REALLY Cutting the CDPR Community in Half lol

Honestly, A lot of it stems from CDPR's own Words. A poor Excuse is always "The Media Over Hyped It" and of course the whole "You Overly Hyped yourself". That's one hell of a Lazy Excuse to go Against peoples Criticism for the game. Just because your Standards are So low doesn't mean the Product you got is That Amazing. Not Everyone got THAT Hyped for the game. No One Set those Standards and Expectations for CDPR. They did it Themselves, no one had to do it for them. You don't go around Bragging and Boasting that "This Game is going to Break Genres" and so on only to Under Deliver. Their Not EA, Ubisoft, hell even Bethesda. (But now, at this point. Their Grouped with them now.) Their CDPR. Normally, you take their Words for it. Hell they KEPT Saying this game will be Better that The Witcher and so on. Practice What You Preach.
Honestly, a lot of CDPR talks on everything is all Double Speak. TECHNICLY their not Wrong, everything they Shown is TECHNICLY in the game. So TECHNICLY they didn't Lie about Anything. I mean, other than the Console BS. the only thing they have going against them is a lot of the Interviews, Conferences and Shows. Bragging and everything.
IMHO, the game is a Major Disappointment. And how CDPR is handling it, their going to Run it to the Ground if their not Careful, probably why they aren't responding to anything involving the game that isn't Consoles.
CP2077 is a Mediocre Game at Best.
There's nothing there that Really Blows me away other than it's Name. Cyberpunk 2077.
Though to those who can Play the game and Have a Blast With It, Awesome. Jealous of you. Totes Jelly. It's not my Place nor anyone else to tell other's how to Play and Enjoy the Game.

Hell, EVEN I was Skeptical on their Talks about how Crazy their game was going to be. Like Each NPC, Individually Coded and Designed with their own Day to Day things, Yae the Fuck Right.

I just wanted a solid RPG, I don't care if it was revolutionary or not (more like I didn't believe it either) as long as I could sink hours and hours trying out different paths, choices, discovering more of side characters and such. What I got was a buggy linear mess with an illusion of choice that goes against branching narrative. And now Adam trying to save face isn't encouraging to think that game can be salvageable...

Can you recommend to me a few of those "actually good RPGs" with all of these features you just listed?
Planescape: Torment. Not the best if you like party fighting, but it is the gold standard of how to tell a story. No, I don't really know what is main quest and what is side quest, not with any kind of accuracy. Do note that the game is very old and intensely text-based.

And for me, it is also the gold standard of game atmosphere. I have *never*, in some twenty odd years of playing games instead of having a sensible social life, felt the same way about a game world that I did with PST. It is mind-blowingly good. As good as a game of that era can be, anyway. Tech was limited, hardware was limited, and Black Isle Studio wasn't a big player.

You want another "actually good RPG", there's always Fallout 2. If you want more action-heavy combat-oriented adventury titles then Gothic 2 and for a more modern repeat of largely the same type of gameplay, Risen 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom