EE: Poor performance and blurry textures

+
EE: Poor performance and blurry textures

I've been trying to get the game running for three days now and while I got some improvements, it's still running pretty bad.WinXP SP 3Athlon II X2 245 2.91 GHzRadeon HD 4600 (Asus EAH4650 [1GB]), Catalyst 11.22.00 GB RAMWhen I installed the game performance was just awful, but deactivating Anti-Aliasing gave the game a massive boost. At 1680x1050 I can manage without that.But I also experience a permanent stutter about every secons when the image stops for a tiny moment before resuming. This is barely noticable at high fps but becomes really horrible when fps drop below 30.And I think when I first started the game at high quality settings, it looked really good. But now almost all textures look very blurry and they look that way when I set the texture slider at low, medium, or high. They alsways look the same at each setting. I already tried setting lighting to minimum as well as lots of tips for such problems suggest, but it also has no effect at all.As of now, the game is somewhat playable, but looks just awful. I know the engine is horribly badly programmed, but some people seem to be able to run the game reasonably well, so I hope there's some chance to get it running in a somewhat decent way.Any help is appreciated.

Are you running with the 1.5 patch ? If not i would suggest getting it .There are several in game settings you could try especially in the advanced tab set AF to no more than 4, disable Depth of Field, shadow texture to low or medium , grass quality to medium ,small animals number to fewAlso shut down all unnecessary programs and make an exception in your antivirus program for The Witcher folder

Top Bottom