Where is the news for 1.2 ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let them check their security first, then you may ask for the patch.
This launch and the months later on are just a trainwreck of 4 trains a whale falling down
and a duck being the reason for it all.

That CDPR got compromised doesn't help the work on the patches, is what i want to say.
So before you start harrassing them, just be patient. Others we aren't able to call out here
were impatient and now look where that brought us. CDPR burned through their reputation
completely.

Point is, just wait ok... give the devs the time they need to bring back cut system/ content
and fix the issues. You ll still have time to complain in 2022 ;)

I don't understand people saying that the hack will delay the patch? Why? The developers are working on the patch, the hack is a concern of the higher ups and the legal team.
Because they have a) investigate how that happened b) secure the tech c) rollout the backups, what is a little more then a Windows installation. Would be double L if the same thing happens next month again.
How could a developer develop without a PC, tools, network, server bla.?
Paper and pencil will not work. You can sent everybody home for a few days.

I know from three incidents: 1-3 days it took to go back to normal and that wasn't that heavy.
And I got the impression that it was a) a massive hack or b) CDPR didn't 🤔 secure their units from each other properly, because their was so different data stolen. From source code to HR to investor papers. Know what I mean?
That can happen if the user-administration is not öhm, optimized or if a superduper-passwort/client is hacked first, who got access to almost everything. And then the hell breaks loose, PCs get shut down brutal, panic, screaming, everybody is running, even if it makes no sense, men are crying like little babies and holding each other...:oops:

Remembers me of my first workplace, where my Boss wrote a panic-mail to everybody that there was a mail worm on the run.
And WHO hammered on the file and killed half of the infrastructure (the other half was MACs) in 2 seconds for the rest of the day?
Jipp, he did :facepalm:. Pro :ok:.

Because they have a) investigate how that happened b) secure the tech c) rollout the backups, what is a little more then a Windows installation. Would be double L if the same thing happens next month again.
How could a developer develop without a PC, tools, network, server bla.?
Paper and pencil will not work. You can sent everybody home for a few days.

I know from three incidents: 1-3 days it took to go back to normal and that wasn't that heavy.
And I got the impression that it was a) a massive hack or b) CDPR didn't 🤔 secure their units from each other properly, because their was so different data stolen. From source code to HR to investor papers. Know what I mean?
That can happen if the user-administration is not öhm, optimized or if a superduper-passwort/client is hacked first, who got access to almost everything. And then the hell breaks loose, PCs get shut down brutal, panic, screaming, everybody is running, even if it makes no sense, men are crying like little babies and holding each other...:oops:

Remembers me of my first workplace, where my Boss wrote a panic-mail to everybody that there was a mail worm on the run.
And WHO hammered on the file and killed half of the infrastructure (the other half was MACs) in 2 seconds for the rest of the day?
Jipp, he did :facepalm:. Pro :ok:.
seems like good times were had

It's barely halfway through February so we still have a ways to go considering the last patch waited until the last day before releasing and it makes sense too so as to get as many bugs squashes as possible.

The only news I want to hear is news that the patch has landed then I can read at what all it fixes and download and install it.

I don't understand people saying that the hack will delay the patch? Why? The developers are working on the patch, the hack is a concern of the higher ups and the legal team.
The hackers encrypted some of CDPR's servers, which requires reloading all of the servers that were impacted. We don't know the extent of the damage, but it is a fair bet to say that it is going to be worse than what they make it sound like. They might not have even known the whole impact when they made their announcements.

I am sure that CDPR does not have an army of IT people. They built their IT infrastructure over years. These now parts of this need to rebuilt, and they don't have years to do it. Depending on what needs to be fixed, it could be hours, days, or weeks before the developers, builders (code compiles), and QA can get back to anything resembling normal.

On top of that, we know they have backups, but we don't know what they back up, or how often. We don't know if source code in development was damaged because the hackers hit before it could be backed up. While the core game code is apparently backed up, if they damaged the original code on the server, it is possible that developers are now spending time re-creating fixes for 1.2 that were lost.

The hackers encrypted some of CDPR's servers, which requires reloading all of the servers that were impacted. We don't know the extent of the damage, but it is a fair bet to say that it is going to be worse than what they make it sound like. They might not have even known the whole impact when they made their announcements.

I am sure that CDPR does not have an army of IT people. They built their IT infrastructure over years. These now parts of this need to rebuilt, and they don't have years to do it. Depending on what needs to be fixed, it could be hours, days, or weeks before the developers, builders (code compiles), and QA can get back to anything resembling normal.

On top of that, we know they have backups, but we don't know what they back up, or how often. We don't know if source code in development was damaged because the hackers hit before it could be backed up. While the core game code is apparently backed up, if they damaged the original code on the server, it is possible that developers are now spending time re-creating fixes for 1.2 that were lost.

On top of that, I imagine that even if they manage to restore data from backup, they will need to verify if there's no malicious code there. It could have been sitting in their infrastructure for some time before the hack actually went through.

Even if they did release an announcement I wouldn't pay too much attention until AFTER downloading it. Not exactly a trustworthy company.

Yeah it's getting tiring for everyone all that, 2 months since the game was released, in patch there really wasn't much ... and now this story, honestly it's depressing for the players as well as for CDPR. .. I think there is a can saturation for all. I think after 400 hours of playing for me, I'm going to put the game away and see maybe a year from now, I dunno. :rolleyes:

Oh gosh. I don't know. I wouldn't put too much stock in the next patch fixing a whole lot. Unless you are playing on console. In which case you deserve a bug free game and free pizza. I think 1.2 will be mostly focused on consoles.

I'm thinking by June it should be smooth on all platforms. End of year we may see 1 or 2 major additions and improved systems.

Not gonna hold my breath. The "hacking" incident might have thrown a few monkeys and wrenches in the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom