Gruesome violence?

+
It's not anything I want to play... I don't play lots of games because I don;t like the character I am supposed to play. Hell the New GTA I am actually trepidatious about because I don;t like any of the characters... I don;t want to play a young street thug, I don;t want to play a middle aged white dude, and I damn sure don't want to play the balding meth addict looking redneck... I will play the game because it offers so much more, but I really hate the characters I am forced to play.

I on the contrary I'm quite excited for these characters. Trevor would allow for gamers who find contradicting how characters like Niko can be regretful about things they did that matter storywise and not care for the old ladies they ran over in the process, if you don't want to profanate the more acceptable character or the one loaded with the more redeeming values, you pick him and go on rampages. The in-a-midlife crisis Michael... I can't wait to see that. Franklin seems pretty CJ (sounds similar, seems to be in the same gang and seems to have a "Sweet" and a "Kendl"... and a wife? so a more mature CJ, could be cool...), which may be the time when they started giving GTA protagonists redeeming values (or things Rockstar didn't want to touch at the time, like they didn't seem to want to make the protagonist neither a druggie nor a pusher), and to some it did resonate that time, to some it didn't... but I'm curious about what he does, being a repo-man which can be kind of a gray area. And he's got a dog.

I know the world of cyberpunk is all about exaggeration, but I would like the blood and injury physics to be realistic, i.e. close to real life physics. Of course, some "garnish" might be needed to ensure that the visual impact is prominent, but overall I wouldn't like anything too exuberant lest the game borders on being a cartoon.

My cyberpunk world isn't. The corporate control might be exaggerated, as well as the U.S. collapse...but maybe not. A glimpse at both our world today and history's treatment of empires in the past show that perhaps the Cyberpunk setting is not such a stretch after all.

As for the rest of the setting, only the gleeful embrace and lightning progress of augmentation is really exaggerated. As Mike P. says, Cyberpunk is really any after-midnight location in the bad part of your city. No exaggeration necessary.

I know what you mean, but that's not what I was talking about, though I could have used a better word than "world"; I like the bit about the after midnight location, nice touch on Mike's part.

I was referring to aesthetic and stylistic exaggeration, and this property is inherent to anything punk, really. And I don't mind it at all, I'm just saying the violence physics don't need to be as bold as the other game aesthetics.

Manhunt 2 is still my favorite stealth game, because of the violence.

The Last Of Us multiplayer and single player are extremely violent and extremely fun.

Cyberpunk should add execution animations with all the weapons and ways to kill.

I guess that it comes down to the fact that violence for violence's sake doesn't titillate me. Maybe it did when I was younger and had seen less, but I don't really remember. Have the violence be a part of the story telling, make it visceral(If you don't know what that means it is something like emotionally impacting) and make it context appropriate. By that I mean, we all don't start off as a Cyberpsycho but we can aspire to it.

I'm in for violence and gruesome finishers - especially for those "bad guys" you hate from the story. Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex or Dishonored comes to mind or - not looking far: Witcher 1 & 2 level of finishing enemies. Punisher was silly at times (while gruesome) but manhunt feels really cruel & brutal... and scary as he killed people in realistic (non-holywood) ways.

I still think the 'gore' level should be tied to the characters Empathy/Humanity. The lower that level, the more sadistic the character should be. Higher Humanity levels should mean 'cleaner' kills and less gore. Exploding skulls, dismembered limbs and elaborate executions should be the reserve of those with low humanity levels.

I'm now thinking that this game should have moderate rated r type of violence. not too much. why? because I live in Aussie land and they are cracking down over here, yeah saints row 4 has been banned here, sux big time.

Well. You are a land populated entirely by criminals. You obviously cannot be trusted not to confuse vidyagames with Real Life.

This came up in another thread - so far, CDPR have simply provided censored versions in countries that require it, rather than letting it affect their design world-wide. The same will presumably apply to CP77, if necessary.

I hope the Aussie version of the game gets censored so that when you decapitate someone, My Little Pony' spill out of their neck...

This came up in another thread - so far, CDPR have simply provided censored versions in countries that require it, rather than letting it affect their design world-wide. The same will presumably apply to CP77, if necessary.

so i think i need to get a english version of the game cause my country will probably censore it....

Give me realism. It can be brutal, but don't make it ridiculous. Hated when in Dragon Age 2 enemies exploded when I shield bashed'em.
Didn't have any problem with Human Revolution finishers but I'd rather take Witcher 2 finishers that don't pop up so much and feel like you're still in control.

I wonder how far you can go with materials and wires instead of blood and guts...
woops<- watch out Arise spoiler

Ghost in the Shell is making this good

Don't watch if you didn't play Quake 4 and planing to play it someday:
[video=youtube;C0Tg-Kpjazk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Tg-Kpjazk[/video]

Top Bottom