The little things...

+
Sorry for coming bit late for this topic. Kept reading it last 1,5 hours :p
We've probably got a couple of years before the game hits beta. I hardly think your 'late' :D

Didn't you guys play New Vegas with hardcore mode? Bullets had weight, you were required to drink, eat and sleep. All that made the game much better in my opinion. Most frequent was the drinking and but even that wasn't too often.
It added a level of deperation, which was perfect for the game. I realise that 2077 should not be about surviving against the odds in this manner. As much as I like the idea of needing food and drink to keep our character alive, I no longer think it would give the right impression of the game.
That said, I do want sleeping, eating and drinking in the game and I do want it to serve a purpose. Now, I don't want 'stat' bonuses, but I don't mind 'circumstantial' bonuses to specific actions. I stated before that being well rested and well fed are good for concentration, so perhaps this could be shown by a temporary bonus to XP and certain actions needing concentration, (like codebreaking, hacking or other precision tasks.)

On a less serious note...pissing etc. Yeah and I want to be able to do it in first person. Maybe have a minigame where you have to pull out your junk, aim and take care of the drops.... And of course we would need different animations for male and female.
I think stuff like this works in comedic games like Duke Nukem, but I really don't think it has a place in other games, including 2077.

That said, I do want sleeping, eating and drinking in the game and I do want it to serve a purpose. Now, I don't want 'stat' bonuses, but I don't mind 'circumstantial' bonuses to specific actions. I stated before that being well rested and well fed are good for concentration, so perhaps this could be shown by a temporary bonus to XP and certain actions needing concentration, (like codebreaking, hacking or other precision tasks.)
Apparently I got censored :D

I usually don't care for XP bonuses since you mostly see them in mmos where they're totally useless since you'll reach the level cap eventually anyways. I'd be ok with them if I'd be damn sure we don't have level cap or anything like it. Fallout 3 and Arcanum come to mind in games where I reached cap way before the end and it killed the mood a bit.
Witcher 2 had level cap of 35, but I didn't ever reach it.

Apparently I got censored :D

I usually don't care for XP bonuses since you mostly see them in mmos where they're totally useless since you'll reach the level cap eventually anyways. I'd be ok with them if I'd be damn sure we don't have level cap or anything like it. Fallout 3 and Arcanum come to mind in games where I reached cap way before the end and it killed the mood a bit.
Witcher 2 had level cap of 35, but I didn't ever reach it.
There are no "character levels" in the interlock system, so I don't see whay a cap would be needed in '77. I simply think that 2 or 3 hours, (in game time,) of increase XP gain could be a good justification for remaining well fed and rested. Heck, you could give penalties if you go too long without it. I would also think that some stimulants could offset the penalties, at least for a time, though they should never give the bonuses of actual food and sleep.

Here's an idea: tech should be more likely to malfunction or get damaged because of weather depending on quality.
I think this relies on 2 questions being answered:

1 - How should tech malfunctions be represented?
This is not something I had previously considered. I am kind of at a loss as to how these glitches and malfuctions should work.

2 - What weather should be represented?
I have no idea as to the current weather patterns around the area 200 miles north of LA. I would love to see seasonal weather patterns displayed within the game though. I know acid rain and polution are big problems for many cities in 2020, Night City included.

This is not something I had previously considered. I am kind of at a loss as to how these glitches and malfuctions should work.

I have no idea as to the current weather patterns around the area 200 miles north of LA. I would love to see seasonal weather patterns displayed within the game though. I know acid rain and polution are big problems for many cities in 2020, Night City included.

ad1. - itsa wide topic have no idea really...

ad.2 - knowing something about urban environments I can say that veery generally big cities output in terms of thermal energy, pollution etc. often together with its geographical location and physical surroundings creates certain urban microclimate. Its been investigated that such atmospheric phenomena like hail/sleet/thunderstorms occur much more frequently over highly urbanized areas than in rural ones... :cool: Also there is widely known phenomenon linked to the cities called UHI - Urban Heat Island which stands basically for the abillity of the cities to accumulate heat <--- Thre are obviously multiple scientific reasons for these but I would not elaborate further on, unless asked to ofcourse :p

Really cool questions, both of those- there are so many possibilities..I don't have any special ideas, though.

I also think it might be interesting to leave your malfunctioning weapons for enemies, and watch it back fire on them.

Here's an idea: tech should be more likely to malfunction or get damaged because of weather depending on quality.

Why weather?

I mean cyber is going to have to be water resistant, otherwise no cyberpunk is ever going to be able to take a shower... Any amount of hot or cold that would effect them would effect the flesh they are attached too much more severely....

Okay, that just goes into the nitty-gritty-silly. Pretty soon we'll be changing the batteries on our cyber, swapping out magazines when the springs start to go and sining our cyber-murder-puppies lullabies because ti autotunes their sonar locators.

Why weather?

I mean cyber is going to have to be water resistant, otherwise no cyberpunk is ever going to be able to take a shower... Any amount of hot or cold that would effect them would effect the flesh they are attached too much more severely....

right

I assume there is some invisibility cloaking tech? Wouldn't it be cool if you could spot (or get spotted) cloeaked people when it starts to rain. And not meaning some electrical effect but by just observing how the raindrops behave. Wouldn't even be too far fetched since I think Witcher 3 has pretty sophisticated weather system that affects different things.

Or you could just throw paint on a cloaker :)

I assume there is some invisibility cloaking tech? Wouldn't it be cool if you could spot (or get spotted) cloeaked people when it starts to rain. And not meaning some electrical effect but by just observing how the raindrops behave. Wouldn't even be too far fetched since I think Witcher 3 has pretty sophisticated weather system that affects different things.

There is a form cloaking technology in 2020. It was discussed in depth in one of the other threads, just can't remember which.

It used a similar process to this real world invention:

A bit like a less effective version of GitS's Thermoptic Camo:

The main 'invisibility' features were the IR, thermal and radar damping elements. It was more about stealth than invisibility. It granted a fairly minor bonus to avoiding detection.

But yes, it would be very cool to see raindrops hitting 'invisible' targets if CDPR use this sort of tech in the game.

such details would be awesome

I dont know if these are small or little things really but I've played Deus Ex HR recently and since the CP'77 the rpg of your dreams disscuss weight limits right now I'll put it here:

1. No silly pavement width streets ( up to scale environment plz)

2. no credit chips/money on the streets everywhere SO STUPID!

3. level and size of loots adjusted to the place/location rang when I stumble into the lowest standard housing(bassically slums) I do get veeery low loots and money if any when I go to exterminate some special ops renegades inside a hightech lab and offices I get much higher loots I thought its logical! And why would special ops take their money on the job??? WTF EIDOS? R U THAT RETARDED? I have sentiment for this company because of all the comandos series tho...

4. fully interactive map interface, I want to able to:
- mark some places
-make notes
-turn it around in orbital mode no more hillarious zoom in zoom out and now slide right slide down zoom in again and 10 mins later Ohhh yeah look the spot is here DAMN you EIDOS! Its not that hard to make an orbital navigation for a fuckin map I guess check out any basic 3D program .... Jeez

5. fast travelling mode! Its 2077 Goddamitt!

6.Smart AI - no standing in front of you and pretending that you want to outmanouver me and back up just DO TRY TO OUTMANOUVER ME...

and the worst thing is that that game could be so good but those things ruin it... :(

Oh yeah on last thing: PLEASE USE SOME OTHER GEOMETRICAL SHAPES APART FROM PENTAGONS! pentagons everywhere Eidos is sooo much pentagonous minded damn!...

1. No silly pavement width streets ( up to scale environment plz)
Seconded, and Thirded...

2. no credit chips/money on the streets everywhere SO STUPID!
Very good point. I don't know if CDPR will go with a 'cash' model or a 'digital money' model. Either way, cash doesn't get left on the floor all that often. Pockets, yes. Bedside tables, yes. Bins and rubbish piles, no.

I also hope that, if credit chips are used, we have to crack them to get the cash, not just 'transfer' the funds to my account. If we can't do this ourselves, (if we don't have the skill or if the process is not available to use,) then we should barter them to fixers who can do it, for a cut of the value. And of course, if the card is known or found to be missing, then the card should become all but worthless.

Just like 2020.

3. level and size of loots adjusted to the place/location rang when I stumble into the lowest standard housing(bassically slums) I do get veeery low loots and money if any when I go to exterminate some special ops renegades inside a hightech lab and offices I get much higher loots I thought its logical! And why would special ops take their money on the job??? WTF EIDOS? R U THAT RETARDED? I have sentiment for this company because of all the comandos series tho...
Situational loot, yes. Now obviously, the poorest area's will be homes to gangs and such, so they should have some stuff thats statsy now and again.

4. fully interactive map interface, I want to able to:
-mark some places
-make notes
-turn it around in orbital mode no more hillarious zoom in zoom out and now slide right slide down zoom in again and 10 mins later Ohhh yeah look the spot is here DAMN you EIDOS! Its not that hard to make an orbital navigation for a fuckin map I guess check out any basic 3D program .... Jeez
Yes please!

5. fast travelling mode! Its 2077 Goddamitt!
Goes without saying. I am pretty sure TW3 has it.

6.Smart AI - no standing in front of you and pretending that you want to outmanouver me and back up just DO TRY TO OUTMANOUVER ME...
Again, yes please!

Okay to not be sooo very critical about Deus Ex:HR ... There some things which I like:

-cut scenes!
-plot pretty much
-mimicsare quite good better than TW2 for sure
-inventory /hacking(although too easy even in hard mode)/augs are cool but the exp should reserved for skills than for augs but hey thats what the game's like...its not a rpg really

Its good but you feel its sooo limited and scaled dwon somewhat,... If CDPR can combine Deus Ex but avoiding its mistakes, Skyrim skill system and open world, Cyberpunk 2020 pen paper mehcanics and world aaand CDPR genius plot and style then it would be SOMETHING HUUUUGE! That's my recipe for the game. The cyber chef should check it out! ;)

Taking inspiration from the Favourite Guns thread in the PnP subforum, how do we feel about weapons jamming and/or failing due to ammo quality?

Top Bottom