Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

+
Joystiq93 said:
Flash is there anyway to just completely replace the roll to a Pirouette instead of in certain danger situations, or at least have it change when you in combat. Firstly because its fairly challenging to predict when Geralt will start using it. Second I have noticed no major changes in its functionality its more a cosmetic change if i'm correct.

I support this idea, if Flash is not going to change it, perhaps someone else who is skilled enough with the redkit could do it?

Simply cosmetic change, the piroutte?
Gods, I don't know how many times I have been saved by it.
I am not sure, but isn't piroutte a bit faster than normal roll and covers more distance.
Yeah though its more like older Long Roll, but it looks more awesome to me.

Code:
"- Fixed Resonating Crystals not being affected by Aard and Igni in The Secrets of Loc Muinne quest."

Does this mean the Iorveth path is broken until the update or is this just a minor sidequest that you can sidestep a bit until the update? Im playing iorveth path for first time and havnt seen that quest before.

rethla said:
Code:
"- Fixed Resonating Crystals not being affected by Aard and Igni in The Secrets of Loc Muinne quest."

Does this mean the Iorveth path is broken until the update or is this just a minor sidequest that you can sidestep a bit until the update? Im playing iorveth path for first time and havnt seen that quest before.

It's a sidequest.

rethla said:
Code:

It's pretty minor, if I recall correctly. It's definitely not needed to complete the game (I think it gets you a neat sword... hopefully you don't consider that spoilers)

Well yeah that's pretty much the beauty of this being a mod is that someone else can probably take it and add even more tweaks to it themselves that other people would want (e.g. permanent pirouette, tweaked potion duration). I mean this is Flash's mod after all that he is doing on his own free time and since it is a mod, he's doing it for free. Certain disgruntled people should cut him more slack. However, many of us are probably pretty happy with the changes, despite having lots of bugs.

RisingJTR said:
Simply cosmetic change, the piroutte?
Gods, I don't know how many times I have been saved by it.
I am not sure, but isn't piroutte a bit faster than normal roll and covers more distance.
Yeah though its more like older Long Roll, but it looks more awesome to me.
It seems to be faster but he covers the same distance and its the same effect. I'm just waiting for flash to confirm if this is true or if there is a game play change involved. Even so the pirouette is far from game breaking and when used with the mod is a nice addition to the combat so i really see no balance issues that could arise. Again I have no idea other than what I have played so I could be 100 percent off.

Why don`t you put the source for this awesome mod in GitHub and write a brief Getting started. People could contribute with their fixes.

Oconnell said:
The Mod has an installer. That means you should be able to uninstall it the way you uninstall any other software in your computer. Just go to Control Panel and then to Uninstall a Program. It should be listed there as Full Combat Rebalance 2.

I tried that and although the items specs and skills rolled back to vanilla, the new spells, auto-block, pirouette and other stuff remained. How do I fix that ?

probably because he wants it to finish first wihtout ppl creating a dozen off-spin mods based on a buggy first release.

mothra said:
probably because he wants it to finish first wihtout ppl creating a dozen off-spin mods based on a buggy first release.

But it also could speed its own development. People can always merge new fixes at anytime. Besides that`s the open source philosophy. Anyway, now or later, I hope he put its source somewhere (GitHub, BitBucket, whatever).

I`m dying to know how he made that pre-learned skills thing. :p/>

darkfire1o6 said:
Pointless. Just gather more ingredients and make more Cat potions or modify it yourself. 10 minutes is enough considering you only need it a couple of times throughout the course of the game. So I'd rather it stay as it is.
OK, this is just my opinion. When I had some problems with short duration of potions, it was with a Cat potion. I have no problem with obtaining materials, but with going in meditation 4 times during mission and seeing the same lengthy drinking animation again and again. I just thought it would be fine if Geralt didn't need to drink one potion multiple times during one mission.

BaalCZ said:
OK, this is just my opinion. When I had some problems with short duration of potions, it was with a Cat potion. I have no problem with obtaining materials, but with going in meditation 4 times during mission and seeing the same lengthy drinking animation again and again. I just thought it would be fine if Geralt didn't need to drink one potion multiple times during one mission.
As I said, modify it yourself with REDKit or whatever... Not everyone's gonna want to meditate each time after they take a Cat potion...

Not sure if this is known or not but Summer Solstice DLC isn't showing up in the abillities tab... and it also doesn't affect Quen in any way. Not sure about Winter Solstice since I didn''t get that far because I'm waiting for the update. And I also coudn't find any of the other DLC items like the herbalist's gloves and such...

darkfire1o6 said:
Not sure if this is known or not but Summer Solstice DLC isn't showing up in the abillities tab... and it also doesn't affect Quen in any way. Not sure about Winter Solstice since I didn''t get that far because I'm waiting for the update. And I also coudn't find any of the other DLC items like the herbalist's gloves and such...
There's a readme, you know................

Zanderat said:
There's a readme, you know................ />/>
Doesn't say anything about summer solstice and winter solstice so you can go plough yourself. And that clearly shows you didn't actually read it and act all high and fucking mighty for nothing. Pathetic...

concering cat potion: what is that ? I made 50 flare bombs, problem solved.
cat potion is also so non-geralt. what did he get those mutated eyes for ? just for looks ? :D

mothra said:
concering cat potion: what is that ? I made 50 flare bombs, problem solved.
cat potion is also so non-geralt. what did he get those mutated eyes for ? just for looks ? :D/>

You know mothra, i always though Geralt drank cat in the opening CG for the first Witcher, you know when it just becomes night time and he fights the Striga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMhLnRAt7eo

go to 1:11 in the video

always seemed like it was Cat to me, a very long 8 hours lasting potion

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Cat_%28potion%29

I was referring to the trial of the grasses which incorporates a mutation of witcher eyesight, making them see better in the dark, a thing which was also changed in the original FCR for TW1 where no cat potion was needed. Maybe somebody with good insight to the original lore (books) can comment on that. I always found the existance of that potion ... odd
:D

Top Bottom