Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

+
Tommy said:
To get the correct descriptions you will need to go to your
Documents>Witcher 2>UserContent>fcr2_arena and once opened right click then copy the en0.w2strings file . Then go to your game install and open the Witcher 2>CookedPC folder right click on any empty area and select paste . Since there is already a file named en0.w2strings windows should then give you a couple of options . Select copy and replace . Be sure and make a backup copy of the original en0.w2strings file before doing anything else .

Thanks Tommy

Flash said:
I won't make it in time with mod update. I didn't have much free time on the weekend and the amount of feedback is enough to keep me working for another week. The worst part is checking if applied fixes work, since I'm not in possession of savegames from all moments in the game. Anyway, with each day the changelog is growing.

Answering the questions:
  • I will release mod's source files and make it completely open for Community, but first I'd like it to work as I intended, then you'll be able to do anything you want with it.
  • The reason why FCR for TW2 is not customizable like the mod for TW1 is because each change to game assets requires recooking of most if not all chapters of the game, that's 5.5GB of data. As an example, giving an option to select which dodge animation you like, would require releasing separate version of 1.45GB installer, or doubling, or trippling its size. That's just for one option. Then goes the branching: piruette without character development, piruette with character development, just the improved responsiveness and nothing else, responsiveness and piruette, etc, etc. All seperate mods.
    I would have done that if it was as easy as it was in TW1. I'm just one person and I don't have enough time to make that happen, but don't worry, with mod's source files you will be able to do it yourself.

Flash I along with many apprciate your effort and Talent. Keep it coming and take all the time you need. The only advice I can give yo though. Update us here on a regular basis. Even if there is not much to update..... It just cools the Hpt heads down a bit..and relaxes the impatience some may feel. Again. Good luck and thanks You rock man!!!

LTK

Forum regular
MichaelKnelius said:
Yes it has, you have to visit a shrine in the swamp in Chapter 2. It's behind the bandit shack.
I know, this is the first time I actually found it, but I noticed in other videos that the ability normally has the effect of making Quen red and giving it an incineration chance. Using the active Quen block is still blue in my case, and the list of abilities in the character screen does not contain Summer's Crown either. So is it actually there?

Whoops, I miscalculated. It is in Chapter 1. I mistakingly took prolog as chapter 1, silly me.

@LTK1:

It's the same as me. No description in abilites list, and quen is still blue. I guess the mod kept the shrine and activation but it isn't implementing the effects of activation.

i have an issue with this mod!!
It deactivate the block button... instead make sign button besides to the b button

judas82 said:
i have an issue with this mod!!
It deactivate the block button... instead make sign button besides to the b button

That's not an issue that's how it is, no block button.

How am I supposed to beat the eternal battle with this mod? I die within 4 hits and I don't like the fact that you cannot block manually.

EDIT: I'm at the first battle, in which you face 3 enemy soldiers and 1 big guy (draugir I think).

INFO: I'm playing on hard.

Fragsmater said:
How am I supposed to beat the eternal battle with this mod? I die within 4 hits and I don't the fact that you cannot block manually.

I'm at the first battle, in which you face 3 enemy soldiers and 1 big guy (draugir I think).

Good point.
I don't think it's possible.

Fragsmater said:
How am I supposed to beat the eternal battle with this mod? I die within 4 hits and I don't like the fact that you cannot block manually.

EDIT: I'm at the first battle, in which you face 3 enemy soldiers and 1 big guy (draugir I think).

This! haha I'm playing on Dark, I got past those first three and the next scene also, but then I ended up having a little rage quit :p tried taking potions beforehand to no effect.

try focusing just one 1 opponent at a time. and running around a lot. leave the draugr till last, and read his movements as best you can. it took me at least 10 tries, but the sense of achievement was great! :p for a little while.

Mizzen01

I´m playing on Dark and I had to cheat (God mod) with the Karyan. You are dead with a single hit of the tentacle... I can´t defeat the Karyan this way. Generally speaking, with this mod you can´t fight against more than 1 opponent at the time or make a combo of strokes against a tough opponent because your are too weak. You have to use a signal stroke to stop your enemy, give him a simple stroke with the sword, run away with the pirouette and repeat again and again. I think is a little bored to fight this way.

So, I installed windows again, installed TW2, installed FCR, changed strings file but the description isn't changing? 0_o

EDIT: Fixed it.. apparently I have to move the original file out of the folder completely.

Well I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing on dark mode, along with FCR2 but when you enter the mist and fight as Seltkirk, it seems impossible to beat. he is unable to roll or block. and I die within 3-4 hits. I don't want to disable the mod or disable dark mode souly for this battle, as I've been enjoying it immensely up till now have had no trouble with any previous bosses or battles.

I'm not sure if you'll read this Flash, but in a future update is it possible to give Selkirk back his original abilities?

though it's been so long since my first Iorveth play-through, I can't remember if seltkirk could roll around in the first place?

Top Bottom