Series X Pixelated Visual Artifacting FSR 2.1 | DRS

+
The only major visual issue I could find with the PS5 version is ghosting while driving a vehicle. It seems much more pronounced on the PS5 (even with motion blur on it is very obvious) vs the Xbox version, but I will gladly accept this over the fizzle/flicker/artifacting I was experiencing on the series X.
Post automatically merged:

That's the reason why I never noticed it in closed areas like buildings... Good explanation. Thanks for this!
Inside buildings the issue was not as aggressive for me as well but there is one particular scene (the first time V meets Judy) where I noticed it was happening during the cut scene dialogue and it was so bad I thought it was glitching for artistic intent but unfortunately it was not.

Last edited:
One temporary solution, but not really a solution is if anyone has a decent internet/fibre connection, playing it via Geforce Now is vastly superior to console. One downside and the reason I am not doing that currently is that they have yet to add the Microsoft store version so you would need to purchase via Steam, GOG etc. Also no Xbox achievement's if that is something you care about.

Yes, it sadly is still happening with the latest update. I think it is fairly clear as to what is happening here and why the PS5 version may not be affected or noticeably affected. It's more prominent when driving and heavily populated areas as these are the areas that are causing massive swings in DRS (Dynamic Resolution). Tom Morgan very briefly mentioned this issue in one of his videos where I believe he referred to it as "fizzle".

When the resolution drops on Series X due to DRS, FSR 2.1 is having to re-adjust. I believe that normally this process should not be anywhere near as noticeable as it is in Cyberpunk on Xbox but for some reason it is extremely intrusive. The PS5 version is most likely better in this regard because either due to a lower base resolution, the PS5 version just being more performant or slightly different settings such as crowd density etc. (if they are still different) it is able to maintain a more consistent resolution profile where DRS is not needing to kick in as much. That is just my theory, it could also be due to DX12 as I know that Xbox also shares this issue with the PC version if you use FSR with DRS turned on. Like myself, I can only suggest that everyone contact Digital Foundry in the hope that they can bring some awareness to this issue. PC exampe
You mean writing DF an Email asking them to look at this & analyzing so CDPR will hopefully pay more attention?
I think i spam the support email of CDPR from now on..
Anyway your linked video definately proof that it has to do sth with DRS.
Im glad this thread exist. hope more fellows find their way im here.

Last edited:
You mean writing DF an Email asking them to look at this & analyzing so CDPR will hopefully pay more attention?
I think i spam the support email of CDPR from now on..
Anyway your linked video definately proof that it has to do sth with DRS.
Im glad this thread exist. hope more fellows find their way im here.

Regarding DF, pretty much. I've asked them if they can bring some awareness via Patreon. No idea if they will but have linked this thread plus some vids.

Has anyone taken the plunge on Phantom Liberty and can confirm whether this issue is still present? If not, I will purchase and check it.
1. Yes. very present..

2. CDPR support answered me:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Thank you for reporting the issue, we are aware of it and we are currently investigating it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards"

In dogtown now its also present at daytime with flashing big artifacts for me..
Do you really think they investigate this since 1 year now? or they just laying us beside because we are some kind of minority?

Last edited:
Digital foundrys video just came out and it looks like the Xbox series consoles got the Short end of the stick when it comes to Dev optimization it looks like PS5 again is lead platform for the consoles for CDPR.

I am just about to post an updated video on it.

Just checked out Digital Foundry's video. Oliver doesn't have the clearest footage of the issue but he does have some footage and clearly states that there is a significant issue that sometimes occurs on Series consoles where the FSR 2.1 implementation appears to break and re-resolve over the next few frames. That is exactly what everyone in this thread has been experiencing and is clearly a technical issue with the way that FSR is working on those consoles, at this point they should just disable it even if just temporarily.

Just looking at other things he mentioned and it looks like the Series versions are using VRS (variable Rate Shading) to assist with performance where it is absent on PS5. There is a possibility that VRS is causing some sort of visual compatibility issue with FSR but who honestly knows. I will be reporting all of this to the devs via the support links again and hopefully they eventually find a fix.

It's a real shame that the Xbox version is the way it is I'm lucky enough to also have a PS5 and a copy of the game for it not everyone has that luxury. I really wanted to play on Xbox it has bumped me out to the point I just don't want to play the game anymore. I'm just going to put the game down for awhile. It's a shame because what I've played of the expansion it's really really good.✌️

It's a real shame that the Xbox version is the way it is I'm lucky enough to also have a PS5 and a copy of the game for it not everyone has that luxury. I really wanted to play on Xbox it has bumped me out to the point I just don't want to play the game anymore. I'm just going to put the game down for awhile. It's a shame because what I've played of the expansion it's really really good.✌️
Im doing exactly the same.. already played PL too long without enjoying it much only because of this issue.
Like you said: a big shame.
100% thought CDPR would fix this with 2.0..

@Maxedracer i also continue posting it on reddit and contact the support. Meanwhile i have tons of gameplayclips since this issue is even stronger now after 2.0/PL.
Keep it up!

Im doing exactly the same.. already played PL too long without enjoying it much only because of this issue.
Like you said: a big shame.
100% thought CDPR would fix this with 2.0..

@Maxedracer i also continue posting it on reddit and contact the support. Meanwhile i have tons of gameplayclips since this issue is even stronger now after 2.0/PL.
Keep it up!

I agree, it's definitely worse with 2.0
Post automatically merged:

Created a post on Reddit if anyone would like to comment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/16t25gf
Cyberpunk Comparison 1 Test.png

Cyberpunk Comparison 2 Test.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new patch has landed yet? I just played some more and the FSR issue seems way worse now for some reason, happening to me 2-3 times every couple of seconds while driving. Definitely wasn't that bad before...

Does anyone know if the new patch has landed yet? I just played some more and the FSR issue seems way worse now for some reason, happening to me 2-3 times every couple of seconds while driving. Definitely wasn't that bad before...
If you disable FSR, does it still stutter?

My mistake! That will definitely be something to send into CDPR:
I think everyone in this thread already did that multiple times. This problem exist for almost a year now (1.61).
We learned to live with it since then.. but now, since 2.0, it got way worse. In a visual kind of way Its almost unplayable now..
The technical support is "aware of it and investigating" so we only can wait a bit longer :,)

Honestly im trying to highlight this issue as much i can in every channel, also in the technical support. It happens also for me on xbox series S, while driving it's insane how hard the FSR breaks and re resolve, I hope this issue will be addressed cause before 2.0 it wasnt' this bad as much as i remember.

I think everyone in this thread already did that multiple times. This problem exist for almost a year now (1.61).
We learned to live with it since then.. but now, since 2.0, it got way worse. In a visual kind of way Its almost unplayable now..
The technical support is "aware of it and investigating" so we only can wait a bit longer :,)
Yup. If there's an issue at, say, the OS level or driver level on a console, then it will likely require it to be addressed by the console manufacturer at that level. CP2077 and REDengine do some really innovative things. The more moving parts...the more chance that something will break.

If you notice anything change, send in another ticket. That's the best way to keep the team aware of what's working and what's not. (It doesn't need to be better or worse, just different.) If it's existed for as long as you indicate, it will likely be a problem with specific models and regional versions of the console. Include the model and serial numbers as part of your tickets if you're seeing this issue.

Yup. If there's an issue at, say, the OS level or driver level on a console, then it will likely require it to be addressed by the console manufacturer at that level. CP2077 and REDengine do some really innovative things. The more moving parts...the more chance that something will break.

If you notice anything change, send in another ticket. That's the best way to keep the team aware of what's working and what's not. (It doesn't need to be better or worse, just different.) If it's existed for as long as you indicate, it will likely be a problem with specific models and regional versions of the console. Include the model and serial numbers as part of your tickets if you're seeing this issue.
Or it could be a game issue and not the system.

Top Bottom