Special Features on Companion Devices

+

• Not needed on PC or Xbox.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Maybe just Xbox; possibly as a little black book with all my "dance" cards. (W1 reference)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some features would be nice but not too much. I don't want to micro-manage.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool as a companion to the game. I'd like to read some of the lore, alchemical studies, dossiers...

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • ANYTHING you wanna add CDPR...I'll fiddle with all of it.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

OMG i literally just had a stroke of genius....whiiiiich i'm sure has already been handled and developed and i'm just waaaay ass late. BUT on my tablet whilst playing the Witcher 3, I imagined walking along trails and coming across plants/herbs Geralt doesn't know or recognize and imagine the journal automatically updates "hmm, i should find out if that white puffy flower has any useful alchemical qualities, i should go see an alchemist or study later with Vesemir" or some such. and at some later date you can revisit these "notes to self" and expand your alchemy knowledge or something.
Or even you can save your favorite towns ppl to talk to, like a fave callgirl to whom you can return and give gifts too.:hmm:

I know this has been touched on and probably has a whole write up someplace.

Although not the worst use, I wouldn't want to get an inferiour experience due to not owning such a device. Optional maybe, but it should not have additional features. But really, I think, this is not necessary.

It could be a good idea if you could read your journal/bestiary or fiddle with the inventory on a tablet while playing, instead of jumping through different menus etc. You hit pause, lean back in your chair and start reading comfortably about the creature you have ahead of you before you approach it.

Playing the game in daytime and brushing up on new journal entries in bed on a portable device sounds pretty cool.

Post-launch if at all though. I don't want it to interfere with the game itself.

Pretty sure the devs said they'd use SmartGlass for inventory management on xbox, it's entirely possible they port the journal and the rest of the UI as well (completely optional, of course).

It could be a good idea if you could read your journal/bestiary or fiddle with the inventory on a tablet while playing, instead of jumping through different menus etc. You hit pause, lean back in your chair and start reading comfortably about the creature you have ahead of you before you approach it.

I'd be down with this kind of functionality. Since I play at a desk, I could just prop my tablet up next to the monitor. Having a second screen displaying UI elements could be handy.

Yep, it is a cool idea. Another good use for my trusty tablet. I want the entire TW1-3 codex on it, with all entries on culture, monsters, and so on.

I'd be down with this kind of functionality. Since I play at a desk, I could just prop my tablet up next to the monitor. Having a second screen displaying UI elements could be handy.

Also, after you're done playing for the day you could read a journal entry about your adventures as a summary, written by Dandelion. It would be cool if the entries were frequent and dynamic and formed something like a story unfolding together with your actions. You turn off your PC and right before bed you read about what you just experienced, but from the bard's perspective.

Also, after you're done playing for the day you could read a journal entry about your adventures as a summary, written by Dandelion. It would be cool if the entries were frequent and dynamic and formed something like a story unfolding together with your actions. You turn off your PC and right before bed you read about what you just experienced, but from the bard's perspective.
I almost want Andrjez to write out the bard's ballads...I'm eager to read this new tale he's written anyway (soon as it's translated...sigh)

You know, if some of you guys are not programming-challenged like I am, could you please make a codex app, with all entries from TW1-2 and a lot of cool pictures? I don't know how much work it is, but if the entry files can be taken from the games, it may not be too labor-intensive.

Wait, what!!??

So you are saying people will deliberately drop thier controllers pick up thier smartphone, unlock thier phones, look for the app, wait for it to launch, insert the password, wait for it to sync just to use a potion?

I picked "Cool as a companion to the game. I'd like to read some of the lore, alchemical studies, dossiers...", but I am up for ANYTHING!

Top Bottom