Have no idea how to make a rune silver sword...

+
Have no idea how to make a rune silver sword...

So I'm sure there's a little simple detail I'm missing and I'm gonna feel very stupid when someone tells it to me, but I can't figure out how to forge this damn thing. So I have runes in my inventory from which I plan to make the thing, I have the sword to attach them to, but when I double click on the version of the sword I want to buy/forge it says that the inventory is full, so I thought I need to get rid of the old one completely to make room for the new one, but it turns out I need the old one in order to make the new one since it's giving me no options to make the new one when I drop the old one on the floor, but then when I come with the old one in my silver sword slot it says Inventory is full when I confirm which one I want to make.

I'm lost, please help.

You sure you have enough money and it isn't just saying Not enough orens instead of Inventory full?

I'm quite sure, also I've solved the problem. I had to move my silver sword to the steel sword slot (or the slot to the right, I don't know if that's the one dedicated for the steel sword, but that's where my steel sword usually was) and then when the silver sword slot was empty I was able to buy/forge it and then I just switched sword slots again, and ta-da! Pretty stupid, but hey, it's an old game, not much was self explanatory back then. :)

That's really weird, since you're not supposed to be able to put your silver sword in any other slot. Normally, the new sword is put in the silver sword slot while your old sword gets dropped to the ground.

It doesn't sound right at all. Something is terribly mixed up.

Applying runes to a silver sword does not create a new sword. It changes the properties of the silver sword you are now carrying. That's why you must have the silver sword in your inventory. You surely do not need an open slot to do this.

It sounds more like you are using meteorites to forge a new steel sword. When you do this, you must have an open steel sword slot for the new sword.

I have never tried it, but I suspect that if you have at least three runes and at least three meteorites in your inventory, you will be offered both a steel sword and a silver sword. If you pick the steel sword, you need an open slot to take it.

Last edited:
Applying runes to a silver sword does not create a new sword. It changes the properties of the silver sword you are now carrying. That's why you must have the silver sword in your inventory.

It sounds more like you are using meteorites to forge a new steel sword. When you do this, you must have an open steel sword slot for the new sword.

Nope, just tried this. It drops your current sword on the ground and places the new one in its slot, no need for open slots. There are 2 types of runes, ones are for temporary upgrades, like you said, others are for creating silver swords. But you're right, this is really weird, OP should have been able to get the sword just fine and I have no idea how he managed to move the silver sword to another slot - should be impossible.

It's very strange. This is not the correct behavior for branding a silver sword; the game always changes the existing silver sword in place. And you're right; there's a block against trying to put the silver sword in a steel sword slot.

Any mods installed?

Yeah, I have one where you run very fast, the one that adds quivers to all of the swords, and the item stacking mod which allows me to have 99 of a certain item.

Yes, it is caused by one of your mods.

"Item Stacking and Equipment Slots Mod" by Bad213Boy has exactly this misbehavior. I just confirmed it.

The good news is, your workaround works without having to uninstall and reinstall the mod. REDpoint for finding it.

Top Bottom