" Rumors " The Witcher 3 Resolutions

+
I had suspected the difference might be even greater, as the PS4's GPU is much larger and more powerful (1152 cores and 32 ROPs vs. 768 cores and 16 ROPs). I think most everybody here is expecting the game to be extremely demanding of the GPU, with a high-range GPU being needed for playable frame rate at 1920x1080.

Last edited:
Poor consoleros, can't get 1080p 60fps or above. I guess they will have to wait a couple more generations. :(
Well, I have to buy a new PC for that one for TW3 as well to be fair...

I use to play games at 1280x1024. Do I need such a high-end card to run with that resolution? A GTX760 will do?

You know, I don't really give two shits about the resolution of those games.

What I DO care about is, when you're advertising brand new consoles and marketing them as "next-gen", then they better well be fucking next-gen! What the fuck is this shit. Why upgrade at all if you can't even muster up the strength to give me 1080p!

Man. I thought that this eras "next-gen" would at least match the PC in terms of power, capability and user friendliness. Even with my low, low fucking standards, they failed to live up. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. The consoles are struggling to fucking run shit at 30fps on 720p. Just... just wow.

Ugh. You know, I really was trying to be positive about the next gen consoles but man. What's there to be enthusiastic about? Depressing to say the least. Next-gen? Yeah, if you're still stuck in the last-gen mentality. When someone says they're selling me an superior product to the last iteration of it, I fucking expect it to be superior in EVERY way.

Alright, I'm annoyed. I'm gonna fuck off and play some Dark Souls. DkS 2 can't come fast enough! RAWR!

PC master race. Everyone knows.

Last edited:
The only thing I need to know about the pc version is that they make sure to include the 16:10 ratio from the get-go this time.

OK, so that was funny, but still, move the PC conversation over to the other thread please.

Perhaps the members who continued to post about PC gaming should have read this instruction written by a moderator before posting. There is no invitation to post about comparisons to PCs here. Posts have been deleted; further posts not complying with this direction will likewise be deleted.

Last edited:
Man. I thought that this eras "next-gen" would at least match the PC in terms of power, capability and user friendliness. Even with my low, low fucking standards, they failed to live up. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. The consoles are struggling to fucking run shit at 30fps on 720p. Just... just wow.

I think you're being a bit hard on the consoles, and most people forget that they run at a sub 200w TDP which is nothing for a complete gaming system. We don't know what kind of performance/IQ ratio CDPR is using for the Witcher 3 when it comes to the consoles. If they want a more balanced IQ, then lowering the resolution a bit is a good way to get it. If they didn't, then they might have to sacrifice settings like HBAO or terrain tessellation or something..

And the Witcher 3 is perhaps the first TRUE cross platform next gen title, as it will not be coming out on the previous console generation. It's going to impress big time on every technical front..

To be fair, we don't even know if the "leak" by a member of NeoGAF on twitter is true. I absolutely belive it, the new console hardware is plenty powerful when you compare it to last gen, but otherwise it's no high-end, and sacrifices need to be made. But again, the rumour might be completly untrue.

And yes, these boxes where never going to be in the same leage as last gen was upon it's release. X1 is around 110W of peak power draw, it's oversized, and has a large cooler with a big bloody oversized fan. Mostly to prevent another disaster that was the infamous RROD. while PS4 is around 135W, smaller, with smaller cooling and a blower type fan that's louder than the one in X1, and allows the console to run hotter.

There is very little you could do for these systems in terms of increasing their performance without increasing power draw and as a consequence their size, heat output etc.

And that's before you consider that the market has changed, and no one would accept the consoles being subsidized as heavily as they used to be. IIRC, Sony was loosing ~ $300 per PS3 sold at the very begining (at least those were the rumours). No shareholder would allow such a thing again.

We all know CDPR's attention to detail so it shouldn't be surprising if it's struggling to run at 1080p considering the console's hardware. I think it will probably look really good considering TW2 Xbox360 version was considered to be one of the best looking games for that system. Plus this time it's x86 architecture, all the more easier.

You get what you pay for after all.

I'm not actually concerned with the resolution on the consoles. After all, I play it from the couch and I'm not nit picking on the pixels. Maybe it's just me but I don't really see a significant difference.
It's the PC where I need it native as I'm sitting right in front of the monitor.

Top Bottom