Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

+

Guest 3702081

Maybe news about "The Witcher 3" is like some asteroid: it's already on its way, though we don't know about that yet, and when it arrives, the impact will be great.

So no, my excitement hasn't fizzled out. Actually, I've never been this excited for a game in my life, how FoggyFishburne put it. Although the very reason for that may be that there are only few games I'm interested in and "The Witcher 3" is by far on top of that short list.

Maybe the developers will release some tracks, since the soundtrack always was one of the first things that were finished. Or they show us a character trailer, introducing Ciri or Emhyr. Whatever it is, a glimpse would be enough for me. Excitement means also not to give away too much at the wrong time (meaning CDProjekt probably knows when the time is right).

Hm good thread.

I wouldn't say that I'm not excited. I am. But right now, I'm concentrating all my hype, enthusiasm and energy on a different game that'll be released rather shortly. Dark Souls 2. Seriously man, I'm going insane. The wait is killing me. I've never been this excited for a game in my life. I'm counting the minutes until it's gonna be released, it's insane!!

So yeah. That's basically it. Witcher 3 is just a couple of millimeters beneath DkS2 in terms of anticipation levels. It's just that Witcher 3 is gonna be released in... well we don't even know. So what's the point in getting hyped up. Far too much energy would wasted. I'd rather invest my energy in something a bit more... tangible.

That's my rationale. I'm 100% confident that the closer we get to TW3's release date, I'm gonna flip my shit just as I'm losing it for DkS2. Right now, it doesn't make much sense.

A very smart way of thinking, with probably several months of waiting left until some actual information/footage there is no need or use yet to get hyped.
That said, I am a bit scared to get hyped about Dark Souls 2, the previous game took 300 hours of my life and spit me out hundreds of times with painful losses and mistakes.

I really hope DS2 delivers. The latest trailer and the ugly pre-order weapon packs have me worried a little bit. If the atmosphere and sense of exploration and discovery are on the level of DS then I'll be happy. Should definitely keep me busy for a while and hopefully once I'm done with it TW3 release will be just around the corner.

Right now I am whipping myself into shape by playing Dark Souls. Man, starting from scratch is still brutal, even though I remember all strategies, secrets, and shot-cuts. Can't wait for DS2 to be release, and then I will be off for couple of hundreds hours, discovering all wonderful ways of dying the game will have to offer.

Top Bottom