Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

+
Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

But really i just hope someone at CDPR sees this thread. Now i could be the only one but as a fan and potential buyer, i am right now more excited for DA:I than W3. and while i dont want this to be some silly fanboy fight since i plan to get both games anyway. I just want the developers to know that as things stand right now, if both DA:I and W3 came out on November. I would choose DA:I. Mostly thanks to those great gameplay videos that they have shown.

Everything in the right time.. look what happened to Watch Dogs. They kept showing gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.. now no one cares anymore. They will show more after we find out release date. I can bet on that.. they already have everything planned when to do what. It's not like they wake up today and say lets show them something.. everyone is working with target date in mind.

Showing gameplay is like confirming something. They are still balancing and tweaking things e.g combat, looks, physics, graphics. Some things might not be final. Yes first proper gameplay is just around the corner. After it comes out no one will cry anymore. Game is still 6-8 months away from release so it wont make any difference seeing 2 minute video Gearlt running around fields. They are not ready.

Last edited:
Let us first see some real gameplay and then worry if there's something to be worried about.

It's normal for devs to be silent, development is a lengthy process and they can't be constantly showing stuff, especially if they are still balancing it.
When the marketing push starts, you'll have plenty of stuff to "worry" about. :)

I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

But really i just hope someone at CDPR sees this thread. Now i could be the only one but as a fan and potential buyer, i am right now more excited for DA:I than W3. and while i dont want this to be some silly fanboy fight since i plan to get both games anyway. I just want the developers to know that as things stand right now, if both DA:I and W3 came out on November. I would choose DA:I. Mostly thanks to those great gameplay videos that they have shown.

Wait, what great gameplay videos? You mean the 40 min long one they released months ago? Or did I miss something? If I make a statistic of the gaming sites I browse every day for new info, TW3 is much much more present there than DA:I so I'm not sure how your excitement is lower for TW3 if you base it on new info and details.

You should'nt worry about The Witcher 3 because :
They have taken 3 years to make the game with a team wich had double since TW2 and a huge budget. And they are currently developping only 2 games. Wich is far from Ubisoft

So far they have never disapointed their fans, pushing with each game the technical bounderies.

They take great care of what their fans want, liked/disliked in previous game.

Finally if we have so few informations it's because their campain for the game is strategic and very studied, when they give information or artwork, it's not random, it's based on schedule to hold the suspens.

They have taken 3 years
More than 3, TW3 development started while TW2 was still being done I remember that being mentioned.
=============================================================

Everyone is excited OP, they haven't even begun their marketing and if CDPR's is to be believed, there will be "big bombs" and we'll be "overloaded" with what they're going to show.

Everyone is excited OP, they haven't even begun their marketing and if CDPR's is to be believed, there will be "big bombs" and we'll be "overloaded" with what they're going to show.

We'll be

Wait, what great gameplay videos? You mean the 40 min long one they released months ago? Or did I miss something? If I make a statistic of the gaming sites I browse every day for new info, TW3 is much much more present there than DA:I so I'm not sure how your excitement is lower for TW3 if you base it on new info and details.

Partly, also because it almost feels like its a Suikoden game with a semi-open world made by Bioware.
Mind you i must admit that I haven't been following DA:I until recently but nevertheless they have at least shown a gameplay video.
Also aren't they showing artwork and concept art like every week? or was it monthly..?

Well I am thinking about the leaked Alpha video of TW2 and how disappointed I was, when the final game didn't have the same feel. I guess releasing videos during the process too early can have a negative impact as well. Although on the other hand, I am really glad they did release that, cause I am in love with that video. I hope they will capture the same feeling again in the third installment. But so far it is looking promising.

Actually, my excitement is now starting to kick in for real. So much so that I long to continue my fourth playthrough of Witcher 1.

Ahhh Witcher 3 is going to be so goooood!!!! Thank you for these games CDPR!!! :unworthy:

Last edited:
I think we all have an idea how its going to play by now but are just thirsting for the actual game to play! As people who played the first two games.It IS a Witcher game.Just bigger and better.

I mean we have already made up our minds about getting the game right ? :)

Marketing is mostly for newly interested players and it has to be close to the release date so they don't get burnt out..

Everything in the right time.. look what happened to Watch Dogs. They kept showing gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.. now no one cares anymore. They will show more after we find out release date. I can bet on that.. they already have everything planned when to do what. It's not like they wake up today and say lets show them something.. everyone is working with target date in mind.

I believe that the marketing campaign budget is bigger than the production itself. This makes me think that no marketing really means marketing :D

I understand the OP wholeheartedly. Didn't Bioware say last December the DA:I was complete and that they would need a little less than year to tweak it? And then they go ahead and show a 30 minute video. Correct me if I am wrong.

On one hand I wake up for the past few days and think: "Okay, this is February now.....witcher....less than a year....time flies....you will see..." I tell myself. And then I think: "Yes....three new screenshots....will use a each one as a desktop background image every week". Then I rewatch the trailers and the leaked footage some more on my phone while on the train and at home.

A one minute gameplay footage would certainly ease the pain at this point - nothing special, no quests or spoilers, just Geralt roaming the road somewhere.

I wouldn't say my interest in the game fizzled out. My interest did fizzle out with Watch Dogs somewhat but I think this has to do with games themselves, not so much with the abundance of gameplay footage or lack of thereof.

This pain wouldn't be so bad if we had GTA 5. Damn consoles and Brokestar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom