Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't you be somewhere in the future, 2077 or there about? I'll allow my efforts here to be judged by a certain Dragon. Or her friends.

Nope! I can speak as just another poster if I want. Hmm. No real way to distinguish that, now that I think of it. Maybe an acronym? Oh, wait, if it's not in red, it's not mod-speak, is it?

Anyway, that wasn't mod-talk. That was a friendly suggestion to RSIK and a supporting post to you. Whiiich...you took..poorly, I guess?

Nope! I can speak as just another poster if I want. Hmm. No real way to distinguish that, now that I think of it. Maybe an acronym? Oh, wait, if it's not in red, it's not mod-speak, is it?

Anyway, that wasn't mod-talk. That was a friendly suggestion to RSIK and a supporting post to you. Whiiich...you took..poorly, I guess?

Re-reading it, I did indeed take it poorly. Your suggestion is welcome.

another 11 months wait good for me to save a lot of money for buying new gpu or upgrading my system...
but some fans also arguing that TW3 will face competition from DA3 ..thatsy they pushed d relaese date further..
how stupid they r ..
but i firmly and strongly believes CDPR and my full support to them ..bring out best in it :)

During the conference CDPR announced that as far as the Witcher 3 is concerned:
- the main plot is finished
- dialogues are finished, they've started the recording process,
-locations are ready as well as main gameplay mechanisms,
-graphic assets and animations are almost ready ,
-the game is possible to finish already
-elements of the Collectors' Edition are being producted,

What needs to be polished:
-the remaining side quests have to be implemented,.
-dialogues,
-tests,
-optimalization

Pros of publishing the game in Feb 2015:
- less amount of published games
-increased effectiveness of the marketing campaign for real players, not just random consumers(that part was a bit weird to me, every consumer=selled game)
- the game without many bugs(20%extra time=80% attractiveness of the game)
-more consoles = more selled games
-marketing campaign for Xmas 2015

The price of the board game will be ~60$

Today, Cd Projekt have published their financial raport for year 2013 plus their plans for 2014. Its in polish so there is no point in putting a link (here it is anyway http://platforma.livingmedia.pl/live/140312001/ live presentation going on right now) Few interesting things though:
Thw Witcher 3 - the state of development:
- story lines finished and implemented
- dialogs are done (they are recording other languages right now)
- the world is complete, location are done
- assets and animations are almost finished
- you can play a game from start to finish
- RED Engine is working on all 3 platforms
- collectors edition stuff is in production.

Things still to do:
- implementing last side quests
- finishing localisations for other languages plus polishing it afterwards, tweaks etc.
- testing and balancing gameplay to maximize playability
- improving assests, sounds, animatiions
- optimising game on all platforms

The project for year 2014 is a multiplatform mobile game

Edit - Master was faster

Well.... I'm not claiming to be a Polish expert... but I was watching that conference linked above and a few more things...

• Something new about GOG will be announced at E3, can't right now because competition never sleeps. They want to support a lot more newer games.
  • The Witcher 1&2 have now sold 7mn copies in total.
  • TW3 could be released this year and would be amazing but the team wanted some more time to make it perfect.
  • TW3 will have several big announcements after the release.(additional content and EE I reckon)
  • (Something about unannounced mobile game)
  • The only stress and scare they had with delaying the game was how people(shareholders) would react.
  • They expect more sales after this delay.
  • DA3 was mentioned, expectations far bigger for TW3 than DA:Inq
  • TW3 delay had nothing to do with DA:Inq
  • Can't say anything about C2077
  • The mobile game will be in some new format of sale(not freemium nor full price?[CITATION NEEDED])
  • On an average 30% of digital sales goes to the store, I'm guessing he means something like steam.
  • (for comparison XBLA took 70%[the bastards!])
  • Main marketing campaign kicks in early 2015
  • Rather silent about story continuation of TW3 in 2015 but seems like they have something. From their talk it looks like they want to support TW3 heavily and they said it's going to be a lot bigger support than TW1 or 2.

(All thanks to a polish friend and corrections to @Booraz and @norolim1 )

EDIT: Oh and most $$$ from The Witcher 3's sales will go into C2077.

Last edited:
They didn't want to go into detail about the mobile game. But they clarified it uses the latest advances in hardware of tablet's (implying it's visually pretty and demanding?) as well as added that it will use a buisness model unlike what they used so far anywhere else. Which obviously means that it won't be a one time purchase product, so microtransactions?

Also from the things that they mentioned which seems important is that TW3 anouncement boosted the sales of previous games more than they expected and as a result, now they hit the 7mln mark sold. (for both games combined).

And lastly, this is relevant to the "Cut content?" thread - They said that it's totaly normal to design a bit more content and cut the unnecesary stuff later as it's "typical development process" however, unlike previous games they decided not to do that with W3. Apparently all of the additional bit's that would have bin normally cut are in the game, because they were "too good" to be cut and the additional time makes it viable to implement them.
Wich perhaps explains why older interviews stated 50h main story 50h side quests. With the newer ones mentioning up to 120h total IIRC.

• The mobile game will be in some new format of sale, not freemium nor full price

He didn't exactly say that. He was asked whether the game will be freemium, to which he answered that he can't reveal that, but it will be a model they (meaning CDP) never used before.

And yeah...mobile game (and, from the sound of it, some kind of multiplayer, pay-to-play)...rather anticlimactic :(

Mobile game is kind of a letdown, but it was perhaps too much to ask for a full fledged PC title, even a 'small' one.

Well.... I'm not claiming to be a Polish expert... but I was watching that conference linked above and a few more things...

• The only stress and scare they had with delaying the game was how would people react.

Good summary. Above is slightly wrong as he was referring to shareholders and not general public (gamers)

I don't think anybody had mentioned it yet but they also said that next part of game (W3) will be shown at E3. So no trailer beforehand.

I don't think anybody had mentioned it yet but they also said that next part of game (W3) will be shown at E3. So no trailer beforehand.
0_o when was this? I didn't watch from the beginning so I'm thinking maybe I missed that part.

0_o when was this? I didn't watch from the beginning so I'm thinking maybe I missed that part.

I belive it was towards the end, during the time alloted for qeustions. One of the shareholders asked them, when will they show something more substantial to the public. To wich they responsed that during E3 they will show another, new slice of gameplay.

Keep in mind, they didn't calrify if public means press only or actually showing it to us. At least the way it was framed in Polish it could be taken both ways.

Exactly, probably nothing big be4 E3. There will be a solid gameplay for all viewers. Then, in autumn, they will start the marketing campaign. The main part, however, will take place only in the January :<

Eww, mobile games and delaying to wait for more new consoles out there does not sound that great to me.
I expected a lack of new footage until E3 but that still blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom