Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability to start your on gang or organization has a lot of merit and has been discussed here pretty frequently...

Not sure if it should be tied in to the special ability of certain classes, namely fixers, corproates, nomads, or if it should just be something anyone can do?

I could agree that it should be easier for some classes, for instance as a corporate, you could offer people lots of money or as a cop (or as a former cop) could could use your authority to order people around, but it should be something anyone can do.. It would be harder for techie's or netrunners for that matter, but i see no reason why they couldn't start their own gang.. (with enough social skills perhaps)

I could agree that it should be easier for some classes, for instance as a corporate, you could offer people lots of money or as a cop (or as a former cop) could could use your authority to order people around, but it should be something anyone can do.. It would be harder for techie's or netrunners for that matter, but i see no reason why they couldn't start their own gang.. (with enough social skills perhaps)

Yeah, every option should be available to all roles/classes. Even if it's all but impossible, we should always be able to try.

Netrunner starting a combatgang... Good luck, but give it a try.
Nomad starting an investment corporation... Yeah... But thanks for trying.
Techie trying to swim... Doh!

Failure is an option. That is paramount in my book. It's a bit like poker, you can go all in on a 3 high card if you want, but you never know, the river may send you a full house...

Agreed Chris, and your Techie should start a hair and nail salon... don't let anyone tell you that you can't...

Fine, you asked for it:

I loved both those videos imago.... thanks for sharing, dead on stuff right there... except the dudes love of shadowrun... that was just blasphemous.

Yeah, whenever that guy decides to put up a video it's really good. I like his commentary.
He's got another one about choice and consequence in games that was really good as well.

What's with the Shadowrun hate? lol

Last edited:
What's with the Shadowrun hate? lol

SOME people do not have open minds about their cyberpunk.

I likeShadowrun a lot. It's good fun. The world-building and background is superior to CP2020, I think, in terms of depth and breadth. Of course, that's because the amount of novels and supplements is waaaaaaay higher than CP2020, but still. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cyberpunk_2020_books vs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shadowrun_books

Sigh. Just not fair. And -how- many editions of the base rules?

Anyway, there is more than enough for CP2077, of course.

Shadowrun.... we hateses it.... it takes the awesome of cyberpunkses and crapses all overs t with magicses and sillynesses.... elveses and unicornses and other sparkly things....

Seriously, I really hate mixing genres, I like my cyberpunk straightforward, no supernatural, no aliens, no magic....

But man does Shadowrun have some pretty art...

View attachment 2394
Wisdom, your opinion is different then mine, so i despise your existence now!
lol

Eh... to each their own, I guess.
I liked Shadowrun because it seemed original.
If I'm being honest, I've actually never played the game. I saw it on Steam when it was first released, and have been wanting to buy it ever since.

Attachments

• OpoQQ.jpg
    OpoQQ.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Shadowrunners, one step up from trekkies, who are only one step up from bronies and furries....

Sigh.

i thought you were going to try to cut -back- on the hating?

And after I decided to stop taunting you about vehicles for at least a day. THIS is how you repay ME?!

We should try to PnP some Shadowrun, so you can see how fun it is. Combat Adepts are very cool. Riggers rock - and unlike CP2077, the game started with a vehicle-driving class. And some of these vehicles are pretty badass.

Anyway, remembering that RED cruises this thread for ideas occasionally, back to topic.

Sigh.

i thought you were going to try to cut -back- on the hating?

And after I decided to stop taunting you about vehicles for at least a day. THIS is how you repay ME?!

We should try to PnP some Shadowrun, so you can see how fun it is. Combat Adepts are very cool. Riggers rock - and unlike CP2077, the game started with a vehicle-driving class. And some of these vehicles are pretty badass.

Anyway, remembering that RED cruises this thread for ideas occasionally, back to topic.

I am trying... but have you seen the forums today.... war wants to ditch cars so he can have I dunno... things... Chris made a thread that breaks my brain, there are threads that should be merged that remain seperate, Geckochicken wants like a kajillion voice tracks for the main character... and now someone likes Shadowrun.... SHADOWRUN.... it was just more than I could take...

I am rocking on 2 hours sleep here, because for some reason, as soon as I get off work sunday night, my body goes woohooo stay up all the lates, and I end up sleeping till 8, monday, but I try to normalize again because I have to run gme on teusday, but scammers call me up calling me a motherfucker with a deep hindu accent, then I stay up, fall asleep for another 2 hours... then I am up for 22 straight hours unable to sleep finally get fitful sleep for two hours before work, and I think the coffee is done and I miss my bdu shorts and my ear is making a squeek noise when I scratch it with my keys...

Like sands through the motherfucking hourglass....fuck that, I live in a first world nation, I have a cell phone... save that sand shit for the people who have flies on their eyeballs, because apparently they are the only ones allowed to complain about having a bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom