Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Varric looks at though he'll be able to touch his own toes whilst standing. Nice screens - clearly the game is going to have a vibrant colour pallet and I'm liking the new art direction well enough.

Some people like 2001: A Space Odissey and others Star wars, some others like both styles and a more many people don't like SF at all. You can be a follower of Dracula or a devoted fan of Van Helsing. You can perfectly like DA:O's conception and hate the sequel, make Altair a Heroe because his hooded custome or because you don't feel llike a Templar. All are creations made by people like you and me, with different feelings, color and music preferences, personal experiences, people who could be in love or hating the whole world while they are creating a part of those games, movies, books, etc....

How can anybody want realisme in a Fantasy world? Even in real world and History, emotions and moral concepts are not the same. To me, a good game is the one which lock me at my keyboard, make me feel for the fate of the characters, mains and secondaries, their stories and motivations, which system combats don't get me to frustation and let me go on with the story, saving innocents, ignoring unfair issues or destroying families if the story relate them so. Good control of cameras for avoiding headaches and great graphics which don't make my PC hanged. Yes, I prefer to blame the technical rather than the creators....

Breifing: if DA:I comes to my life in the precise moment when my PC is uplaoded, my economy is smiling and I'm bored enough to wanna play like the Savior of the Universe I'll can find it great or hateful or just dull.... View attachment 2412

He brings up fair points, but outside of a natural evolution in the industry I don't see AAA games covering social agenda without beating us over the heads with it. Especially bigger studios. He didn't explain the hazards of doing it poorly and the subsequent backlash you get from that. Bioware's efforts haven't helped their cause, they've instead created a rift.

He brings up fair points, but outside of a natural evolution in the industry I don't see AAA games covering social agenda without beating us over the heads with it. Especially bigger studios. He didn't explain the hazards of doing it poorly and the subsequent backlash you get from that. Bioware's efforts haven't helped their cause, they've instead created a rift.

You used the right word - evolution.

Videogames are still fairly new art form and they evolved from simple forms like Galaga and Pac-man to Planescape:Torment(and beyond). Just like first, ancient art depicted rather day-to-day activities than underlying social issues, games will also dig deeper in time.Forcing anything on the tides of natural evolution might cause grotesque mutations.

I didn't feel that he talked as much about social agenda, as about diversity in video games. And I agree with him, I want to see more protagonists that are not white straight guys, but just as he said - it shouldn't be forced on devs.

Last edited:
i think what's more important than diversity is not having me laugh at your poorly designed characters and environments.
case in point:

http://u.jimdo.com/www63/o/s6f457f53b6596098/img/i48d43b038a0fbf4b/1395494825/std/image.jpg

oh boy.

Maybe you should provide arguments when you say such things. What's wrong with it? I like them.

EDIT: I really like that guy from the video. It's clear that BIoWare and the games's industry in general have a lot of very smart people. It just puzzles me how some of these developers can be responsible for some really bad blunders. I mean, a lot of the things that are bad in games in general are stuff that is so obvious. For instance, who the fuck thought no jumping would be OK in a Thief game?!

Last edited:
So this is what a guy on the thread said.

"I'd love to have him in game. But, given that he is voicing a major role in The Witcher 3 (Emperor of Nilfgaard), there would probably be cries of "Hurdur, Your just copying the Witcher." Which I know BW doesn't really care about, but will be annoying for us fans to deal with"

Not worth it IMO.

Last edited:
They seem to have gotten Simon Templeman back for Inquisition, so I am both intrigued and concerned over that bit of info.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they brought him back.

Me neither. Bringing her back was one thing, as I would think not many people offed her. Loghain on the other hand probably has a much higher ratio in death than spared. Granted he became a major recruiter and could show up that way if he lived. But he was a main antagonist and probably wouldn't be brought back lightly for say half of veteran players to see.

And now that I think about it.. If they do bring Loghain back, would they make that a default no import playthrough? And wouldn't that screw with "official" lore?

Most likely a Loghain cameo. Why the concern?

As others stated above, him just showing up as a mere cameo role and not bringing anything into the table other than strictly for "fan service". And considering he has a more 'hate' than 'love' from fans, I'd bet his role wouldn't be anything significant. I consider Loghain one of the best characters BW has written, and is one of my all time favorite video game characters, so hence why I am excited but also concerned (and the possibility of him not being the Loghain he was in Origins, since sometimes I wonder if it was merely luck on the writers side that he turned out so great).

@Csaszar According to the DA comics, Loghain is dead in the default canon.

Err, I heard Alistair's VA was back. Didn't heard anything about Loghain, thank you for the info.

I'm more concerned by an info about the game having 40 different, meaningful and distinct epilogues.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/4978...ne-dragon-age-inquisition-preview/?p=16303683

Hi fellow Dragon Age: Inquisition fans!

I just bought the Official Xbox Magazine featuring their preview for Dragon Age Inquisition. (It came out today in a Singapore bookshop)

Below are points that I hope you will find noteworthy and enjoy reading:

1. There will be 5 regions in Dragon Age: Inquisition: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales:

2 of the areas you can expect to visit are; a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground, known as the Emerald Graves.
The Emerald Graves, according to executive producer Mark Darrah, is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.
According to the magazine, while enemy levels don't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.
Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.
Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.

2. Dragon Age Inquisition Companions:

There will be no DLC Companions: According to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw: "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."
Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.
The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as "a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith"
Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as "an elven archer. Little is known about them [referring to both Sera and the Iron Bull] at this point, particularly Sera, who turned up seemingly on accident during one of several combat demonstrations..."

3. The Dialogue Wheel:

"We have three wheels that we use in response to any given piece of dialogue" says Gaider. "One of those is what we call the 'tone wheel', which is mostly for role-playing choices. The other two are the 'choice wheel'- for taking an action or stating an opinion-and the 'reaction wheel,' for emotional moments"

4. The Inquisitor:

There will be 4 voices for the Inquisitor 2 for each gender, for all races
To address why the same voices apply to all races, Mike Laidlaw made the following statement: "It's a matter of file size...if we were to have eight voices, two for each race, we would be shipping on 14 discs or something. We figured that with four voices, that would give players enough options while staying within our size limitations"
Bioware is currently exploring options to differentiate the voices, like changing the pitch of the audio.
The Prologue Section (or the "Origin" section" will be the same for all players. The player's appearance, class and dialogue responses during the prologue section will fill in the details, presumably of the Inquisitor's background, and in particular inform how other characters respond to you throughout the story.
The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a reality-shattering event which results in the Fade tearing opening throughout Thedas.
"Presumbly as a result [of the Fade tearing open throughout Thedas], you're also endowed with a singular ability: you can close these rifts wherever they appear throughout the continent."

5. Endings:

"Bioware is promising a staggering 40 possible endings for the game, dependent not only on choices made in character generation but by actions taken throughout the storyline. [Mark] Darrah stresses, however, that the endings will all be meaningfully different from one another. You won't find 40 endings with only slight degrees of variation between them."

6. Customization:

Armour weights are no longer class specific. Meaning a rogue can wear a mage's robes, and a mage can wear a warrior's armour. The magazine speculates the penalties will be similar to the fatigue penalties used in DA: Origins

7. Other information:

There will be a jar of bees, which can be used as a combat item which according to Bioware: "You throw it, the jar breaks open, and little bees fly around stinging your opponents."

I hope you guys will enjoy the information provided!

Top Bottom