Dragon Age: Inquisition

+

Ah is the poor Alistair fan girl sad? "Chuckle"

Oh and you killed Zevran you bastards!

he almost killed mai waifu Morrigan, I cut his throat without hesitation.

Loghain's thing wasn't personal so I spared him, he's also motherfucking Kain from Soul Reaver.

I don't remember this scene, but Morrigan never seem to freindly with my ch's (maybe because I chose female one's? Sexist Morrigan! :p) On the contrary Loghain hate Wardens and want to exterminat wardens and I am a warden. And he allow with connivance pay for murdering me personally.
Well, I'm sorry but I found Loghain's thing was personal so I kill him (me or Alistair)

I don't remember this scene, but Morrigan never seem to freindly with my ch's (maybe because I chose female one's? Sexist Morrigan! :p) On the contrary Loghain hate Wardens and want to exterminat wardens and I am a warden. And he allow with connivance pay for murdering me personally.
Well, I'm sorry but I found Loghain's thing was personal so I kill him (me or Alistair)

the Grey Wardens were inconvenient witnesses he doesn't hate them, he hates Cailans fixation of them.

Same thing happened to me, except the Loghain part :p

He hates them and despises them as the same way he hates Orlains too. He had a great problem with his father. Why didn't he talk with Wardens to stop Cailan? Because he is a kingslayer and he wants the power and rule alone, over his own daughter.

@wichat: If he survives

"If Loghain survives the battle with the Archdemon: During the Post-Coronation celebrations he'll state that he has come to respect the Warden and reveals that Anora has now tasked him with recruiting new Grey Wardens."
@Costin: He is still a Ferelden native though, even if he was in Orlais later as a child. Although I agree that he might not be trustworthy by a paranoid Loghain, considering their past "neutrality".

He hates them and despises them as the same way he hates Orlains too. He had a great problem with his father. Why didn't he talk with Wardens to stop Cailan? Because he is a kingslayer and he wants the power and rule alone, over his own daughter.

No.

You have a very poor and erroneous understanding of the character. I suggest you spare him once and see how he is as a companion. also take him to Return to Ostagar with Wynne. You'll see how completely wrong you are.

He is still a Ferelden native though, even if he was in Orlais later as a child. Although I agree that he might not be trustworthy by a paranoid Loghain, considering their past "neutrality".

Native means jack shit honestly. If he lived in Orlais for the vast majority of his life then he is Orlesian. As for Loghain's paranoia, he was right on Orlais getting involved in the matter and the offer of reinforcements to be a pretext for them taking over Fereldan...although not quite like Loghain imagined: Those Chevaliers would have been used to secure Cailan's throne once he revealed he was going to marry Celene.

Also considering the Grey Wardens were with those Chevaliers it doesn't mean take a genius to suspect the Grey Wardens. I mean seriously you had TWO DOZEN Divisions of Orlesian troops ready to move across the border, excuse me if I don't buy the bullshit some say.

But then again I've said it once I'll say it again: Seems a lot of people prefer moronic kings just because they are nice guys, fuck competence, willingness to rule and intelligence.

I was just thinking of native born and his position of the Wardens in Ferelden, meh. I didn't mean him being paranoid as an insult, although once again he is rightfully so.

I'm going to guess that last comment wasn't aimed at me, considering my proffesed hatred at Cailanearlier. :p

Last edited:
No.

You have a very poor and erroneous understanding of the character. I suggest you spare him once and see how he is as a companion. also take him to Return to Ostagar with Wynne. You'll see how completely wrong you are.

I did it more than once, that don't make him nicer to my eyes. Is it a crime if I do? Some killed other characters like Zevran and they've not commit the crime of the century as it seems I do killing Loghain :sad:

I did it more than once, that don't make him nicer to my eyes. Is it a crime if I do? Some killed other characters like Zevran and they've not commit the crime of the century as it seems I do killing Loghain :sad:

You don't commit a crime by killing him, my 2nd canon did.

You simply have an erroneous interpretation of the character. It's not a crime.

You don't commit a crime by killing him, my 2nd canon did.

You simply have an erroneous interpretation of the character. It's not a crime.
Why erronoeus? You judge him under you tastes and emotions, I do the same, and both of we have very different points of view about life in DA. No one is wrong or right. I guess.

Why erronoeus?

Because you do not judge his political intent correctly at all. You claim he wants power for himself in Fereldan and was greedy for it, but that's a very piss poor understanding of Loghain.

You may claim that no one is wrong or right if you want to make yourself feel better about your poor judgement.

Why erronoeus? You judge him under you tastes and emotions, I do the same, and both of we have very different points of view about life in DA. No one is wrong or right. I guess.

No, some character interpretations are simply incorrect. I don't care how much one feels, for example, that Geralt doesn't care about people, they're simply wrong. To believe that Loghain did all this to advance his own power is simply incorrect.

But I am not in the mood to go into explaining Loghain and his character. All I'll do is post my old post:
http://social.bioware.com/56308/blog/10285/

Gaider stated something to similar effect. The idea of Loghain being a power hungry tyrant is not how his character is at all.

Look guys and gals . Everyone plays games to their way of liking or thinking and there`s nothing wrong with that . But there is no reason whatsoever to sling personal insults here . It stops NOW .

Stating that someone has a poor understanding of a character doesn't really constitute a personal insult, does it? It was certainly not meant as such.

But I guess I forgot that when Costin and I argue in favor of Loghain, it's difficult not to feel aggressed (good times).

Top Bottom