E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guest 3669645

Not again? There is always a gameplay preview behind closed doors... I do not understand your reaction.

We also get something big. People, think a little bit :p

Well, if you're really expecting 45 minutes of footage, that's a bit going overboard. Especially for such a story driven game. There would be way too many spoilers for dialogue options/story arches etc.

We'll get something, don't worry.

People, you must understand that the press is prepared and is meant to talk to others about games, and what im trying to say is that giving exclusive content, especially uncut content, to the press, is far more beneficial to the game's reputation, than just releasing the content freely for millions of dumb asses that wont even understand how to judge it or anything else beyond "pretty graphics, but other games are prettier so its better" and thus wont give money or be exited.

The majority of people aren't like us, they aren't aware of the greatness of TW3, of the gameplay features, of how the development went, how much is left, what version they show, why , etc., uncut and raw footage exclusive for the press assures that only relatively educated and objective people will be able to "judge" the game for the majority of the world, and possible fools wont be able to say "dude i watched the uncut TW3 video, it sucks trust me", instead they'll need to quote the journalists saying "it was AMAZING !!" or just shut up.

What weird though is that the press will be seeing a demo again. Shouldn't they be going hands on by now? We got their impressions last E3, we should be getting their hands on impressions now. Game launches in 8 months.

^ Didn't Martin stated that fans come first the previous week?
When CDPR gives us an Enhanced Edition of their game, that adds around 4 hours (how long is the average 5$ DLC nowadays? 1 hour, give or take?), when a substantial part of that is dedicated to the 3rd chapter which was criticized as being too short, and creating a tutorial in response to people saying the game was difficult to learn - and all of this for free - that's not "saying" their fans come first; that's proving it, like a boss.

(fuck you and your watch dogs ubisoft)

That's the prime example, but there are more (no exclusive content depending on the platform, not sugarcoating XBox 1's capabilities and being frank instead, off the top of my mind - and if we want to refer to GOG as well, then there's their decision to keep fixed prices by paying the difference themselves, behind the scenes). Not giving us the full coverage as the press, doesn't mean their fans don't come first. It means that their fans don't come alone, and that they have other considerations to balance.

Top Bottom