E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although that is certainly part of it sadly, it does seem like TW3 is seen as one of the first true next gen games, whatever that may mean.

It's certainly more ambitious than any other project out there. So far, at least.

Check the last few pages of this thread, dude. And that demo has already been confirmed for private viewing.

However, there will be something for our eyes.

Damn. thank you for the info.That post came from a thread that I created when first coming across that article. Thought I landed upon a gold mine lol. Well, something is better than nothing. I didn't see a thread on here yet and wasn't following this thread. Figured it was brand new info. Feel kinda silly now. All late to the party lol.

That is awesome gregski! nvm, it is L.A.

Last edited:
That's correct. This invitation is for the behind-closed-doors presentation. Don't ask my if we are going to show anything else. I can't say anything;)

i dont know what i should feel now......on one hand we wont see the 45 min presentation behind closed door ...on the other hand we will see something at E3 for sure .... on the other hand it will probably not be a 45 min presentation....but on the other hand someone will for sure record the behind closed doors presentation so that it will leak online....

Where was that exactly if you do not mind my asking? nvm, it is L.A. I believe.

Judging from the other sign top left, giving the street name "..llanca Av", it may be Bellanca Avenue, L.A.? (or near it)

EDIT: Ah, it's West Century Blvd, near the corner for Bellanca Avenue. :p

Last edited:
i dont know what i should feel now......on one hand we wont see the 45 min presentation behind closed door ...on the other hand we will see something at E3 for sure .... on the other hand it will probably not be a 45 min presentation....but on the other hand someone will for sure record the behind closed doors presentation so that it will leak online....

Agreed on all accounts except the last one, My guess is that CD Projekt will make sure that there will be no recordings after last year and the bit of leaked footage.

After giving it more thought, I think it is for the best that we do not see a 45 minute presentation. Speaking only for myself here but I do not want to be spoiled too much before playing W3. Within reason of course and dependent on my own willpower,knowing how much I'm really anticipating this game, I'd give into watching that 45 minute video on repeat :laughing:

I think a gameplay video of uninterrupted footage between 5 -10 minutes of spoiler-free content would suffice.

Judging from the other sign top left, giving the street name "..llanca Av", it may be Bellanca Avenue, L.A.? (or near it)

EDIT: Ah, it's West Century Blvd, near the corner for Bellanca Avenue. :p
Thank you 1337Smithy! appreciate the info. Plus for the heads up on the E3 presentation discussion.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Hate to break it to you, but that's what pretty much every dev does.
Ever notice how a lot of games look nicer and run better at their presentation? That's why.

Yes. And that's precisely why I'd caution against it.
Each and every time the backlash has been boisterous.

The «everybody else is doing it» argument doesn't move me. I expect better from CDProjekt.

Last edited:
For me, even 30 seconds of gameplay will be sth amazing. Just want to see some uniterrupted footage , not 2 second moments. Also, some kind of "world of witcher 3 trailer" would be great.
:look:

Yeah, ten minutes or so seems like the ideal amount. Enough to see tons of things to make you drool and not too much for those wanting to avoid spoilers.
I started playing TW2 again today (gotta scratch that itch somehow) and I remember how much of that one was spoiled by trailers and such.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Yeah, ten minutes or so seems like the ideal amount. Enough to see tons of things to make you drool and not too much for those wanting to avoid spoilers.
I started playing TW2 again today (gotta scratch that itch somehow) and I remember how much of that one was spoiled by trailers and such.

Bethesda released a 3 part 20 minute video showcasing Skyrim. Notwithstanding what the game turned out to be, I thought they did a nice job at highlighting exploration, combat and the UI without spoiling anything.

I do not understand the appeal of that to be honest. Would the audio alone be that exciting?

well exciting isnt a good word to describe it, but last time i found it nice enough, it was cool to hear the presentation and explanations from the devs themselves, a bit of music, some sounds, etc.

better than just concept art for example :p

How can people be afraid they spoil the story somehow, in a 100+ hour game 45 minutes is nothing. When they are going to show anything it can be some of the side quests/events, show monster hunting, show crafting and just show the world in general. In between you can get to see conversation system, combat and alchemy for enhancing combat.

Bethesda released a 3 part 20 minute video showcasing Skyrim. Notwithstanding what the game turned out to be, I thought they did a nice job at highlighting exploration, combat and the UI without spoiling anything.

That was indeed a nice demo, something similar would work well to make us beg for more while showing a fair bit of the core mechanics.
The question is wether they can/will actually do that at E3 though, time is rare over there and the press conferences seem packed to the brink with content based on the rumours that appear. CD Projekt could also get away with another 2 minute trailer too.
@Geralt_of_bsas I suppose that it is better than nothing with some nice music and crowd reations. Though there must be a lot of silent moments.

I'm one of the people who don't want a 45 minute demo 9 months before release. What I want, however, is a 10 minute snippet of a quest (completely out of context) that shows off some of the game systems in action. I want to see the new facial animation and animation system in general. I wanna see the improved combat and dialog systems, dynamic weather, progress they've made on hair and fur... Basically, I want a sweet compact demo that mostly shows major game mechanics sprinkled with a few easter eggs for us, the fans, in the way of well-known character appearances or references to the books and previous games.

Top Bottom