E3 Discussion Thread

+

Jupiter_on_Mars

All those people bashing Mamais can go fu...nd a charity.

Mamas, you pot!
Thanks for the tremendous joint...effort!

YES and NO. Yes it does seem rather silly to high-light a no brainer wall to climb. But then again some people are really stupid and might need this to help them see. I can forgive the bright blood and sounds visuals in this mode but even this is a little much for my taste. But maybe that was harpy seamen on that wall who knows??? LOL..

Oh never mind it's just RAVEN shit and a lot of it.;)

This is still best for all the new people playing this game on consoles. At least herbs and points of inerest can only be seen in this witcher sense mode. So devs did that right this time, but it would be kool if those little white loot arrows pointing at things also was only seen in witcher sense mode as well. I still don't like seeing even the little tiny white arrows pointing out things all over the place like that cave where jonny was. I think it is fair to only see that stuff in witcher sense mode or let me turn it off.

I agree. It's fine if they highlight all the loot and points of interest in the witcher sense mode, but I really don't want any white arrows or other indicators on the screen during normal gameplay. At least there should be an option to turn it off.

All those people bashing Mamais can go fu...nd a charity.

Mamas, you pot!
Thanks for the tremendous joint...effort!
That wasn't my intention. I think John is a really cool and good guy who helps a lot to represent the game and franchise (on top of his producer job). But in most of the interviews on screen he seems to be too nervous or tired. The interview with Gamermd actually proves that he can be quite relaxed, funny and cool as well. I guess he has a whole lot of stagefright and prefers working in the background but it's good to see him in a more relaxed fashion if the atmosphere is right. ;)

Are we talking about the same John Mamais here? I've never seen him being nervous, ever. This guy has like god-like levels of chill.
It's subtle nervousness. On the big stage he tries to be very cool (instead of relaxed) which is imo a sign of some stagefright. I know that quite well myself as I stood on the stage more than once in front of a big crowd. However, I like his relaxed and funny side more than the coolness/"hard-guy-attitude", seems more natural and sympathetic to me.... ;)

But in most of the interviews on screen he seems to be too nervous or tired.

This is what I was expecting from Kinley, but since he didn't do it..

It's subtle nervousness. On the big stage he tries to be very cool (instead of relaxed) which is imo a sign of some stagefright. I know that quite well myself as I stood on the stage more than once in front of a big crowd. However, I like his relaxed and funny side more than the coolness/"hard-guy-attitude", seems more natural and sympathetic to me.... ;)

Never seen him act like a "hard guy" once. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Never seen him act like a "hard guy" once. So I don't know what you're talking about.
Doesn't matter. I was just talking about my positive reaction while watching the gamermd interview. Subjective impression.

There is really no need to discuss John's character or attitude here any further imo. ;)

Gotta say that gamermd interview, is probably the best I have watched so far. Not so much on the info acquired, but on the way the interview was done.

Gotta say that gamermd interview, is probably the best I have watched so far. Not so much on the info acquired, but on the way the interview was done.
Yeah, I guess this one and the one by AngryJoe will be the best. You can just see that these guys really care about the franchise and that the devs like their work as well. It's more a friendly conversation than a professional interview with a press guy who has to make dozens of interviews and stuff on E3 and therefore can't be that well preparated with good questions directly from the fans and communities... ;)

One thing I find curious is that this year nobody (in media) seems be worried about how CDRP will be able tell a strong story in an open world, something that never has been done before in an AAA game. It was a hot topic back in 2013 E3.

Sword again not in the scabbard. :facepalm: Fix it before doing new screenshots.
I don't understand. What's wrong here? One sword is in the scabbard, the other is in his hand.

One thing I find curious is that this year nobody (in media) seems be worried about how CDRP will be able tell a strong story in an open world, something that never has been done before in an AAA game. It was a hot topic back in 2013 E3.
Well, it's CD Projekt Red. They don't tell weak stories ;). Although until 2011 the same could have been said about BioWare :/.
Besides, Fallout: New Vegas did quite well in terms of the story in the open world game. However one might say it's negotiable whether it was an AAA title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom