[SOLVED] Cannot install EE patch: Says my game is not registered (it is).

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED] Cannot install EE patch: Says my game is not registered (it is).

Did a new install of The Witcher on my Vista 64bit rig with no problems. Registered the game. Received the 'Successful Registration' email. Game runs fine. I am connected to the internet. However, I cannot install the EE patch because I am interrupted by a window that says my game is not registered. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a manual registration for the patch available?

I have read elsewhere that I have to install the patch on the computer that originally activated the game. Well, that computer is long gone, but my copy of the Witcher is still my own. Is there anything I can do to install the EE patch short of repurchasing the software?

Yea i got this exact same problem at the moment and on top of that i dont think we can delete our account and reregister our game.

KhalGeralt said:
I have read elsewhere that I have to install the patch on the computer that originally activated the game. Well, that computer is long gone, but my copy of the Witcher is still my own. Is there anything I can do to install the EE patch short of repurchasing the software?
First I cheered for this company regarding this EE update. And I thought, registration is the least I can do for this great update.But I feel less and less happy with how they are handling the roll out of this update.I have my game registered (got 2 times the same email registration was succesful with a time interval of 30 minutes), but the patch itself will not install.R.

KhalGeralt said:
that must be BS! however i remeber bioshock only allowed a max of 5 installs on your computer, lets just say after the community uproar they took that out and you can now install/uninstall as many times as you want!!!

Hey guys, even though I have registered the game already, I reopened the register.exe application and re-registered the game, but this time I used lower-case letters for the registration code.I have no idea why this should work, but work it did. When I tried to run the EE patch, it actually installed this time. Go figure.It's worth a try. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom