Instructions/Reference/Tutorial?

+
Instructions/Reference/Tutorial?

There is a form of tutorial with the game. But is there anything more in-depth defining gameplay, terms used, decks, actions, etc.?

My first area with questions is Hero special actions. I've only played as Dandelion so I'm unfamiliar with the other three.

Geralt uses potion development cards, Triss has spell development cards and Yarpen has companion cards. I've seen none of these in-game so shall I assume that all 3 heroes have different development card decks unique to their character? Are Yarpen's companion cards a separate deck or part of, perhaps, his own unique deck of development cards?

For Dandelion, his special action is Sing from which he garners two gold pieces. It's described as taking two gold "from the supply". What "supply"? Is it limited?

There's no explanation of the War Track and it's impact. Similarly, being delayed is an otherwise obscure concept not defined until I saw a post in this forum.

Fast Travel is limited on the map and not all destinations are available. How are possible Fast Travel destinations determined?

These are just a few questions that come to mind quickly while playing the game. I'm more interested in a single go-to source for gameplay, definitions, etc. as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Does one exist?

Thanks! And I'm enjoying the game! Except when other players leave the game... :(

Lexor

Forum veteran
Yarpen is using command to select 2 of 4 companions to make an action - there are just 4 of them and all the time the same ones. One of companions (if selected) charges two development cards - each one gets one charge.

War Track is placing monster or skull in your region on advance.

By using Fast Travel you can move by 1 or 2 areas (2 is the proper use for this action, 1 is only good when you have heart on Travel action and can not use it).

What OP said.

As an old and avid boardgamer (25+ years), I find it pretty annoying to play just in order to try to understand the rules of the game.

Top Bottom