Game Awards 2014 - Most Anticipated Games- Witcher 3 - Fans Choice

+
The show starts in:

See you there! :)

3:00 AM?

Soon @Marcin Momot, soon you will be hyped by us...

Soon!

What happened with texture quality in that shot?

They decided to become the next great buzzword, "downtextured". CDPR was powerless to stop them, they could use force, but at the end of the day, textures are their children, and how can one treat their own children in that manner and stop them from making their own choices...?
So now this promo picture rages across the internet space, a mere vessel for the downtexture squad in the great buzzword crusade of our time.

I asked because to me it looks like they used low-res image and then stretched it, but Im not really sure, all I wanted is your opinion..

We havent seen even one second of that video to judge. And yet there possible will be uncompressed version with much better quality. Hmm. I wonder is it possible that his new swords are low-level, different from the ones before.

Last edited:
I asked because to me it looks like they used low-res image and then stretched it, but Im not really sure, all I wanted is your opinion..

Textures are great imo. Maybe the problem for u is lack of sharpening filter ;) ? And very well, because sharpening filter is terrible :p .

What happened with texture quality in that shot?

Texture quality is fine. It all depends on which size you release it in. So let's say you release it for a 600x400 or 800x600 size but the original size was higher it could be that if you zoom in the texture quality is low. That often happens with pictures which are scaled down in size and then scaled up again, because the texture quality WITHIN the picture seems pretty consistent indicating it is not a graphical problem but a screenshot/image resolution problem.

At least that is my best guess.

Texture quality is fine. It all depends on which size you release it in. So let's say you release it for a 600x400 or 800x600 size but the original size was higher it could be that if you zoom in the texture quality is low. That often happens with pictures which are scaled down in size and then scaled up again, because the texture quality WITHIN the picture seems pretty consistent indicating it is not a graphical problem but a screenshot/image resolution problem.

At least that is my best guess.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too, thank you for your answer. :)

The award might be pointless to some, but not to Reds. It really means a lot when the most anticipated game is about to be released, increasing the hype that much more. It's just free promotion for Reds to take that center stage for the award. And beating Batman in the popularity contest isn't suppose to be possible. A game that's more popular than Batman, what? It gets other gamers thinking...

I think it's a big deal and should help the sales for W3. It's not so pointless to us if selling more mean more content for the game... you know how they like to thank the fans.

Gamespot is covering the show. Not sure about IGN.

Why does Foltest's old throne room look like a real-world church???
Maybe it's because cathedrals are the most authentically preserved architecture from the medieval period? I mean, I can't think of any throne rooms that survived to the modern day. Whereas Notre Dame probably looks the same as it did 850 years ago or at least close to it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Vizima's throne looks almost identical to Minas Terith's in the LOTR movies.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because cathedrals are the most authentically preserved architecture from the medieval period? I mean, I can't think of any throne rooms that survived to the modern day. Whereas Notre Dame probably looks the same as it did 850 years ago or at least close to it.

Yeah, but I'd have wished for a little bit more creativity there instead of just rebranding the typcial Gothic church design... Inspiration is cool but an almost 1 to 1 copy? Hm...

Top Bottom