Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
My worst fear is that they try to "fix" the retarded controls and break my nice running re-binds and mouse scripts.

After I went through a whole tube of anti-inflammatory creme, I'm happy I wrote a few scripts to truly repair those keyboard and mouse controls. First time in 5 years that my hand cramped up like that within an hour. The standard controls do not agree with my RSI, even after rebinding nearly everything... Too think I can play DA:O with only one hand...

Without the two-button mouse run I created I'd be screwed.
Which mouse scripts do you use? Can you bind more than three mouse buttons with it? How does it work? Can you somehow "fix" free mouse look with these scripts?

---------- Updated at 04:19 PM ----------

What bothers me so much is that all these so called patches don't have proper patch notes. If they had someone would scream don't install before the patch went live.(
Hm, the patch notes seems to be proper enough for me:
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/12/09/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-2-notes/

Pity, I would have liked a few of those fixes. Controller rumble dying out's an issue for me, as is audio cutting out after AOEs, and of course the search radar improvements would be nice.

That shaky camera thing in character creation was annoying too.

Pity, I would have liked a few of those fixes. Controller rumble dying out's an issue for me, as is audio cutting out after AOEs, and of course the search radar improvements would be nice.

That shaky camera thing in character creation was annoying too.

I hated the awkward camera controls in the creator. I would try and turn my Inquisitor's face and instead reshape her nose/mouth etc and it was quite frustrating.

I hated the awkward camera controls in the creator. I would try and turn my Inquisitor's face and instead reshape her nose/mouth etc and it was quite frustrating.

Yea, and I felt that a loooot more when making a chick character. My male was rather simple. Only thing I tweaked was the nose and adam's apple as far as proportions go. The female needed a lot more tweaks and I had to start over several times because it was unclear sometimes which direction to go, and where the default spot was. Which would sometimes reset just by backing out, but not other times, like with lips.

That's not gonna get patched though. That's just how it works. It's still good though, just a bit annoying to deal with at first.

Yea, and I felt that a loooot more when making a chick character. My male was rather simple. Only thing I tweaked was the nose and adam's apple as far as proportions go. The female needed a lot more tweaks and I had to start over several times because it was unclear sometimes which direction to go, and where the default spot was. Which would sometimes reset just by backing out, but not other times, like with lips.

That's not gonna get patched though. That's just how it works. It's still good though, just a bit annoying to deal with at first.

Yeahhh I'm not sure exactly why, but it seems much easier to make an attractive looking male character, whereas for the female characters you have to fix so much more stuff. I love my current Inquisitor but I spent ages designing her face so she wouldn't look bad, and even then sometimes at a certain angle I'm like... hmm :|

I think that might have more to do with a difference between men and women in general. I think women have a higher expected standard of aesthetic beauty than men do.

A little ugliness actually looks good on dudes. That and the beard does half the work, lol, so tweaking chins and cheekbones, pretty much not necessary at all with my character.

I mean that if you don't want to be right, then mission accomplished ;) lol.
Anyway, so as not to be spammy and annoy the mods, what's your go to team? I have a team for just enjoying exploration mostly, then one for getting stuff killed dead real good.

Hmmm my favourite team atm is Cassandra, Varric and Dorian. Unfortunately this team seem to give me pretty meh banter, as it's normally Varric and Cassandra bickering, and then Dorian asking Cassandra why the seekers are incompetent.

I've been rolling with Cassandra, Blackwall, and Solas. It was pretty interesting for awhile. Cassandra and Blackwall would talk about their orders. Solas and Cassandra would talk about the Seekers and the fact that Solas is an apostate (Cassandra respects him even though he is one.) Solas and Blackwall would talk about war.

But now that I finished Blackwall's personal quest it's pretty boring. Blackwall makes pretty awkward jokes (almost as if he feels uncomfortable) and Solas and Cassandra both hate him. I want him replaced, but he is the best tank in the game :(

I always have Cassandra in my party, so the other two slots are all that change, and it's usually between the mages. Dorian and Solas are hilarious because they just take turns insulting eachother and their clothes, and Vivienne bickers with Cassandra.

My team for dragon killing's cassandra, blackwall and a mage. That mage is Vivienne now that I know how badass she is. Otherwise, it's those three and Solas or Dorian. Love those two. I use Blackwall a little less now, he's kind of boring in banter.

I would love to use the rogues more.... Sera's a hoot. But the rogues SUUUUCCCCKKKK. God they suck. Iron Bull's got good dialogue himself, and I'm going to find a way to make him stop sucking.... but as of now, yea, he gets dropped really quickly as well.

I'll probably get him some fade touched obsidian, that should do the trick.

---------- Updated at 05:07 PM ----------

I've been rolling with Cassandra, Blackwall, and Solas. It was pretty interesting for awhile. Cassandra and Blackwall would talk about their orders. Solas and Cassandra would talk about the Seekers and the fact that Solas is an apostate (Cassandra respects him even though he is one.) Solas and Blackwall would talk about war.

But now that I finished Blackwall's personal quest it's pretty boring. Blackwall makes pretty awkward jokes (almost as if he feels uncomfortable) and Solas and Cassandra both hate him. I want him replaced, but he is the best tank in the game :(

Keep going, eventually Cassandra stops hating him :) It is
a sad character progression though, since she seemed to respect him so much in the beginning. Not that you can blame her or anyone else for hating him. He's still my bro though.

@Unkindled Blackwall used to be one of my favorite characters. He had such a strong "retired soldier who is tired of war" archetype to him. But now that I've done his personal quest I don't anymore.
The moral thing to do in that situation was to let him die in his cell. But the Inquisition needs him to use the Grey Warden treaties. So I broke him out and told him he could redeem himself by joining the Grey Wardens after the war.
Iron Bull and Cassandra's dialogue is pretty funny too. The one time I had them together they were talking about the feeling they get in the middle of combat and how it gives Iron Bull a boner. Cassandra is my favorite character, btw.

Yeah I love having Sera in my party because she's funny as hell but not particularly strong, and the only reason I have Varric in my party is because compared to the other rogues he's a bit hardier, and I love him the most <3

I brought Vivienne and Dorian with Blackwall together once and I felt bad because Dorian and Vivienne both ganged up on Blackwall and he seemed a bit sad afterwards. Although after that he and Vivienne had another chat and they seemed to be okay after that. But Blackwall and Dorian really don't get on.

edit: oooooh i haven't finished Blackwall's quest yet :((( I love him so much atm for the reasons you've listed and now I'm afraid I won't like him anymore after I do his quest :(

Well, it was a doozy for sure, but I still like him. Don't read, Ciri:

He's here with you after all, because he wants to change and make a difference. Everyone has the capacity to change if the will is there. What's past is past. His turning himself in showed me that. I do get a pit in my stomach listening to him talk about the Grey Wardens in the beginning... so much makes sense now... but it is what it is. Still one of my favorite characters.

Cassandra's definitely my fav too. Actually, the only character from the cast I don't really like is Sera, despite her amusing comments. Iron Bull surprised me the most, because as absurd as he looks, and is, he's actually a good character and has a lot of interesting things to say.

Top Bottom