The Floating Prison quest: Need Help!

+
The Floating Prison quest: Need Help!

Hi guys,

I have got one big problem with this quest - can't save those three elven women from burning tower. After releasing 3rd woman my Geralt just dies immediately. I am not stepping on the fire or something, I tried even with trainer - the result is the same: Geralt dies. I don't know - is it a bug or maybe there is another problem...I have tried to save them maybe 15 times and just in vain :(

Can someone help me to pass that? In this save file I am in a balcony of that tower, you will only have to release those elven women and jump off...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tcig5j101wut568/QuickSave.sav

Thank you in advance!

---------- Post merged on 18-12-2014 at 01:42 AM ----------

So, am I the only one who encounters this problem? :facepalm:

Sorry I'm not in a position to run the savegame right now, but hopefully someone will come along.
But I am a bit concerned that you're having problems with this. I saw you also had a problem with the kayran, which isn't unusual, but I think this is the first time I've seen anyone unable to get past this point.
Could you also post your system specs? It would be good to see if there's a general problem that may come up again, and see if there's anything to tweak to make it possible for you to handle the QTEs. As well as the usual stuff, could you also advise if you're using a wired or wireless mouse/keyboard, and the resolution that you're playing the game in? (Dropping the resolution and/or moving to windowed mode for these segments may help).

Hello, thank you for the answer.
My laptop specs are quite low for this game, I am running it on lowest mode. I am using wired mouse. The resolution I do play the game is 1600x900. But the resolution does nothing for me - I tried the lowest one and no changes. The game runs smooth enough, yes, I had problem with QTE when killing Kayran, but I don't think problem lays here...because Geralt dies immediately after I release last elven woman. Well, here is not a big problem, I simply can go and hunt down Loredo, but I really wish to save those elves instead :(
4 GB RAM
CPU: 2.10 GHZ, Intel Core I3
GPU: 1 GB, NVidia GeForce GT540 M
HDD: 500 GB

I don`t know unless you waited too long before trying to free them . You don`t have a great deal of time to begin with . Anyway after dying three times rather quickly I ran through the door and freed the one sitting on the floor , then the one against the wall and finally the one by the door on each one clicking to fill the QTE bar as fast as I possibly could and finally on the last try succeeded .

From this day, you shall be known as Speedy Gonzales..!

Well, I haven't wait at all - I went to the tower almost immediately....But perhaps when a player starts to release them, he or she gets limited time. Just guessing :hmmm:
Anyway, thank you for helping :) I really wanted to save elves instead go to hunt down Loredo :)

I also had the same problem. In general, I had problems with all QTEs, just in that quest and Kayran quest, the time is very limited. I also play on laptop.

SOLVED
You have to run and start unbinding the womans before she say "unbind us".
If we go slow, the fire come strong from the floor and kill instantly.

Top Bottom