Mens Lounge

+
more comfortable, and I can take a couple of minutes to play something on my cell phone

For me, nothing's more comfortable than just unzipping and letting it loose. Then again, if you take a couple of minutes, then I guess you might as well take a seat. It's just that I'm usually done in seconds and I rather like it that way.

As for it being cleaner to do it while sitting, I clean my own toilet and I've never had issues. Maybe I'm just really good at aiming...

Deep homemade cheap philosophy:

On this day, sorrouned and overwhelmed by arupt equality, men still pee standing to verify manually that they remain men

Last edited:
I love anime. But I have to ask this: why does most anime adopt western character types? Hardly anyone looks Asian in anime...why? I have some thoughts on it, but I want other opinions.

I love anime. But I have to ask this: why does most anime adopt western character types? Hardly anyone looks Asian in anime...why? I have some thoughts on it, but I want other opinions.
Homogeneous and strict collective society. Western people have trouble fitting into Japanese society with their unique culture and customs so everyone looks more or less the same. And the few western people truly stand out from the crowd. My guess is that Japanese people see individualistic western societies with their myriad of ethnicities very intriguing compared to their own.

Last edited:
If you think those are supposed to be 'western' characters in anime well... you'd be wrong :p

Some might go through the extra effort of making the 'Western'(can we stop using this term already?) characters look different but most of the time the only indication is names, like when all the main characters have Japanese names and then one Andy appears out of nowhere even if they look the same. Maybe some will go ahead and they'll add blonde hair to signify the difference again depending on the art style(whether everyone has random coloured hair or realistic) but in general it's not a representation of 'western characters' at all but of themselves and/or people from whatever fictional location was pricked.

Bottom line is, from my observation, everyone does things their own way, trying to find them into boxes of "Eastern" and "Western" won't help and further add to confusion.

unlike say Hollywood where the entire cast needs to be 'whitewashed' for an adaptation.(GITS being the most recent example that comes to mind)

Last edited:
Don't really like these weird japanese cartoons, but this one got me. I sit before me screen till tthe end and laughed like a whale few times. Good vid.
There are a total of 6 episodes and they're all on youtube. It's a pretty fun series :p

Any one got tips for someone who is just starting? I am doing some (just starting >.>) basic fitness to loose some weight and increase my fitness. But if I could somehow combine the weight (fat) loss and gain a bit of muscle that would be great.
I have been an athlete for a long time, and so it is important for me to know how to maximize productivity, maintain as much muscle as possible while losing water weight and fat. So I've read many articles scientific and bro science, and I've experimented a lot throughout years.
There are two parts to this. As an athlete you don't always walk around in the shape that you are when you are competing, but you have to maintain a logical fitness level and weight that is not too difficult to maintain, and at the same time it is easy to cut weight.
I'll tell you what works best for me to remain in good shape through out the year. You eat healthy 5-6 days a week and stay 200-500 below you daily caloric needs, then you eat whatever unhealthy foods you want 1-2 days a week. Healthy food includes protein, fat, and carbohydrate. Your body needs fat and carbs, it uses them to produce important hormones such as testosterone. Cutting carbs is not a good long term solution, because you mostly lose water weight and it reduces your testosterone levels. I eat 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% vegetables each meal, and fruits and nuts once a day. Never go more than 500 calories under your need, because it slows your metabolism down. Your cheat days are actually meant to give your metabolism a boost, while it also helps you to put off you cravings. It is important to have cheat days.
I normally weigh around 185 lbs, but for competitions I have to cut down to 170 lbs. So I follow an extreme diet for quick weight loss in a small period of time, then I go back to the normal diet.
I do intermittent fasting, which basically means you fast for a period of time and you eat for a period of time. I do not eat anything except water for 20 hours a day, then I eat all my calories in a 4 hours period. I eat 500 calories below my dietary needs, and I cut down my carbs significantly and increase my protein intake in order to lose water weight. Intermittent fasting helps with cleansing you body, and increasing your insulin sensitivity. Most of the foods we eat today have chemicals in them, which takes a toll on our metabolisms because our liver and so on have to break those chemicals instead of properly digest and burn food. When you intermittent fast, you give your body more time to get rid of toxins and chemicals, and it also retrains your body to use your stored fat deposits instead of the glucose that is in your blood after consumption of food. Scientific studies show that intermittent fasting increases testosterone levels significantly as well. I generally do intermittent fasting every day even when I am not cutting weight for a competition, because I feel better in general. But I eat for 6-7 hours off season, and I stop eating for the remainder of the day. Our ancestors where hunters and gatherers for millions of years, so they ate after hunting and then they starved until the next time they did hunt. So our bodies are actually adapted to that lifestyle for millions of years, while the lifestyle we live today has been around for 5000 years after agriculture. I feel more energetic and stronger after I was introduced to intermittent fasting.
But keep in mind that our bodies work differently, and you have to experiment and adjust it to fit your needs.
Also if you have diabetes or any other conditions you have to consult with a doctor, and I am serious about this. For example intermittent fasting can be really dangerous for people with diabetes.
I hope it helps :)

*sigh*

I liked it when my body could maintain itself as a child instead of having to create a routine to "stay fit" and keep a level of natural 'skill' on its own instead of regular practice.

Reading so much about all these long and arduous ways of 'staying fit' only puts me further off.

I don't know, I am not particularly muscular or anything, but I just eat normally whatever I want, how much I want, meaning a mix of everything. Sometimes meat, sometimes fish, lots of regular meals with vegetables, that are tasty without having to worry about how much calories and how healthy something is. If it is a good mix of everything, then you are good. Ride my bike to most places, when the weather allows, and do sporty for fun twice a week how much I want to and sometimes go for a walk to enjoy the fresh air and to talk a bit.
I think to stay healthy is really easy for me, I would have to make an effort to not move or eat unhealthy. Don't understand all this fuss. Don't need to be particularly muscular.
I like food, but it probably helps, that I don't drink alcohol nor coffee and don't smoke and that my body usually tells me by craving, what different food I should eat right now to have a mixed diet.

Is this an official commercial on TV?

Reading so much about all these long and arduous ways of 'staying fit' only puts me further off.

Yeah. Well, that's why you're not fit.

There is no easy way. There are -easier- ways and harder ways, but if it was easy, everyone would have done it.

Find an acitivity you like and do it until you sweat. Eat, as shawn_kh says, 5-6 small, healthy meals a day. Mostly protein, healthy carbs like oatmeal and brown rice, healthy fats like avocado and olive oil.

DO NOT undereat. Bowl-sized meals are usually best. Avoid foods that come in plastic, out of cans or are not fresh.

Voila. Now keep it up for at least 6 months. After that, eat relatively sanely, have pizza once or twice a week, avoid pop/soda nearly all the time and try to exercise briskly at least three times a week for at least half an hour.

Enjoy a longer-living, healthier, sexier, better-feeling body.

Until you die, of course. Probably in a horrible fruit-related incident.

Top Bottom