The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
So we know that we can charm some enemies to fight for us but I hope we can also make them go berserk also,preferably with coated bolts(like frenzy in skyrim or berserk darts/blades in AC BF/Unity)

Last edited:
The 1st thing I did when I developed program is solving the subjects then tested on every possible outputs and predicted about the misuse, user error etc. after that I'll telling them about hardware requirements for this project (very tiny and less variables to concerned when compared with PC Gaming industry).

The code optimization is much harder than fixing bugs, you need new idea, method and understand the whole things what you're trying to do and consequence when you changed the methods to teaching the programs to be smarter or more efficiency. I'm not talking about optimized textures or models. Why we need to upgrade or paid more money for PC if it's the same feature as console.

It's complicated, take time, risk, and unnecessary costs at launch think about cash flow,customers, employees and business.
I'm customer of course. and they already know how to verifed their code in programming tools.

Last edited:
You seem to have a misconception of what compiling means in terms of software engineering. Compiling is the process of translating the written source code into processor specific binary code. Is a complex multi-step process that results in the creation of a binary executable. It requires absolutely no intervention on the part of the developers, it's automatic. If the game's source code was available, we could compile the game ourselves, me, you, everyone, provided we had all the dependencies. It literally is as easy as pushing a button.

Compiler Optimizations are nothing more than flags you can activate to make the compiler perform extra steps such as loop unrolling, function inlining, aligment, array stacking, etc, when translating the source code into binary. This will produce a faster executable. Some optimizations are architecture dependent; an executable compiled with such optimizations will perform bad on a CPU of a different architecture. Obviously these optimizations are not enabled when producing executables for a wide variety of CPUs.

What I asked is for the devs to compile the game once more after they compile the official executable but to activate more aggressive and architecture specific optimizations this time. In order no to create extra work for them, this special build would be completely unsupported and undisclosed.

No. I know exactly what compiling means. I also know what it means to determine whether a feature should be included in a product. Unless you are building software just for the hell of it, you make a careful and informed decision as to every component that is included.

Asking the developers to compile the game again is not only asking them to do more work, it's also asking them to include that work in a finished product. That's feature creep. The best way to wreck a project that is already behind schedule and in crunch mode is to claim that your pet feature is not feature creep. Thus, HELL NO.

Asking the developers to compile the game again is not only asking them to do more work, it's also asking them to include that work in a finished product.
As a GNU/Linux user I've compiled more software than I'd like to admit. I've also compiled plenty of code written by me. Depending on the project this process can range from trivial to gruesome. There is one thing that remains constant no matter the extent of the project: re-compiling. Once the code is compiled re-compiling will remain the same, i.e trivial a mere push of a button, as long as the code remains the same as well. To call re-compiling a project "Work" is beyond hyperbole. Any software developer will attest to that. Hell CDProject has to re-compile the game every time new code is introduced. It is an extremely annoying process due to the time it takes on large projects but it can't be called "Work".

1- Push button, 2- go take some coffee, play ping-pong 3- Repeat 2 until 1 becomes available.

As for them having to include the executables in the game, I couldn't care less. They can post it on Media Fire for all I care. Release it as a mod, as part of the enhanced edition or after cyberpunk gets out. It doesn't matter to me. I won't be playing at launch anyway.

What your opinion does not take into account is the huge difference between amateur and organic code, and code that goes into the general release of a supported product. Nothing you have written indicates that you have taken that into consideration. This is why professional engineers and not armchair developers run projects.

My last word on the subject is this.

You do not, as a matter of business practice, ever release code for which there is no requirement. You do not release code you have not tested as extensively as all the other code in the project. You do not make it available as a hidden component or via a side channel. It's simply not professional, and a sign that amateurs are driving your product development, to do any of those things.

Last edited:
ou do not release code you have not tested as extensively as all the other code in the project. You do not make it available as a hidden component or via a side channel. It's simply not professional, and a sign that amateurs are driving your product development, to do any of those things.
I now see your point and completely agree with you. I still believe it is their place to decide what they release and how.

You do not, as a matter of business practice, ever release code for which there is no requirement.
Thinking there is no requirement for compiler optimizations is how we ended up with vanilla Skyrim. The devs felt pressured and ashamed after an "amateur" developer named Boris Vorontosov hacked some basic optimizations via dll injection into the game's executable memory, and they gave in and released a build with full optimizations. We have this "amateur" developer to thank for the fact that Skyrim runs as well on the PC as it runs today.

I am being unfair though, as we are not talking about mere compiler optimizations but of specific architecture optimizations. Which as far as I know have never been baked on a PC game.

Nor would you want to put architecture-specific optimizations into a PC game. If you do, you have to support every blasted architecture you compiled it for. The cost of doing so is hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, if you run a miraculously lean and mean support department. With a $60 game and free support, what additional profit is coming in to pay for that?

Architecture-specific optimizations make a little more sense when you are developing high-unit-price, pay-for-support professional software. Products of the level of Photoshop and upward. If your users can get more work done faster when they can use AVX2 floating point, there is money to be made by building in the option to enable it on capable processors [Haswell].

But the true cost of such work is not the cost of compiling it. The true cost is so much greater that the ability to compile it quickly is really not even relevant.

Last edited:
I wish microsofts hardware was not such crap!! lol... I wish for TW3 gameplay to look at least as good as Ryse Son of Rome.
I mean yeah, I wish it looked way better.. but that's microsofts fault for being cheap I guess, I might have to buy a ps4 just to play TW3, if the graphics are going to suck that bad on my xb1 :( what a shame.. because, I know these devs can do way better to make this game the best for us gamers, but can't because the xb1 one is a gimp, it's not fair to the devs or gamers :( Waaaaaa lol..

Last edited:
I wish microsofts hardware was not such crap!! lol... I wish for TW3 gameplay to look at least as good as Ryse Son of Rome.
I mean yeah, I wish it looked way better.. but that's microsofts fault for being cheap I guess, I might have to buy a ps4 just to play TW3, if the graphics are going to suck that bad on my xb1 :( what a shame.. because, I know these devs can do way better to make this game the best for us gamers, but can't because the xb1 one is a gimp, it's not fair to the devs or gamers :( Waaaaaa lol..

The graphics don't appear to actually "suck" on any platform. The Xbox One has performed better than anyone thought it would with this game. They've put a lot of effort into making it look good on all platforms, and it shows.

If your definition of "not sucks" requires good performance at 1080p, though, they haven't promised that they can get the Xbox One up there, but it's not for lack of trying.

The graphics don't appear to actually "suck" on any platform. The Xbox One has performed better than anyone thought it would with this game. They've put a lot of effort into making it look good on all platforms, and it shows.

If your definition of "not sucks" requires good performance at 1080p, though, they haven't promised that they can get the Xbox One up there, but it's not for lack of trying.

You're right, I'm just trippin, when I shouldn't.
I'm sorry ;)

I would really like to see options for minimalistic interface. Some of the people who were lucky enough to participate in the hands-on event (as well as some devs if I recall correctly) have compared TW3 to Gothic games. Which is purely awesome. But remember how minimalistic the interface was in Gothic? I'd like the same for TW3. All the HUD elements popping up completely ruin immersion for me. I wish items / NPCs could be highlighted instead of having a name / button / action text pop up above them.

View attachment 10379

Attachments

• Interface.jpg
    Interface.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 41
I would really like to see options for minimalistic interface. Some of the people who were lucky enough to participate in the hands-on event (as well as some devs if I recall correctly) have compared TW3 to Gothic games. Which is purely awesome. But remember how minimalistic the interface was in Gothic? I'd like the same for TW3. All the HUD elements popping up completely ruin immersion for me. I wish items / NPCs could be highlighted instead of having a name / button / action text pop up above them.

View attachment 10379

HUD is customizable to some extent. According to Marcin Momot:

Regarding the HUD, you will be able to change the size of the icons/fonts as well as hide certain/all elements. Hope this answers some of the questions

That's good news. I just hope it's customizable enough so folks can disable individual elements. Heck, I'd even hide it all!

Same here... exp points, monster level numbers, enemy healthbars, floating text, button icon prompts AND highlighted npc's, ruins full immersion completly!
But yeah, I really think we will have the freedom and the pleasure, to turn all kinds of stuff on and off. CDPR is awesome ;)

Making a sum of what I would like, I gathered a few points:

1- More convincing feedback on strikes, be it in receiving damage animations and offensive animations, for both Geralt and his opponents, be it monsters or humans.
2- Complex A.I. at least for the fights.
3- Options to disable the elements of the HUD which are too intrusive and immersion breaking.
4- Environmental interaction especially concerning the fight.

That's it.

View attachment 10379

Yeah, I agree. I don't want the controls to be simplistic though (simple on and off), because we may need to have text for those that aren't speaking in English (e.g. the Nilfgaard soldiers).

Yeah, I agree. I don't want the controls to be simplistic though (simple on and off), because we may need to have text for those that aren't speaking in English (e.g. the Nilfgaard soldiers).

I don't think Geralt can speak Nilfgaardian, so perhaps unless the black soldiers speak Norse (or whatever the common language is called), it's ok for player not to understand them. Can serve for some cool moments, like Nilfgaardian soldiers making jokes at Geralt as he doesn't understand a word. But yeah, would be nice if many elements were optional. Also, UI opacity slider could be rather useful.

I would like to see a few things, for example

- as many as possible characters from the witcher book series, there were many in first two parts of the game, so I hope that Red project will continue with that, and i hope there will be many quests that I can do with those characters and for them

-It would be great that the shops have uniqe and great items that i want to buy, I played many RPG games where shops doesnt offer nothing better than the items you already have, and when you kill some boss you get much better items than the ones in the shop. It was good in W1 and W2, shops had all kinds of things that i would like to buy, especially the books about monsters, that was great, if you want to be better prepared for the fight with monsters, buy the expensive book

- I would also like different currencies, like novigradian crowns and wiziman orens, I dont know if that would be good for the game, but I would like it, it would be interesting

That are the first things that crossed my mind, I would like to see so many other things, especially many mini games like drinking games, fist fightings and all that

It's a rather silly thing to wish for I know but if Vernon Roche is to appear in TW3 then I would wish for him to have an amusing interaction with Geralt over the fact that every horse that Geralt has had, he named them all Roach. Some comical misunderstanding?:hmm: This and stuff that has been previously posted would give me great joy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom