I hope Witcher 3 has a way better final chapter then 2!

+
My two cents: I loved both TW1 and TW2's epilogues, but I prefer the latter, because at the end the world state can be heavily influenced by your choices throughout the game. The feel that your choice matter: this is what I seek in an RPG.
I'm sure CDRP won't disappoint me in TW3.

My two cents: I loved both TW1 and TW2's epilogues, but I prefer the latter, because at the end the world state can be heavily influenced by your choices throughout the game. The feel that your choice matter: this is what I seek in an RPG.
I'm sure CDRP won't disappoint me in TW3.

I totally agree with you. At the very end, whatever have been your decisions during the game, you really have the feeling that the world of Gerlat has changed due to your behavior and your choices. One simple example: spare Prince Stennis or not. If you let furious people kill him ,Aedirn will fall because there will be no king. And the destiny of the reign will be affected also by Geralt choice to kill or not Saskia (in dragon form)...and what about the decision to spare or not Henselt as well? Or saving the La Vallette child...I could go on for hours! :) Just to say those decision really make a difference at the end of the game. I'm curious to see how CDPR will relate so many possibilities to the new chapter...

Last edited:
and I wonder how many things they cut out from TW2, and they will ever reveal anything about this? Maybe they are using somestuff for the third game we will see.

Only thing I can say about this is I've never seen anyone say "I'm glad Brokilon wasn't in TW2, I don't want to go there, ever". I reckon the REDs can't be unaware its a fan favourite, so you know... I've absolutely no idea at all what I would do in their shiny shoes. ;)

Hey guys, didn't read all the posts so forgive me if someone said that already, but wouldn't it be awesome if we would one day see a "The Witcher 2 - Ultimate Edition"
were they included the Valley of Flowers storyline and the complete act 3 as it was planned? I mean a lot of games get remakes or remasters these days, and if some games deserve it, then TW1 and TW2 are definitely one of them IMO.

Oh man will it ever. I mean those people were working for around 15 years on tW series. If there's a conclusion to the story I bet my ass it's going to be big.

While I agree that the last chapter was a bit short, compared with the rest of the game. I don't think it's was a bad chapter. I mean it was the end of your journey, of TW2, and all decisions you have made came to a conclusion in that chapter.

And yes the last chapter of TW1 was imho better, and longer but that doesn't make it better. But I find that TW1 in general was a better game than TW2.

And yes the last chapter of TW1 was imho better, and longer but that doesn't make it better. But I find that TW1 in general was a better game than TW2.

TW1 was a complete game. The more I hear and see about TW3 the more TW2 feels like a prologue to TW3.

TW1 was a complete game. The more I hear and see about TW3 the more TW2 feels like a prologue to TW3.

I think that's a load of bollocks.

Regardless of what CDPR wanted/intended to put into TW2 but couldn't because of budget or time constraints, it is still most definitely a complete game.

When we look at the size of The Witcher 3, the move to an open world, finally the addition of key book characters like Emhyr, Ciri & Yennefer etc, I'd ONLY accept your comment if we say that BOTH Witcher 1 & 2 feel like a prologue to TW3. As it stands though, it's cheating TW2 of the recognition it DEFINITELY deserves.

I didn't mean to demean W2, but it seems to me while W1 standing more apart; W2 and W3 are more connected(time & story-wise) and W3's at least 35 times larger in map size and all that. Tho "prologue" was a bit harsh yeah.

but it seems to me while W1 standing more apart; W2 and W3 are more connected(time & story-wise) and W3's at least 35 times larger in map size and all that.

Well that I can get behind, and if that's what you initially meant then I apologize for perhaps coming across a bit reactionary.

I've noticed a strong influx of completely unfounded W2 hate in various places just over the last 6months - 1 year, and it has caused me to get my back up a little bit in defense of TW2.

Top Bottom