Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's hard with gaming music, everyone has a different taste.
Some people love having gaming music all the time and very powerful music at that while others (like myslelf) prefer a balance of the natrual environment sounds and a subtle underlining atmosphere-creating music.

Music doesn't have to be "EPIC" all the time, it only has to be epic in the right moments and otherwise help to deliver the background atmosphere and match the landscape. I don't want the "most epic battle sound ever" when fighting a drowner. I mean - it's just DROWNER.
I agree, I like how RDR did it when we got to the other map up halfway through the game and that song starts to play while we were on horseback. I also just like to turn all the music off/down in the settings options, just to listen to the nature sounds and play the game in a more realistic way :)

Heh, I was just thinking how unlucky it is that Dragonbird locked the thread just a few hours before some new information was released that had to do with it. At least it's of the positive sort. I'm surprised that it went relatively without attention that they mentioned ultra settings also included denser foliage. It's nice to hear, and I wasn't expecting that.

thanks for the reply,
indeed it as you said. too bad locked it down so fast T_T. I wrote some ideas and insight on the whole optimization process from my own perspective, as a mechanical engineer.

other than that, the game is shaping up nicely and it seems to confirm the what i've been thinking about and wrote -hints at wanting to post it-

thanks for the reply,
indeed it as you said. too bad locked it down so fast T_T. I wrote some ideas and insight on the whole optimization process from my own perspective, as a mechanical engineer.

other than that, the game is shaping up nicely and it seems to confirm the what i've been thinking about and wrote -hints at wanting to post it-

Well the game seems to be shaping up great indeed. I'm sure we are all, or almost all, very happy with that :D.
As for the thoughts on the quality and such, there is a thread in this forum called "True grit or disneyland" that you could share your opinion about the games quality. That's what i saw a mod saying i think :)

I just saw pics of the UI at neoGAF and I've settled into the unfortunate reality that it's not only consolized, it has all the charm of a hypodermic needle. Straight out of DA2. Yeesh. Sorry to change my tone like this, but it's kind of mind boggling when everything else is at such a high level. Hope the RED kit comes soon.

I just saw pics of the UI at neoGAF and I've settled into the unfortunate reality that it's not only consolized, it has all the charm of a hypodermic needle. Straight out of DA2. Yeesh. Sorry to change my tone like this, but it's kind of mind boggling when everything else is at such a high level. Hope the RED kit comes soon.
I don't know what's DA2's skill tree like, but my problem with the UI is that CDPR kept the same stylized look that TW2 had, the icons are very reminiscent to those in the previous game, which I'm not a fan of. I like to have most things fresh in a new installment. I wish they went for something between TW1 and TW2 - a little bit more artistic than the second one but not as convoluted as the first one.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic now, I just wanted to throw my two cents.

- Ultra increases vegetation. Yes even grass!
- Most dynamic/impressive Weather System the reporter has ever seen.

^^ This. AngryJoe will propably jizz on screen (again) just by looking at sheer UNIQUE content of this game.

Hmmm, I don't know about Angry Joe.. he enjoyed Skyrim more than W2 in 2011 and W3 seems to be still more akin to W2 than to a sand-box style game like Skyrim

Could someone elaborate on the enemies don't respawn thing? So I could potentially kill all the creatures in the world, and be running around a deserted land? Would they ever come back? Also, for what it's worth, I kinda liked the way the skill tree looked. Wasn't perfect, but made sense and looked decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom